Author Topic: Official Speed Week 2012 photo/news thread  (Read 438644 times)

Offline doug

Re: Official Speed Week 2012 photo/news thread
« Reply #210 on: August 13, 2012, 06:07:11 PM »
a few more
Car 636 BC Racing AA/BCGC   record 222.501
1/4    -    202
mile 1 -    215
mile 2 -    248
mile 3 -    256
exit    -    ??

http://bangshift.com/gallery/bonneville-speed-week-2012-sunday-gallery-1.html?pid=109668

Car # 6969 Paul Ogden AA/BGC record 241.592
1/4    -    221
mile 1 -    229
mile 2 -    247
mile 3 -    258
exit    -    ??

http://www.torqueaddicts.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19737

Offline RichFox

« Reply #211 on: August 13, 2012, 06:24:11 PM »
Does anyone have any if on the very low streamliner pictured a few posts back Today by RayTheRat???
I website would be great.
You left out lots of information but I'm guessing you are referring to the Costella+Yacoucci 788 car. Type in Rick yacoucci on your search and see if something pops up.

Offline ChrisLenahan

« Reply #212 on: August 13, 2012, 06:32:42 PM »
I think you can find the streamliner you are asking about at Bonnevillestreamliner.com .

Offline joea

« Reply #213 on: August 13, 2012, 06:34:34 PM »
thanks Doug it helps alot,

havent had chance to listen to radio, and dont have time yet to try to correlate
the speeds and vehicle numbers posted from this am returns to  what kind of vehicle
ran them, bike,car truck etc from the pre-entry list...

in time they will appear on scta site at least ..:)

Offline doug

« Reply #214 on: August 13, 2012, 07:20:17 PM »
I have to reference last year's entry list because this year's entry list did not

have vehicle numbers. I know we're all starving for info and trying to be patient.

Offline GH

« Reply #215 on: August 13, 2012, 07:43:54 PM »
SSS, I hope Nancy is feeling better. I'm sure she would rather be out on the salt than in some hotel room recouperating.

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
« Reply #216 on: August 13, 2012, 07:50:33 PM »
I have to reference last year's entry list because this year's entry list did not

have vehicle numbers. I know we're all starving for info and trying to be patient.

With all due respect, doug, RTFM.  http://www.landracing.com/forum/index.php/topic,11651.195.html

If you read that post I made, you'll see that I gave you the information that it was the "Costella, Yacoucci & Waters E/GS running a 260" Chevy smallblock".  I take the time to look these things up in the program in an effort to provide you and everyone else as much info as I can.  There's a limited amount of time I can spend doing the footwork, trying to keep my cameras (and myself) from succumbing to the heat, editing the photos on a laptop in the front seat of my Burb and then uploading them to the LR forum via my cell phone.  And even though you didn't ask, I'll tell you that the cost of all this comes out of my own pocket.  Yes, I get some of the donations that are made to landracing.com, but mainly I do it because I want to.  Right now, I'm sitting near the Bend in the Road because I can get cell connectivity there.  It's 95F and it feels like 50 percent humidity.  It's probably not quite that high, but being a desert Rat, I'm used to much lower numbers.  And there's a dog that someone has left in their trailer that's barkin his fool head off right by my left ear and as soon as I post this I'm gonna split. 

So if you think you're trying to be patient, put yerself in my seat.  Yeah, I love being here, but it's also a lotta work that requires a lotta patience.

Now.  To let ya know that I'm not angry, but just tired and hungry, here's another shot of the liner as it was being pushed off to the side of the course when it wouldn't run.

LittleLiner

« Reply #217 on: August 13, 2012, 07:51:19 PM »
Kicking that little liner will not help. :-D

Huh?  Somebody kicking LittleLiner??  That's my wife's job.   :-D

Anyway . .   Wish I was there.  Thanks for the coverage.  My best to Nancy.

BTW Jon, how's the bike.   :-D

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
« Reply #218 on: August 13, 2012, 08:07:28 PM »
Well, I lied.  I was gonna split, but then I saw what I'd shot in Impound and decided to do a group of "teaser" shots.  One of my favorite websites (besides landracing) and major-league time-waster is www.autopuzzles.com  This is the sorta thing that's done there.  Try to figure out what each of the teaser photos is...and I'll award points that can be redeemed for an RtR sarcastic rant Tuesday ayem.

Must eat and sleep now.

Offline maguromic

• http://www.barringtontea.com
« Reply #219 on: August 13, 2012, 08:21:03 PM »
The first picture is a blown GMC 302 in a '32 roadster or at least a roadster with '32 rails. Tony
“If you haven’t seen the future, you are not going fast enough”

Offline Betheileen9

• New folks
  • the old Honda Tail
« Reply #220 on: August 13, 2012, 08:25:16 PM »
Hi,
To you all out there at the salt, I am a newbie to the forum. I am married to Larry huff and have been out there 3 times. I love it, am hooked completely. My Pop's is Bill huff and Laura huff is my sister in-law. Larry and Laura raced their motorcycles and bar stool out there. I am so happy that Nancy is doing better I had the pleasure of meeting her and Slim on my 2nd visit @ the salt. in 2007 I believe. I also so glad to be streaming live on the net thanks to you all out there Lucky Bums  :cheers:
Wish We could be there too
Thanks again
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 08:34:26 PM by Betheileen9 »
Beth Huff =o)

Offline saltracer1

« Reply #221 on: August 13, 2012, 08:30:35 PM »
Last picture looks like a Studebaker pickup to me. Phil

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #222 on: August 13, 2012, 08:35:03 PM »
Nancy's better every hour, but she's told me that she won't be playing in the volleyball tournament this weekend.  I took a closer look at the bike today.  There's more broken bodywork than I thought - the nose piece needs a replacement as well as a few other items in the right/front area - but I think that's it.  I found the tether switch, plugged in the tether (when Nancy went down the tether yanked out, just like it's supposed to do, and shut off the engine.  But when the bike hit the salt it bonked the switch itself loose), twisted the key -- and the bike started immediately.  I ran it for a second or two -- but it ran smooth and no issues, so I'll expect that the tether killed things before it could run lying on its' side.

The plan for now is to clean the (approx.) 400# of salt that's on and in it, and replace the bodywork, and then have me ride it at WoS.  Nancy will have to get new leathers before she can ride again, and she'll probably not want to ride it 'til after this season ends.  But hey -- with all that new work over the last winter, and since it's already pre-registered for WoS -- I think it's only wise for me to try to get it ready to run in September.

And Nancy knows that I wouldn't bump the record up against her.  Jack Broomall did bump her record today (assuming he made it through engine cert), with a 206 down and 203 return, so the record now stands someplace in the mid-204 range.  The red hat minimum is still at 205, so if everything lined up just right -- well, yeah, I guess we can made up all sorts of scenarios, can't we?

But I'll still ride it!! :-D :-D

Beth:  Thanks for the howdy.  CU Soon?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline trimmers

• Jeff in Boise
« Reply #223 on: August 13, 2012, 08:54:51 PM »
Ray:

The third shot is the Allison (now Rolls-Royce) turbine engine in the T2 streamliner.
------------- 1 of just 3 in all 3  -------------
USFRA 130 MPH Club 09/18/2008 136.757
USFRA 150 MPH Club 09/17/2009 152.162
Bonneville 200 MPH Club 09/15/2019 218.600
Best Run: 253.080 MPH 09/14/2019 #6556

Offline Bib Overalls

• New folks
« Reply #224 on: August 13, 2012, 09:09:48 PM »
Talked to Danny Burrow a few minutes ago.  He is frustrated but hoping to make a good run tomorrow.  Said the salt was soft and rutted where he spun out today and that they (SCTA) will be moving the long course to better salt tomorrow.  Blowfish is OK and ready to go.