Author Topic: Rookie rules don't apply to all?  (Read 42344 times)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: Rookie rules don't apply to all?
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2012, 01:15:48 PM »
I will,  but I know first hand how busy he is--I will call today and ask for what time would be good for him!!!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2012, 01:48:07 PM »
907-800-6853 is a non working number
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2012, 01:59:49 PM »
Sparky:

Bill Lattin's number & email are on page 173 of the rule book.

:cheers:

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2012, 02:26:33 PM »
rctScientist---thanks for your wise counsel---I followed up--called Lee Kennedy  got what he knows about it -- got a rough time line and some names  I will follow up and report back---  there is definitely another side of the story :

Due to time constraints-- private orentation before Sat am by SCTA folks

There was a pass above the asked for 175--this is reguarally done for RACE lisc drivers with higher speeds and proven cars---Lee is only speaking for cars

a wrong gear in the truck ( my guess is from last years I think turbo effort)--Lee told me Wayne Jessel was sweating bullets over what was their mistake  Lee said that Jason was very concerend--and worked hard to do exactly what was asked of him.

I will personally check out the scta logs and call the folks whose names I was given who were involved--

I want all to know that I have more EGG on MY face than anyone else--IF anyone feels like there is someone that deserves an apology let me kown and I will respond accordingly

Stainless called to our attention he heard the truck during SAT "Rookie Meeting"

There may still be some small unansered questions---but at this stage--I think there is enough egg to go around  for all our faces---like most things in life --- there is a lot of grey between black and white--we maybe being played but I do not think so.

the only thing not straight out of the rule book is the non sat morning orientation and the un written 175 1st pass for drivers with lisc from other areas---I was allowed to go all out at El M from the rookie line after I went through rookie Orentation---I have seen, helped conduct, and been a party to several non-standard orientation from explaining the turnout rules, to taking someone down the course so they could see the course after the normal rookie drive!!!

AGAIN I want all to know that I have more EGG on MY face than anyone else--IF anyone feels like there is someone that deserves an apology let me kown and I will respond accordingly

« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 07:04:02 PM by SPARKY »

Offline Tman

« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2012, 02:55:46 PM »
You are fine Sparky. It was an obvious question that was even being talked about in the pits while I was there. Folks just wanted to know. That egg will wash off :-P

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2012, 03:02:50 PM »
Sparky, it was a question that should have been asked and you stood forward and did it. There's no harm in that and now that it appears there's a solid explanation for all that happened I think everyone should be able to move forward without guilt or embarrassment. 

Thanks for caring about the integrity of the sport.

Pete

Offline Rcktscientist

« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2012, 03:25:48 PM »
Well this goes to show what great folks all you LSR racers are :cheers:

Looks can be decieving. Even folks who know me probably think the handle I use is because I am an Aerospace Engineer. Couldn't be further from the truth. It is because whenever (OK, often) I did a bonehead thing when I was young, my mother would call me a "Rocketscientist". I still find myself doing something stupid in the shop I will mumble rocketscientist under my breath.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2012, 04:32:26 PM »
lol

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2012, 05:09:38 PM »
Sparky,

Thanks for the insight, like I said, I learned your passion for the subject. I was able to see the topic from your perspective which is a valid one. You are correct in wanting to perserve the integrity of the last 64 years and how all of you club members got your hat(s). Because some day, if my junk every makes a qualifing run and I am lucky enough to make record return run...I want to have the same credibility as all that came before me. 

Bill     :cheers:
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2012, 06:17:22 PM »
I agree with what Bill said.

Bill,  it will be nice if we ever have the chance,good fortune and racing luck yo get a hat...I want a bunch of these Red Hat racers who frequent  this forum to be there...It means alot to get your hat in front and by the racers that have done it...
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2012, 06:47:10 PM »
Charles,

True. Its a unique group of people. I hope to earn more than my PARTICIPANT hat that I got last year.

Bill
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2012, 12:29:05 AM »
Here is what I have been able to find for the Jessel 4449

2 passes on Sat with 1 out of sequence a 194 pass followed by the "make up" 171
on Sunday  went to impound  with a 217 which by his own words exceed the 215 he was asked to not exceed---no big deal--but lots have had to repeat when failing to "comply"

Other than his blog---I have not been able to verify he even ran on Monday but he claims 235 with record of 225 and a hat---

WHY no log entrys for 4449 on long course or record logs of any run on Monday?

Offline azgearhed

• 1979 Z-28 AA/CBGC & AA/CGC & AA/CBGALT
« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2012, 11:26:02 AM »
I can't help myself-I have to comment on this. Our team went to Speedweek 2011 with a new car and 3 rookie drivers. We were all former drag racers so we knew very little about LSR stuff. We went though rookie orientaion and we all came up together on our licensing. My 150-175 was too slow so I had to redo it. Rogers' 125-150 was too fast so he had to redo it. During the course of the 2011 event our three drivers made 14 runs and all got our A licenses. My two fellow drivers and I have probably 20+ years each in drag racing, but we did not get a "pass" in licensing when we went over or under. I believe maintaining the integrity of the SCTA rules is much more important than a little press generated by famous racers dabbling in SCTA events. By the way, at SW 2012 we hit the old AA/CBGC record by almost 30mph and all without sponsorship or press. Thank you to all the officials and volunteers.
BC Racing 1979 Z-28
AA/CBGC Record 251.802 Speed Week 2012
AA/CBGALT Record 255.382 Speed Week 2013
AA/CBGC Record 226.104 El Mirage Sept 2015
AA/CBFALT Record 227.954 El Mirage June 2016
AA/CBGC Record 267.878 Speed Week 2018
AA/CBGALT Record 236.458 El Mirage Nov 2016
It's a lot of work to have fun...

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2012, 02:05:09 PM »
The only refrence we have to the 4449 on Monday-- New 200-300 club members on 8-13-12 with a 225.246 on an old 191. mph record.

Offline desotoman

« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2012, 03:00:50 PM »

WHY no log entrys for 4449 on long course or record logs of any run on Monday?

Sparky,

For general information I am having the same problem finding any runs for Car #369, yet it has this posted under new 200 mph club members.

8/13    369    Waters Manghelli & Romero    F    BGR    205.531    224.007    John Romero

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.