Author Topic: ECTA Racers at SpeedWeek Updates ?  (Read 15913 times)

Offline Geo

Re: ECTA Racers at SpeedWeek Updates ?
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2012, 03:35:03 PM »
'cause it sure hurts her now.

SSS when I broke a couple of ribs I toughed it out for a couple of days then I found the following to greatly relieve the pain:

8:00 AM two aspirin

10:00 AM shot of whiskey

12:00 PM two Tylenol

2:00 PM beer

4:00 PM two aspirin

6:00 PM shot of whiskey

8:00 PM two Tylenol

10:00 PM beer

Modify as needed.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2012, 03:39:41 PM »
Careful there -- tylenol and alcohol don't mix.  They both mess with your liver, and together -- bad news.  Stick to aspirin if you're going to drink.

I assume you're just teasing around - but still, don't do acetominophen and alcohol.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2012, 03:43:02 PM »
Sorry Jon I just had to rub it in :-D
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline Geo

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2012, 03:48:46 PM »
Jon, I did not know that.   :-o  Thanks.  So I went and looked it up:

Acetaminophen, (tylenol) when combined with a certain enzyme that develops in the liver after sustained drinking (2-3 drinks per day, over a few days), results in a toxic byproduct that will cause liver cell death.

SO I am changing drugs if ever needed again.

Ibuprofen is an NSAID which stands for non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug, and like with any other prescription, it is better avoiding taking ibuprofen and alcohol together.

However some doctors say that ibuprofen is one of those drugs that are generally safe for drinking alcohol while using them. But they also warn you that taking NSAIDs like ibuprofen and aspirin for a long period will cause eventually stomach and intestinal irritation.

Offline roadracer

• TLN Motorsports/KWS/Brock's/DCW/Vortex/WWB
    • TLN Motorsports
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2012, 06:25:29 AM »
Slim, had the same injury roadracing, spit over the top on a highside out of a fast corner.  The collarbone recovery was doing fine until I raced 3 weeks later at Pocono and got into a bad high speed wobble that tried to spit me off.  Ended up with a plate on it.  Tell Nancy to just take it easy for a while and she will be golden.

Joe, I had Navy Therapist helping me all 3 times they put my knee back together.  Thought I was back in boot camp, but in the end I was better than before I hurt it.  Hang in there my friend and I know the feeling of just doing nothing. 
2006 Kawasaki ZX-6rr (Worlds Fastest standing mile and 1.5 mile)
2008 Kawasaki ZX-10R (4 200 MPH Clubs)
2008 Kawasaki EX-250R (Multiple ECTA and LTA records)
131 Land Speed Records set since 2008
125 Land Speed Racing records (including 3 Worlds Fastest Speeds) set since 2008.

Offline relaxedphit

• Organ Donor...refrigerate after opening
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2012, 09:36:05 AM »
Jon & Nancy - After breaking my xyphoid process, and breaking or cracking most of the ribs on my left side from various mishaps, a nurse finally told me to hold a pillow against my chest if I had to sneeze or cough. The worst mistake I made while in the hospital in May of 2011 (blaming it on the morphine drip) was thinking I would go to sleep while watching Ron White.

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2012, 03:29:58 PM »
"Roadracer",     (Greg)   ...  I see why you quit roadracing.

Joe

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2012, 04:00:41 PM »
I don't remember seeing it here, but if it was posted - about Jack Broomall's new record -- forgive me for repeating.  He ran on Nancy's old P/P 1659 201.913 record (2009).  His first run on the bike was on the short course (to get the bike qualified for the long course) and he ran a 206, which put him in impound.  The next morning he ran again and timed a 203.XXX, giving him a record 204 1/2 or so.  Congratulations to him and Don, his crew.  But -- his speed still hasn't got to the 205 minimum for a red hat in the class.  He's already got a hat so is just gunning for good speeds.

He hadn't run yet today when I saw Don, who said they were "evaluating" things like the weather and the course.  An hour or so ago I saw them heading down to the line, though, but haven't heard if they made a run.  If so -- someone tell us, please.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2012, 04:31:36 PM »
I don't remember seeing it here, but if it was posted - about Jack Broomall's new record -- forgive me for repeating. 

You getting enough sleep, Jon?   :mrgreen:

Jack Broomall put it into impound yesterday with a 206 on Nancy's old 201.913 record.  He did that on course #3 - short only.  This morning he ran a 203 to back up the record, but the 205 minimum is still out there for Nancy's hat.  Jack got his hat last year. 

Jack Broomall did bump her record today (assuming he made it through engine cert), with a 206 down and 203 return, so the record now stands someplace in the mid-204 range.  The red hat minimum is still at 205...

Enjoying the coverage.  Glad that Nancy's feeling well.

Hey, did you hear about Jack Broomal? :evil:

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline LSR Mike

• First Pass-June 25, 2000; Muroc Dry Lake
    • Mike & Paula's Site
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2012, 07:49:26 PM »
, The ribs longer. Sneezing, laughing, coughing, no fun.

OHH, OHH lets Send Slim jokes to tell to Nancy!

maybe he can read her the stupid joke Friday thread!

In all seriousness, Paula and I send our best to all y'all, Nancy to heal, and to you, as a caregiver, it's a important part of the recovery; and not a easy job, not to mention play by play, porta potty's

Salute to you multitasker...
Mike M.
BNI/ECTA
ECTA Record Holder/Former Bonneville Record Holder

Offline roadracer

• TLN Motorsports/KWS/Brock's/DCW/Vortex/WWB
    • TLN Motorsports
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2012, 06:18:23 AM »
Slim I didn't hear anything about jack yesterday.  I know he was aiming for more mph than what he set the record on and that bike is well capable of it.  Best of luck to him.

Joe, haven't quit roadracing.  There may be an appearance at VFR before the year is out.  The collarbone and ribs would have been ok, but I left out the part about the ankle and wrist.   :-)  Collarbone and ribs left side, ankle and wrist right side.  Made control a bit tricky.   :roll:  I miss being younger and bolder...ok dumber.
2006 Kawasaki ZX-6rr (Worlds Fastest standing mile and 1.5 mile)
2008 Kawasaki ZX-10R (4 200 MPH Clubs)
2008 Kawasaki EX-250R (Multiple ECTA and LTA records)
131 Land Speed Records set since 2008
125 Land Speed Racing records (including 3 Worlds Fastest Speeds) set since 2008.

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2012, 06:20:48 AM »
Greg -  There are old pilots and there are bold pilots  ...........  However, there are no old/bold pilots.    Keep it going in a straight line. 

Joe

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2012, 10:28:32 AM »
I just stopped for a visit with Jack B.  Yesterday he was stuck at 203.  He even tried a run with traction control on -- didn't like it, didn't pick up speed, didn't lose speed.  I'll try to find out what he does on this run - after I fix my glasses.

He got down the course before I fixed the glasses.  They didn't announce the last mile, but Jack ran 203 first mile and 205 middle mile.  Sure wish I heard that last mile.  Maybe later. . .
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 10:34:29 AM by Seldom Seen Slim »
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline bearingburner

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2012, 08:56:59 AM »
Das Bullet F/BGL upped their record from230+ to 240s

Offline gray63

« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2012, 08:59:55 AM »
Hope you heal quickly Nancy!  Hoping to hear about Casper, #3611 white/blue vette, but not sure what there schedule is out there.

I ran CASPER 196 on Saturday and on Sunday we had an engine failure. Stayed till Monday and watched the other racers then headed back to Carlisle.
We anticipated some engine work this winter anyway, but we will be pulling the engine out this week to diagnose.
We hope that everyone had a safe and enjoyable event.
Dave Gray
# 3611
56 Corvette