Author Topic: Official Speed Week 2012 photo/news thread  (Read 438143 times)

Offline JimL

Re: Official Speed Week 2012 photo/news thread
« Reply #390 on: August 16, 2012, 03:45:54 PM »
Ray, thanks for thegood stuff.  I was in and done pretty quick, without even a camera.  Did you happen to shoot 1581B?  Qualified Saturday in the wet and return run Sunday morning.

Thanks again, JimL

Offline SteveM

« Reply #391 on: August 16, 2012, 04:20:22 PM »
The coverage and excitement all week has been fantastic.  Big thanks to everyone who has made this possible.

Steve.
1/2 of the Rampage Brothers

Offline Bullet

• New folks
« Reply #392 on: August 16, 2012, 04:38:47 PM »
I would like to send out a GREAT appreciation to Slim, Ray, & others.....etc. :cheers:
for their coverage of Speed Week,  it's been neat keeping up with what's going on out there!
Thanks again.
ps. tell Nancy, to just take it easy.....we're all thinking of her!

Bob.
Hope to see yall at World of Speed!

Offline JonAmo

« Reply #393 on: August 16, 2012, 05:02:09 PM »
Pork Pie is still driving the Boxscar. Stainless told him if you miss the shift points again your out of the car. He has hit all the shift points the last three runs. Latest run was 198.8xx and he needed a 198.953 to qualify for record. They are in line to make another pass, adjustments have been made in the MAP for hopefully a correct

199.7 mph latest run just now..... that qualify car and Pork Pie.

Jon

Offline jb2

« Reply #394 on: August 16, 2012, 05:12:30 PM »
cmon 200.3

Offline Moxnix

• Zufrieden mit Mir.
    • Speed Bumps on the Road to Perdition
« Reply #395 on: August 16, 2012, 05:19:13 PM »
Ditto. 

Scnell, schneller, am schnellsten, Herr Porkpie!
Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
http://speedbumpsontheroadtoperdition.wordpress.com/

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #396 on: August 16, 2012, 05:26:55 PM »
Pork Pie is still driving the Boxscar. Stainless told him if you miss the shift points again your out of the car. He has hit all the shift points the last three runs. Latest run was 198.8xx and he needed a 198.953 to qualify for record. They are in line to make another pass, adjustments have been made in the MAP for hopefully a correct

199.7 mph latest run just now..... that qualify car and Pork Pie.

Jon
Ditto. 

Schnell, schneller, am schnellsten, Herr Porkpie!

WOO HOO!!!! Gonna be on the edge of my seat in the morning! Goooooooooo PorkPie!!!!
Sending fast vibes from the cheap seats on the East Coast! He'll look real nice in a red hat!  :-D
Debbie, Todd & Josh
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline Dakin Engineering

« Reply #397 on: August 16, 2012, 06:11:54 PM »
GO Pork Pie!

Sam
Turbo Sportsters since '97

Offline hutchamatic

« Reply #398 on: August 16, 2012, 06:23:25 PM »
Speed Demon sets new top speed of Speed Week at 423.325. Way to go team
Team Speed Demon

Offline SkipH

• New folks
« Reply #399 on: August 16, 2012, 06:32:13 PM »
Thanks Ray and Jon for all you do. Get well soon Nancy!

GO PORKPIE!!!!!

SkipH

Offline hutchamatic

« Reply #400 on: August 16, 2012, 06:33:16 PM »
It is impound. Everything looked good. Ready for run in the am. Lets hope for a successful backup.
Team Speed Demon

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #401 on: August 16, 2012, 07:22:56 PM »
Quick, somebody bring Glen a Monster or a Red Bull, STAT!

He's fading fast!  :-D

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #402 on: August 16, 2012, 08:03:53 PM »
Hey Deb,
Glad to see you are still keeping up with happenings on the speed scene.  8-)
Bet you can relate to Nancy's pains. As I recall you went through something similar a few years back.
Regards and Wishing the best to you and yours, :cheers:
HB2  :-)
Well yes & no on that Harold. The good & bad of my clavicle break is that I broke it into 3 pieces, seemingly a far worse break that needed to be plated to repair. The good of it however, is that I had virtually no pain. Nothing was rubbing so it didn’t really hurt! In fact, I labored over the decision to ride the next day. Had I been in Bonneville I’m pretty sure I would have chosen to ride! ;) That being said I’m afraid I have little to offer in the way of dealing with the pain & recovery.
What I can relate to is the emotions that go along with it all. Embarrassment, self doubt, analysis, ridicule and the likes!
We have privately passed on our good wishes but publically here I will reiterate our best wishes for Nancy’s recovery both physically and emotionally. And I hope she’s able to fully analyze and learn from this experience. As we’ve all learned LSR is not a sport of perfection but more what we can learn on each and every run in our pursuit of perfection!

Debbie, I'm remembering the days of webcasting from here with your help on soundchecks and advising us when it quit.  Thanks for all that.  We've improved the equipment and monitor our output with a second computer, but, still, we learned a lot . . . See you at the ECTA opener in 2013.
You’ve progressed by leaps and bounds and I join the many in thanking you, Jon, RTR et all for the awesome coverage! We’ve been taking a little LSR time out this year for a multitude of reasons. The big one being money for which I’m sure everyone can relate! The secondary being that we’ve been spending a lot of time dirt bike riding or more so motocross riding! I have to say I’m finding it far more challenging and intimidating than I did LSR! Lol But I’m confident that it’s helping my overall riding skills and will greatly benefit my confidence and abilities on our return to the salt! The next thing we have to do is figure out what’s our next LSR project!
Listening in this week reminds me that I miss our salt riding buddies! Soon I’ll have to throw some oil on the Stainless Jugs fire! :D

Oh & Hey Freud! Saw you post to me somewhere in here! Love & miss you too! :-*
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 08:23:48 PM by DahMurf »

Offline hotrod

• Black Horse photo
« Reply #403 on: August 16, 2012, 08:13:27 PM »
I just got home early yesterday morning, and finally got a chance to check the goings on via the web from work.
Funny how you folks at home have a better idea of what is going on than many of us out there on the salt sometimes.

Spent a good part of the day yesterday cleaning up the car and getting my photos off the memory cards and backed up on the computer.
I will post a few when time permits.

When I talked to the owner of the A.J. Watson champ car #5, he told me it was a brand new car built from scratch as an identical clone to the real car. He also had assistance from A. J. Watson himself as a technical consultant on the details of the car.
Beautifully executed car, and fun to see an Offy out on the salt.

I have a photo series of the Blowfish spin taken from the 2.5 mile, but I have not had time yet to see if the images are good enough to post given I was almost 2 miles away from the car when he spun. I also got some shots of the 5656 spin, but it will take some time to get the images up on the web due to work conflicts.

Nice seeing all the folks out there again, Ray I hope the camera problems are not terminal/expensive!

Jon send my best wishes to Nancy, I was just returning to the salt when they took her off for medical attention, and am glad to hear the damages were limited to both her and the bike.

Larry

Offline lvsalt

• http://www.dcwaterjet.com
« Reply #404 on: August 16, 2012, 09:44:02 PM »
Go PorkPie :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Gary Cole     DCWATERJET Z