Author Topic: Official Speed Week 2012 photo/news thread  (Read 438130 times)

Offline Moxnix

• Zufrieden mit Mir.
    • Speed Bumps on the Road to Perdition
Re: Official Speed Week 2012 photo/news thread
« Reply #180 on: August 13, 2012, 12:43:18 PM »
Small motor!
Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
http://speedbumpsontheroadtoperdition.wordpress.com/

Offline Brian

• New folks
« Reply #181 on: August 13, 2012, 12:50:54 PM »
Any word on Varni's 909 streamliner? I wasn't able to make it up this year so I am curious how they are doing.

Offline vette#128

« Reply #182 on: August 13, 2012, 01:11:00 PM »
Dang, Slim!! Nice job of blow-by-blow commentary on the return runs!! I have a hard time walking and chewing gum, so listening to the speeds on multi-courses and posting them at the same time must be a hell of a juggling act!!
Ed
Ed Van Scoy
Four Deuces
(Salt,Dirt & Pavement)

Offline Harold Bettes

• Firebase High Country
« Reply #183 on: August 13, 2012, 01:31:08 PM »
Slim and The Rat and Cast of Many,

Thanks for all the efforts! Best of healing process to Nancy. Broken shoulder supports and ribs are not any fun at all.

Sitting here writing and listening to live audio and scanning your coverage.....Nice.

Best to All,
Stay Safe.
HB2
If it was easy, everybody would be doing it.

As iron sharpens iron, one man sharpens another.

Offline firemanjim

« Reply #184 on: August 13, 2012, 01:38:48 PM »
Any word on Jack Broomall's return run on his Kawi??
Bonneville 2001,2002,2003,2004,and NO stinking 2005,DLRA 2006, next?
Well,sure can't complain about 2008--6 records over 200 and 5 hats from Bonneville,Bubs, and El Mirage for the team!

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #185 on: August 13, 2012, 01:39:56 PM »
As much as an accomplishment of the 427 run by Poteet and Main was and is, I believe that's what many in LSR have been accepting as the "norm" for them. They have been putting up great numbers in the past and it seems that many are waiting for what part they are going to break next instead of the accomplishment. I hope they continue to go faster and faster with every engine they choose. More power to them and their whole team..........JD
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline Brian

• New folks
« Reply #186 on: August 13, 2012, 01:47:02 PM »
BTW

Best to Nancy as well.

BTDT with the ribs from a MC mishap. Sleeping in a chair because it was too painful to lie down and eating Tylenol with codine like M&M's. She won't be a happy camper for a few weeks.

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #187 on: August 13, 2012, 01:56:07 PM »
SSS and Nancy,

Sorry I missed you guys. Nancy I hope you have a speedy recovery. Make Jon do everything so you get better, faster! :)

Jon, Ray and Monix, thanks for everything.

I was sitting next to a guy in the Cafe' and he said after many years of coming to Bonneville, he said "because it makes NO sense to come here ... It makes perfect sense to come here!" So I leave with some Cafe' wisdom.

As far as Speed Demon's 427 record, he gives us D motor guys hope! :)

On my way back to reality.

Bill
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline joea

« Reply #188 on: August 13, 2012, 01:58:06 PM »
Jimmy...thanks for sharing that....hot rodders are hot rodders......!!!!

and even folks who have been on the salt 30 40 50 plus years appreciate

even those folks cant cant coun on  much more than  half the fingers of one hand runs
they have seen that fast.....and  no one that consistently over 400....

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #189 on: August 13, 2012, 02:06:14 PM »
Jack Broomall put it into impound yesterday with a 206 on Nancy's old 201.913 record.  He did that on course #3 - short only.  This morning he ran a 203 to back up the record, but the 205 minimum is still out there for Nancy's hat.  Jack got his hat last year. 

I was in impound with Jack and Don and they were trying to draw gas for the return run fuel check.  having troubles getting it out -- that's when i walked away.  They didn't need the stress of a visitor right then when things weren't going quite right.

I posted during the Speed Demon run that it was a qualifier.  I am now corrected -- it was a return run, and it was on the D motor.  Maybe it's the new 7-speed trans, maybe it's just things coming together better and better all the time.  Congratulations to all that made it back to impound this morning, and to all of those that are trying again today.  Is this fun - or what?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
« Reply #190 on: August 13, 2012, 02:10:14 PM »
As much as an accomplishment of the 427 run by Poteet and Main was and is, I believe that's what many in LSR have been accepting as the "norm" for them. They have been putting up great numbers in the past and it seems that many are waiting for what part they are going to break next instead of the accomplishment. I hope they continue to go faster and faster with every engine they choose. More power to them and their whole team..........JD

It's gonna make for a VERY interesting morning tomorrow.  I think I'll be at the starting line to shoot the pre-run prep and the launch.

It's interesting that they broke a motor and not a drivetrain component...I got my fingers crossed for 'em.

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #191 on: August 13, 2012, 02:15:43 PM »
83 guests and 33 users online at this time.  I wonder how many are listening to the broadcast?

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline triumphs forever

• New folks
« Reply #192 on: August 13, 2012, 02:32:47 PM »
Hi Salt dogs
Im a newbie
great photos and blog
how do i listen to the radio
keep your powder dry
terry

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
« Reply #193 on: August 13, 2012, 02:39:08 PM »
Hi Mike

Really neat stuff, do you have any more shots of the twin engine red & white roadster? or what ever it is.

The broad array of cars on the salt is just amazing, what a great place for the mind to go crazy !!

Like they say ' Run what ya Broung '

DND, Don

Here are 4 photos of the roadster which the owner calls a "1936 Buick Wildcat."  Two of the photos are from the Cache Valley Cruise-In (Logan, Ut), July 2010 and the other 2 are from the same event in 2011, which, incidentally, is the last time I'll shoot that event.  In addition to the abysmal lighting with variegated light under the trees, that show  has to be the world's epicenter for "rude."  I dunno what/why it is, but not only are there 12 trillion grimy-mitted brats running around unsupervised and unleashed, but their parents are no better.

Those last coupla years I used the desire to start using my camera/monopod as a mace/quarterstaff as an indicator that it was time to split, get a nice cold cream soda or Gatorade and head for home.  It seemed to be the best way to avoid handcuff rash on my wrists.   :roll:  I just don't like handcuffs.

Oh.  Lest I forget.  I've never met the roadster's owner/builder, but I've been told that he only has one arm.  His creation is outstanding.  It has a pair of 215 aluminum Buicks for power.  I guess you could call it a Buick V16.

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
« Reply #194 on: August 13, 2012, 02:43:31 PM »
Hi Salt dogs
Im a newbie
great photos and blog
how do i listen to the radio
keep your powder dry
terry

Hi Terry.  Welcome.  Go back thru the posts in this thread and look for a link to http://www.meridix.com/ (with the specific address appended) to find the streaming audio link.

Enjoy,