Author Topic: Beer for my overseas pals Rick,Goggles etc  (Read 8496 times)

Offline Tman

Beer for my overseas pals Rick,Goggles etc
« on: July 26, 2012, 11:20:23 PM »
Goggs, Bringing some of that awesome IPA as well as a Cream Ale and a killer Porter from the same brewery. All in BLM compliant cans! Rick and the Flower of Scotland guys are welcome as well, they will be in withdrawls by day 2 with the crappy Utah beer, his French guys may get something trappist monk from their borders, the Texans need TO BRING ME some SHINER! BigTim can have some as well since he originally came from across the pond, and I like him, and he is a tech inspector :-D The rest of you can stop by our camp or teh 416 pit and I will have a cold watery Keystone. Which ironically has 143% more alcohol than anything brewed in Utah! :evil: Monetary donations to the lakester will be considered for consumption of a more premium selection of hoppy wonderfullness. I will be easy to find, look for the guy in the large floopy straw hat with sunglasses and a white tshirt on :roll: :wink:

All fun, see many of you at the bend in two weeks!

Offline kiwi belly tank

Re: Beer for my overseas pals Rick,Goggles etc
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 12:18:09 AM »
Maybe we should start calling it Speed Month & just hang out for a few weeks. Seems like it takes for ever to get here & it's over in a phucking flash. :-D
  Sid.

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 12:24:02 AM »
Goggs, Bringing some of that awesome IPA as well as a Cream Ale and a killer Porter from the same brewery. All in BLM compliant cans! Rick and the Flower of Scotland guys are welcome as well, they will be in withdrawls by day 2 with the crappy Utah beer, his French guys may get something trappist monk from their borders, the Texans need TO BRING ME some SHINER! BigTim can have some as well since he originally came from across the pond, and I like him, and he is a tech inspector :-D The rest of you can stop by our camp or teh 416 pit and I will have a cold watery Keystone. Which ironically has 143% more alcohol than anything brewed in Utah! :evil: Monetary donations to the lakester will be considered for consumption of a more premium selection of hoppy wonderfullness. I will be easy to find, look for the guy in the large loopy straw hat with sunglasses and a white tshirt on :roll: :wink:

All fun, see many of you at the bend in two weeks!

add a pot and a grey beard and that description would be the perfect camouflage......

Can't wait Trent, I'll be there at the crack of dawn with a Margarita........and a shirt for your auction.

Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Online Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 12:34:58 AM »
T, Kansas is like living in a foreign country.... I might stop by for a tasty brew.... is the Firehouse still alive in RC, SD?  Had fairly good brew there last time I was in the state.
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Tman

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 01:45:54 AM »
T, Kansas is like living in a foreign country.... I might stop by for a tasty brew.... is the Firehouse still alive in RC, SD?  Had fairly good brew there last time I was in the state.

Firehouse fired Chris, a pathetic excuse for a brewmaster. Beer is still marginal. I owe you a few anyway, what style is yer poison? I will keep one for my flatland bretheren.

Offline Buzz Lightbeer

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2012, 01:49:07 AM »
I will be bringing some Bushmills Irish Racing elixir for our bikes :-D 

Online Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2012, 09:21:35 AM »
I will be bringing some Bushmills Irish Racing elixir for our bikes :-D 

Love their 10 year old single malt, have not tried the 18 yet, it is hard to find around here, saw a space for it in a Denver store.

T, they made good beer 15 or so years ago, I was there about a year after they opened.  In the summer I drink light dark beers, in the winter heavy dark beers..... Porters are among my favorites... do you have any that were aged in bourbon or brandy casks... I love craft beer week, it is the only week I drink a lot every day, you know, you want to taste them all, the 9-13% stuff is really good but kicks your ass. 
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Tman

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2012, 10:18:23 AM »
I'll have some Porter from the Crow Peak Brewery in Spearfish you can try Stainless one. Rapid City is going through a food revival. There are several VERY GOOD local eateries downtown. I suggest trying Murphys the next time you visit. A real chef and amazing food at bar prices. We go for happy hour and fill the table with 1/2 price appetizers and good beer. All we are missing is a new Microbrewery downtown. Myself and some HS pals have discussed it, I brew and Sh.thead actually has a 3 barrel system that is about 1/3 the size of what the Firehouse uses.

Offline ChrisLenahan

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2012, 11:11:50 AM »
T-Man,  If I was able to come this year I would do my best Smokey and the Bandit imitation and be Northwest and down with a load of the Spoetzl Brewery's finest.  Hopefully next year will be different story, I'll just need to get a bigger trailer.

Offline Tman

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2012, 11:22:37 AM »
T-Man,  If I was able to come this year I would do my best Smokey and the Bandit imitation and be Northwest and down with a load of the Spoetzl Brewery's finest.  Hopefully next year will be different story, I'll just need to get a bigger trailer.

Thankfully we can get Shiner up here now. Had a couple pints last night with some fried pickles at Wild Wings. For years my Texas pals would bring me a case or two to the HAMB drags!@

Offline ChrisLenahan

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2012, 12:27:55 PM »

"Thankfully we can get Shiner up here now. Had a couple pints last night with some fried pickles at Wild Wings. For years my Texas pals would bring me a case or two to the HAMB drags!@"

That's a good thing,  had my first Shiner Bock about 20 years ago and unless there is a craft beer I want to try it is always my choice.  I drive through Shiner every once in a while but haven't stopped at the brewery yet.  Our two hometown breweries are gone now (Lone Star and Pearl) and the beers are made somewhere else.

Offline pofg

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2012, 04:12:37 AM »
Tman! I'm tasting that IPA with a hint of Salt in the breeze right now... countdown is on... bag is packed (again)... you're a scholar and a Gentleman!
Rick
Grazing the Gravel Trap of Insanity.

#1133 Flower of Scotland.

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2012, 09:28:58 AM »
So - is anybody going to remain sobor enough to run a car?  :wink:

Whoops - correction -  Sober has an "e" in it.

But it didn't yesterday when I first posted it . . .
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 08:23:41 PM by Milwaukee Midget »
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline Moxnix

• Zufrieden mit Mir.
    • Speed Bumps on the Road to Perdition
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2012, 11:20:17 AM »
Three beer company executives are dining together after an industry conference.  Their waiter asks for their drinks and the first one says, "I'll take the Champagne of Bottle Beers," so the waiter writes down Miller High Life.  The second says, "I'll take the King of Beers," and the waiter writes down Budweiser.  "I'll have a cola," says the head of Guiness, "If you two are drinking soda pop, so am I."

Those needing a designated driver can call me.
Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
http://speedbumpsontheroadtoperdition.wordpress.com/

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2012, 11:30:01 AM »

So - is anybody going to remain sobor enough to run a car?  :wink:

Pretty good chance they'll all be pissed.
  Sid.