Author Topic: Official Speed Week 2012 photo/news thread  (Read 438142 times)

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
Re: Official Speed Week 2012 photo/news thread
« Reply #225 on: August 13, 2012, 09:14:09 PM »
Man!  You guys are good!   :cheers:

I'm on the side of the road, hoping the wind that's come up in the last half-hour will die down enough to allow me to get to my campsite without choking on the dust.

Ok.  Here are the "Fast Guys" (not the "original" ones) and the photos of the solved puzzles:

Maguromic/Tony gets the point for the 302 Jimmy in the Deuce,

saltracer2/Phil nailed the Stude pickup and

trimmers got the turbine in the T2 liner.

Ohhh...and welcome, Beth.  Hope ya get to make it out here soon!

Offline Betheileen9

• New folks
  • the old Honda Tail
« Reply #226 on: August 13, 2012, 09:24:55 PM »
Thanks sweetie we will be out there next rear for sure But Larry & Bill & Laura may be out there this year to watch and have fun, you guys are the greatest  :-o Hey Larry asked me to ask if Carlos from the UK is still out there?
Beth :cheers:
Beth Huff =o)

Offline mc1984ss

« Reply #227 on: August 13, 2012, 09:37:03 PM »
I know I read it somewhere but I cant remember what engine Jason Line is running in Wayne Jesels pickup. Anyone know? Thanks in advance!

Offline trimmers

• Jeff in Boise
« Reply #228 on: August 13, 2012, 09:40:38 PM »
Saturday down runs are up on the SCTA website!
------------- 1 of just 3 in all 3  -------------
USFRA 130 MPH Club 09/18/2008 136.757
USFRA 150 MPH Club 09/17/2009 152.162
Bonneville 200 MPH Club 09/15/2019 218.600
Best Run: 253.080 MPH 09/14/2019 #6556

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #229 on: August 13, 2012, 09:57:18 PM »
I have to reference last year's entry list because this year's entry list did not

have vehicle numbers. I know we're all starving for info and trying to be patient.

The car/bike numbers have been added to the pre entry list available on the SCTA-BNI homepage.

Thanks SCTA-BNI!

Ed

Offline zzcruzin

« Reply #230 on: August 13, 2012, 10:02:29 PM »
Good work Ray. Keep it up, Mark, Santy Clause

Offline SteveM

« Reply #231 on: August 13, 2012, 10:23:45 PM »
With the photos and the live audio, this is the next best thing to being there.

Steve.
1/2 of the Rampage Brothers

Offline rgn

« Reply #232 on: August 13, 2012, 10:38:22 PM »
Thanks very much to all involved in keeping the forum up to date with Bonneville.  I might wander over for a look in person next year :cheers:

Offline saltwheels262

• LTA 7/2013
« Reply #233 on: August 13, 2012, 10:51:31 PM »

rtr- everyone ( mostly ) is reading your posts and looking at those fantastic pictures you're putting up. you must have a lot better camera than last year. or you're a better photographer.

for those who haven't been to the salt; they may not realize the site.-- .75 ( ? ) miles wide by 10 miles long(?).  what about posting this, posting that, posting car numbers, posting mph. hey, go say hi! to this guy , go find this car--- .  20 (?) years ago you'd be waiting for weeks 4 results and this and that.

those people that are working the event are going  14 hours a day. or more. that is not as easy as it looks or sounds. it is an adventure, a lifestyle if you like and a lot of fun and a lot of work.

I'll take what's posted ; unless it's a life changing situation.

thank you ray and sss and to all the other vols.

bub '07 - 140.293 a/pg   120" crate street mill  
bub '10 - 158.100  sweetooth gear
lta  7/11 -163.389  7/17/11; 3 run avg.-162.450
ohio -    - 185.076 w/#684      
lta 8/14  - 169.xxx. w/sw2           
'16 -- 0 runs ; 0 events

" it's not as easy as it looks. "
                            - franey  8/2007

Offline doug

« Reply #234 on: August 13, 2012, 11:04:32 PM »
I have to reference last year's entry list because this year's entry list did not

have vehicle numbers. I know we're all starving for info and trying to be patient.

With all due respect, doug, RTFM.  http://www.landracing.com/forum/index.php/topic,11651.195.html

If you read that post I made, you'll see that I gave you the information that it was the "Costella, Yacoucci & Waters E/GS running a 260" Chevy smallblock".  I take the time to look these things up in the program in an effort to provide you and everyone else as much info as I can.  There's a limited amount of time I can spend doing the footwork, trying to keep my cameras (and myself) from succumbing to the heat, editing the photos on a laptop in the front seat of my Burb and then uploading them to the LR forum via my cell phone.  And even though you didn't ask, I'll tell you that the cost of all this comes out of my own pocket.  Yes, I get some of the donations that are made to landracing.com, but mainly I do it because I want to.  Right now, I'm sitting near the Bend in the Road because I can get cell connectivity there.  It's 95F and it feels like 50 percent humidity.  It's probably not quite that high, but being a desert Rat, I'm used to much lower numbers.  And there's a dog that someone has left in their trailer that's barkin his fool head off right by my left ear and as soon as I post this I'm gonna split. 

So if you think you're trying to be patient, put yerself in my seat.  Yeah, I love being here, but it's also a lotta work that requires a lotta patience.

Now.  To let ya know that I'm not angry, but just tired and hungry, here's another shot of the liner as it was being pushed off to the side of the course when it wouldn't run.

Okay, first of all, I had to look up what RTFM means.  I think you are completely lost on my comment.  It was in response to Joe's comment,

"thanks Doug it helps alot,

havent had chance to listen to radio, and dont have time yet to try to correlate
the speeds and vehicle numbers posted from this am returns to  what kind of vehicle
ran them, bike,car truck etc from the pre-entry list...

in time they will appear on scta site at least .."

I am 1500 miles away listening to the broadcast and have had time to post some of the speeds today.  If I don't hear the description and all I get is a number, I have to chase after the info, because unless someone knows all of the vehicle numbers, the speeds are meaningless.  Hence, not being able to use the pre-entry list to do a lookup of said info.  I thought it would be cool to add the link of a pic as well so others can make more sense of the info.  Also, the links might take others to sites where they can continue to feed their salt addiction.
I think everyone is a little impatient (not p*ssed) that we have not gotten run info.  The impatience is not directed at you or anyone else.  We are creatures of habit, and for the last few years the SCTA has posted the runs the next day.  I know myself, I have been "jonesin" for the run logs.
So sorry if you got wadded up and sorry you wasted time typing your response( btw Tapatalk is a great thing).  Myself and everyone else EXTREMELY appreciate any bit of info that we receive from you (the pic you took of the 411 bouncing through the pits at the Shootout was my desktop background for 2 years) or anyone else.  Oh and I would trade places with you in a second.
Now back to the GREATEST week of the year wishing I was there!

Offline joea

« Reply #235 on: August 13, 2012, 11:33:00 PM »
well said Mr. Doug...!!!

yes we are all spoiled brats...trying to piece things together...in this internet computer era
its tough to have to wait for anything...:)..

it used to be that there was reporting and commentary from the salt with highlights and speeds and such and that
luxury just cant be there all the time like we want it...for various reasons....those of us who
didnt make the trek just have to suck it up.....

the pics are great....what i enjoy more is the skinny....the speeds...and who did them...the pics often speak volumes
so mucho grateful for those...!!!

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #236 on: August 13, 2012, 11:40:24 PM »
Doug:

On the scta home page, toward the bottom, is the line: 2012 Total Pre-entries = 512 (342 Cars & 170 Bikes) View .  Click on 'view' and you get a .pdf of all of the pre-entries with numbers (in order).

:cheers:

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #237 on: August 13, 2012, 11:45:06 PM »
Mike, you beat me to it -

http://scta-bni.org/Bonneville/SpeedWeek%202012/Web_pre-entries.pdf

It's not complete, and somewhere on the landracing site, I did pick up a sortable version that works on excel, which I've referenced and added to over the last few days.  If anyone can remember the link, please post it - I've found the download invaluable.

Chris
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline doug

« Reply #238 on: August 13, 2012, 11:47:22 PM »
Doug:

On the scta home page, toward the bottom, is the line: 2012 Total Pre-entries = 512 (342 Cars & 170 Bikes) View .  Click on 'view' and you get a .pdf of all of the pre-entries with numbers (in order).

:cheers:

Mike
Thanks, I was using the first one that was posted.  Although wihile hunting through Google I found few few new sites to check out

Offline doug

« Reply #239 on: August 13, 2012, 11:50:32 PM »
Mike, you beat me to it -

http://scta-bni.org/Bonneville/SpeedWeek%202012/Web_pre-entries.pdf

It's not complete, and somewhere on the landracing site, I did pick up a sortable version that works on excel, which I've referenced and added to over the last few days.  If anyone can remember the link, please post it - I've found the download invaluable.

Chris

I created that spreadsheet.  I will see if I can remember how to do a vlookup and post a new list.  My post of the doc is in the 2012 pre-entry thread started by Leadfoot.