Author Topic: Rookie rules don't apply to all?  (Read 42335 times)

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Re: Rookie rules don't apply to all?
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2012, 06:42:48 PM »
369 had used a class change number
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline JR529

« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2012, 06:52:57 PM »
yeah, for some reason there are still some missing runs for at least the 12th and 13th. My runs in #369 are not listed on the website but they are listed where it counts (the record cert sheet)

Offline desotoman

« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2012, 07:59:27 PM »

369 had used a class change number

Glen,

Two people got in the Two Club with the old Wilson and Waters roadster.(I cannot forget Dana, RIP)

John using #369 and Keith using the class change to Modified Roadster using #1369.

Tom G.

I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline jl222

« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2012, 08:24:10 PM »
yeah, for some reason there are still some missing runs for at least the 12th and 13th. My runs in #369 are not listed on the website but they are listed where it counts (the record cert sheet)

If you ran on the long course but only went to the 3 your time is under the short course results :?
  Also spins and turnouts from long course, but before the 3 are under short couse results.

Couldn't find my 1st test run on long course but listed on short course when only getting a coasting time thru the 3.

JL222
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 08:26:27 PM by jl222 »

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2012, 08:35:20 PM »
Course one and two were combination courses 3 or 5 mile, new guys doing the results this year. Ed wasn't there and with 4 courses running a couple of errors or omissions probably occurred on the inputs. I am sure this will be corrected.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Tman

« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2012, 12:12:09 AM »
Glen, we were #416 but had one run that was listed under #46 (Mariani car) I do not know if it was changed on the official record? Who do we talk to?

Offline dw230

« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2012, 01:39:04 AM »
Trent,

You didn't get a record. I didn't see you in Impound did I?

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #67 on: August 21, 2012, 09:43:54 AM »
Back to subject... The only info I have is what I posted... the story from his blog on nhra... and the conflicting story that has evolved toward compliance...
Sparky, no egg on your face, just the passion for the integrity of the sport, you owe no one an apology!
None of it matters, integrity of the rules and organization are really what is at stake... if he got a pass on the safety rules for rookies someone needs to consider the ramifications if he had crashed on that 194 pass, would mom and dad had a good case to sue the organization for not enforcing it own safety rules for rookies...
I would suggest to the race director that no safety rule should ever be waived for celebrity...
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Tman

« Reply #68 on: August 21, 2012, 10:28:45 AM »
Trent,

You didn't get a record. I didn't see you in Impound did I?

DW

No, we didn't. Best of 142. We put 15 mph on our speed from last year. I stopped by the WGB and Impound several times trying to track you down! You sure get around!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 10:34:46 AM by Tman »

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #69 on: August 22, 2012, 02:05:35 AM »
 Well I tried to stay out of this fray but having a big mouth and no brains here I go again.
  As many of you know (and has been substantiated by several members of the inspection team, I was used as a example of punishment during Speedweek 20ll for all to see and chortle at because of a vendeta by a person who eveyone knows and is afraid to speak up against).
  I next caught hell for merely "asking" what others thought about seperate records for high dollar teams.
  I have previously railed against what I consider a "good old boy" attitude which amongst other things badly injured a M.C. rider at a non SCTA event last year.
  I have watched the ex head of the BNI help lift a parapalegic into a 200+ mph roadster to make a pass when no one without a crane and full fire protection could possibly save him from a fire.
  I have been both distracted and nearly had a chute deployed by a nice person with obvious physical and possibly mental issues while waiting to fire up.
  I have had my push truck run into by Jack Costello's who felt he needed to run ahead of me when a new crew man was a little slow belting me in.
  I have also had much help from strict but curtious inspectors who scared the hell out of me but also helped enable me to race, and of course I have been writen up by "self proclaimed experts who didn't even know the rules.
  Now to the crux of the matter:  
we are a non profit orginization that is self policing and self governing, staffed by volunteers who are are peers and more importantly our friends.
  In the case of Jason line, it sounds like most evidence shows that he was allowed special treatment by the rules committee and the car owner., Wayne Jessel.
  Having met Wayne and having had him help me out  although he didn' know me from diddly squat, he donated his valuable time and knowledge and even talked to my engine builder by phone to help solve a problem with lifters made by another vendor
  Is this a bad deal?  You bet your Acura it is, and I am sure that the person who feels the worrst is Wayne Jessel.

Wayne loves Bonneville and has helped out everyone from Mike Cook to a nobody like me.  He has answered emails and phone calls to help some of us go after his records.
  He is not a cheater.
  As for the SCTA staff that allowed Jason to trun, I would only say that first of all if I was to put a rookie in my car, he would be a great choice..
  If there was a mistake made, lets learn from it and get over it.
  I seem to have a univited ongoing fued with Steve Davis, allthough I don't wish for it to continue, nor do I want to see him fired or punished.
  I just want to race, just like everyone else.  We all make mistakes.  We race for fun.  Our officials are volunteers.
  For Christ sakes lets let it go and go race.  Enough is enough.  Subaru happens.  A few people fu*cked up.  GET OVER IT.
  I am sure everyone involved will be chastised by the proper officials, they are all sorry and embarassed, et al.
  I am not pointing any fingers here, but to the persistant complainers, why not take a year off from racing and volunteer to work as a inspector or track worker?
  Right now I am home having just spent three grand to NOT race my car through my own ignorance and a pissant engine rebuilder in Phoenix. My car , trailer, firesuit, helmet and support items are locked up in Wendover, and I am trying to deal with some Alfa insurance agencies after being rearended by a uninsured driver.
  I have no clue how I can possibly afford to go retrieve my car let alone run the World Finals, but I am sure as hell not going to let the Jason Line problem stop me from trying to make it happen.
  It's over, lets go racing,even if we can't afford it.......        Bob

t.
t
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 02:23:16 AM by Bob Drury »
Bob Drury

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2012, 11:54:52 AM »
  Just to clarify, my last post was a somewhat feeble attempt to disarm what I percieve as a "no win" arguement.
  I think Stainless' opening post was right on, and I agree some actions should be taken, but my point was meant to say that we "DO" need to insure that it does not happen again, and the people responsible should have a copy of the do's and do not's with them at all times.
  If their are no such copies of proper protocol, then hopefully the SCTA will print and implement them.
  My sole concern here is having lived through the ugly shut down of this site a few years back, and even though I am a strong proponent of open discourse, We need to keep our frustrations as civilized as possible (and yes, I am as guilty as anyone else of violating my own rule).
  It takes real balls to openly call out the SCTA and I salute Stainless for having them (although I think his are Brass).
  Personally I think each of us with a opinion should call our club President or Rep and ask him to address this at the next SCTA meeting.
  For you newbies or racers who (like me) don't live in SoCal, keep in mind that to apply for a rule change and to get the latest official news letters, YOU MUST BE A SCTA CLUB MEMBER.
  It's easy to do, turn to page 177 of ourcurrent rule book and call any club President and ask about joining.
 The best way is to ask anyone you might know who is currently a club member to sponsor you.
  From then on, you will have the right to propose changes and vote for whom ever you like.      Bob
Bob Drury

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #71 on: August 22, 2012, 12:44:53 PM »
Bob,on the scta-bni web site at the bottom of the cover page theie is a list of information for LSR.
Click on the the one that says Bonneville orientation, it covers everything for the first timer and even some old ones.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

LittleLiner

« Reply #72 on: August 22, 2012, 10:11:56 PM »
  . . .  If there was a mistake made, let's learn from it and get over it. . . .

Bob, I pulled this short sentence from your post because (IMO) it is possibly the best 'rule to live by' that has ever been posted to the internet . . .

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #73 on: August 22, 2012, 10:31:39 PM »
  L.L., thank's it must have been a brain fart.............................Bob
Bob Drury

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #74 on: August 23, 2012, 10:15:46 AM »
Bob,
     On behalf of all the Kiwis & Aussies, I hereby give you the "Honorary Downunda Award".  :-D :-) :-( :-o :? 8-) :lol: :x :-P :oops: :cry: :evil: :roll: :wink: :| :mrgreen: :cheers: :cheers:
  Sid.