Author Topic: Rookie rules don't apply to all?  (Read 42336 times)

Offline Bob Drury

Re: Rookie rules don't apply to all?
« Reply #75 on: August 23, 2012, 11:15:41 AM »
  Sid, why would a guy who excaped from a British Penal Colony to a halfway house Colony (N.Z.) move to Idaho (a Potato Colony)?
  Anyway, thanks for what ever it is you just said (I think).............
                                      Bob (a purveyer of Curley Cue Fries)   :roll:
Bob Drury

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #76 on: August 23, 2012, 11:50:02 AM »
Bob,  sorry for all of your misfortune  but I think this was what Sid was referering to:

If there was a mistake made, let's learn from it and get over it. . . .  your misfortune that is!

Why the EXTENDED rant?   :cry:  I will ask you the same question I think others are wondering and  I asked Otto---Are you off your meds?

Oh by the way it turns out he was!

« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 05:33:39 AM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #77 on: August 23, 2012, 02:54:24 PM »
  Sparky the extended rant was meant as not a sob story, but to note that we all have had problems on the salt, sometimes mechanical, sometimes self caused, sometimes by other racers acting like dickheads, sometimes by SCTA officials over stepping their bounds, but no matter what, we are all there to race, and after reading the first eight or ten posts (including a few of yours) Everything had been said at least four or five times and the topic seemed to be looking for someone to hang.
  What I was attempting to point out, however long winded, was simply "lets let the SCTA official's get to the bottom of it, thats their job (even if it was one of their own), and get back to racing or at least talking about it, rather in adding more wood to the fire.   Bob
Bob Drury

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #78 on: August 23, 2012, 03:55:32 PM »
Bob,
      Kiwi's & Aussie's are known for speaking their mind.
I came here for the salt 25yrs ago & worked with Al Teague. After I finished working on the Herbert-Steen liner in the 90's I settled near by in spudland.
  Sid.

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #79 on: August 23, 2012, 04:12:17 PM »
From a earlier post I made, have any of you down loaded the Bonneville rookie orientation information on the SCTA-BNI web site. It all seems very clear to me what should be done. Nuff said.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #80 on: August 23, 2012, 05:23:39 PM »
  Darn it Sid, I was hoping it had to do with nickers inspection................ :roll:
Bob Drury

Offline Kiwi Paul

« Reply #81 on: August 24, 2012, 01:26:13 AM »
Don`t start with him, Bob, the nickers Inspection stories will curl your hair, or at the very least, un-hinge your pony tail. I also have refrained from posting on this topic, as I raised it with a couple of people way higher up the pole than myself during Speed Week, and am in two minds as to an approach to this. I`d like to suggest a couple of things, but will wait until I get some more feedback on my ruminations....

Offline jl222

« Reply #82 on: August 24, 2012, 12:51:14 PM »
 Sparky the extended rant was meant as not a sob story, but to note that we all have had problems on the salt, sometimes mechanical, sometimes self caused, sometimes by other racers acting like dickheads, sometimes by SCTA officials over stepping their bounds, but no matter what, we are all there to race, and after reading the first eight or ten posts (including a few of yours) Everything had been said at least four or five times and the topic seemed to be looking for someone to hang.
  What I was attempting to point out, however long winded, was simply "lets let the SCTA official's get to the bottom of it, thats their job (even if it was one of their own), and get back to racing or at least talking about it, rather in adding more wood to the fire.   Bob

That's a good one :roll: ''lets let the SCTA officials get to the bottom of it''

More wood :? After being denied the 200 mph line [we hold the El Mirage AA/BGALT at 229 mph and had just turned 286 mph in the 1st mile at Bville but now an A motor] and no sense in running the 222 car from position 152 we left the car home. If you think that Troy and I weren't pissed off when we saw the Hot Rod Magazine Camaro up front in the 200 mph line, you live in lala land. Thanks Roy Creel :roll:

This was on Sat of 2 day meet in Nov [ have video ]

WAS DAVID FREIBURGER A ROOKIE :?  Nathen :?  I don't remember him at El Mirage.

Just another question for the SCTA officials [at the bottom] to get to the bottom.

JL222

« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 12:55:50 PM by jl222 »

Offline modelAsteve

« Reply #83 on: August 24, 2012, 01:50:20 PM »
Good thing you guys don't remember a few years ago. A computer wiz from back east (Ohio I think) helped out setting up the electronics on a car. On her third pass ever she ended up in impound with a 300+ run. That's my version of the story!
Life ain't fair- get over it! Steve

Offline jl222

« Reply #84 on: August 24, 2012, 02:35:38 PM »
Good thing you guys don't remember a few years ago. A computer wiz from back east (Ohio I think) helped out setting up the electronics on a car. On her third pass ever she ended up in impound with a 300+ run. That's my version of the story!
Life ain't fair- get over it! Steve

You get over it. Just expect  SCTA to follow their own rules.

Thats why shit like this happens, watch and learn, no comment from SCTA, after short while everything forgotten, you said it yourself.

JL222

Offline Tman

« Reply #85 on: August 24, 2012, 06:35:43 PM »
And we wonder why certain folks refuse to take part in this board :roll:?

I think this horse has been beaten into horsradish. Time to move on.

Offline jl222

« Reply #86 on: August 24, 2012, 07:00:40 PM »
And we wonder why certain folks refuse to take part in this board :roll:?

I think this horse has been beaten into horsradish. Time to move on.

Tman...ther's a robber in your house, go crawl under the bed and shut your eyes, untill he leaves, then after a 2 hr wait after he leaves,crawl out and see whats missing. Don't inform the cops or insurance they woun't like it.

P.S. life not fair getover it.

JL222
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 07:09:53 PM by jl222 »

PatMc

« Reply #87 on: August 25, 2012, 09:24:48 AM »
My bad.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 10:58:46 AM by PatMc »

Offline javajoe79

« Reply #88 on: August 25, 2012, 09:49:45 AM »
http://underthehood.mahleclevite.com/?p=842

More (mis)information about this here. Really just makes me wonder how accurate any info regarding this subject is at this point. Run logs are messed up, one story says one thing, one story says another  :?
Coffey Fabrication and Race Prep
313 Wilhagan Rd Nashville, TN 37217
615-210-1605

https://www.facebook.com/CoffeyFabrication

PatMc

« Reply #89 on: August 25, 2012, 10:35:49 AM »
Darn, I need to shut up.  Sorry.

I do not have the correct attitude to post on this board.  I will continue to read, but posting here is not something I should be doing.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 11:04:00 AM by PatMc »