Author Topic: Official Speed Week 2012 photo/news thread  (Read 438166 times)

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
Re: Official Speed Week 2012 photo/news thread
« Reply #450 on: August 18, 2012, 06:24:16 PM »
Great info and pics in this thread-Kudos! :cheers:

Did anyone happen to get a pic of the FlatCad with the chute open? I really wanted one, but we missed it!
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c

Offline Tman

« Reply #451 on: August 18, 2012, 06:24:31 PM »
Lynda, something must be wrong with my monitor.......it got all fuzzy as I read your story!

Nice to see you again, albeit briefly. But, I ALWAYS say howdy or good morning and wave to your awesome crew! :cheers:

Offline Freud

« Reply #452 on: August 18, 2012, 06:32:20 PM »
Buddy all you need to do is tell the fotog where you plan to pull the chute.

He will be there waiting.

Fred Larsen asked me for 10 years for that shot.

I did finally accomplish it and it was better than if it was planned.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
« Reply #453 on: August 18, 2012, 07:57:32 PM »
Thank Freud-I'll do that next year!

I've got to tell you, that one of this year's highlights was chatting with you again, and seeing the liner!

Man, what a piece of art that is! :cheers:
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c

Offline zzcruzin

« Reply #454 on: August 18, 2012, 08:14:47 PM »
Linda. I missed your smiling face this year and the usual hug. My choice to quit the Speeddemon team. Hope all is well with you. Hope to see you next year as a spectator. The bearded one, Mark.

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #455 on: August 19, 2012, 07:23:08 AM »
Hi Folks,

first, I'm safe back home and still on cloud (6)9.....

second, thank you to all the well wishers to my record.

third, a big big thank you very much (written in 10 inch big letters) to the Bockscar Team....Stainless/Johnboy/Marty (my Italian friend)/Barc/Corey/Aaron (the best breakfast I ever had at the salt)/James......maybe you not aware what you done for me....a dream which start in 1970 when I read the first time from the Blue Flame record became reality....driving a car at the salt to go for a record......You guys believed in me, that I can handle the Bockscar and bring the Bockscar into the record book.....I have the hope that I could make you proud with the 199,665 mph record.
I have no red had....no problem.....my priority was, to bring the Bockscar safe in one piece back, without hurting the mechanic and to get at last the car into the record book.

I done 11 runs overall and everything worked fine out....the car is in the same condition as I got him in my hand......in facts.....this car is a fantastic to drive....from the first moment when I went off from the starting line for my rookie run to the last run, the record run, I enjoyed the drive and had the biggest fun.

Special thanks goes to Stainless and Johnboy......Johnboy, you got me a perfect comfortable driving position in the car....without the comfortable feeling I never could drive the car so relax.....and Stainless, your knowledge and information for how to drive the car and the analysing of the data's of each run was a big part of the later success.

This is not only my record, this is also yours and the whole Bockscar team record.

I'm looking for to see you again in September and than we will have a proper record celebration dinner.

Thank you again for all what you done for me - I will never forget this gift you gave me.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 07:27:03 AM by PorkPie »
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #456 on: August 19, 2012, 07:44:05 AM »
Hey thats my old firesuit PorkPie is wearing.
KOOL
Hope you had fun PP
Of course you did.  Sorry you were just short of the "Red" hat.

Rick,

when I saw the suit it looked familiar to me.....but I couldn't figure out where I saw him before....I was told that this I Jon's suit....

but when I looked on.....I thought Jon never had so much seat time in the streamliner.

But the suit fit very well....and around the hip...maybe in 15 years... :-D

About fun.....YES, I HAD FUN......my smile under the helmet was so wide that it done dents in the outer panel......

and about the red hat, see my earlier note......the record was important.

When I will see you back at the salt?

All the best, see you one day back at the salt.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 07:51:43 AM by PorkPie »
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #457 on: August 19, 2012, 07:50:46 AM »
Nancy,

wish you all the best recovering. As I said to you at the 200 banquet.....heal everything properly and than come back with the bike....you can make it.

I was a witness of your bad luck.....you just dropped in front of me on the salt....and you was lucky that you hit not helmet first....otherwise it could be much more
serious. You never had a chance to overcome this highsider....and it was NOT YOUR FAULT.......hope I will see you back on the bike next year.

Meanwhile relax so good as possible and have a comfortable trip in September for the WoS and Shootout.

All the best wishes.

Pork Pie

Offline zzcruzin

« Reply #458 on: August 19, 2012, 12:30:05 PM »
A big congrats to you Pork Pie. You well deserve it. First came your photos and now your driving expertise. Whats next? Sounds like there is nothing you can't do when you put your mind to it. Again,,,job well done. Mark.

Offline GH

« Reply #459 on: August 19, 2012, 12:39:35 PM »
Pork Pie, I hope you had as much fun as I had driving on the Salt. A lot of people on this earth will never know the feeling of driving across that wide white place at such a high rate of speed. Hope to see you again someday.

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #460 on: August 19, 2012, 12:44:15 PM »
Pork Pie;

Congratulations! I'm sorry I didn't get to see your runs but I'm glad to hear that they were fast and safe.

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ    Lake Tahoe, NV
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline Geo

« Reply #461 on: August 19, 2012, 12:46:39 PM »
PorkPie,

Congratulations on your record.

Now you need to change your tag line:

Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & Record Holder

Geo

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #462 on: August 19, 2012, 01:45:56 PM »
Pork Pie

Congrats on your record. Outstanding.

Bill
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline Malcolm UK

« Reply #463 on: August 19, 2012, 04:19:20 PM »
Pork Pie

Congratulations from the Fast FACTS editorial team and from the membership of the Speed Record Club on your speed record.

Your first hand account of your efforts on the salt should look good in the newsletter. But who is going to supply the pictures of you in the car?

Jane and Malcolm
Derby, England.
Malcolm UK, Derby, England.

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #464 on: August 19, 2012, 04:36:38 PM »
A big congrats to you Pork Pie. You well deserve it. First came your photos and now your driving expertise. Whats next? Sounds like there is nothing you can't do when you put your mind to it. Again,,,job well done. Mark.

Sounds like there is nothing you can't do when you put your mind to it.

...this is very easy.....I only use ONE SINGLE BRAIN Cell.....so nothing can disturb..... :roll:
Pork Pie