Author Topic: 100cc classic production build  (Read 42365 times)

Offline Doc B.

• Bottlehead Corp.
Re: 100cc classic production build
« Reply #165 on: February 01, 2022, 01:39:54 PM »
Drew is saying that it's only against the rules if you get caught. If you are the only bike running in a class there probably won't be much protest if the mod is not obvious. But if the scrutineer spots it in impound after you record and determines it's not legal you have a problem. My teammate was put into a state of anxiety in scrutineering last year because the scrutineers were somewhat split on how to measure the maximum height that a seat hump may be above the rider's butt on the seat in Modified. This anxiety was over about 1/8" of height. In the end they determined it was legal. I remember one year when Hiro Koiso had to chop about 1/4" of the end of his rear fairing to be legal overall length.

It pretty much boils down to whether you think you have a chance of setting a record and how much the mods might help. If you need 5 more hp to get a record and smoothing your inlet tract might be illegal but gets you 1 hp it may not be worth the effort if you can't find 4 more hp elsewhere.

Offline roflhat

« Reply #166 on: February 05, 2022, 04:44:40 AM »
For all the difference the liquid metal makes I may as well just put it back to standard. Want to make sure the bike is legal, a long way to go to find it isn't!

Offline scottiniowa

• New folks
« Reply #167 on: August 05, 2022, 12:24:48 PM »
ROFLHAT - are planning on bringing this bike to BMST this year?  I'd like to catch up with you to get some ideas for my upcoming build.  Thanks!

Offline roflhat

« Reply #168 on: October 03, 2022, 11:40:29 AM »
Sorry haven't been on for a while!

No fortunately I cancelled plans to come over this year, 2023 is the target