Author Topic: I'm Moving....  (Read 4820 times)

Offline geh458

I'm Moving....
« on: July 25, 2012, 04:34:04 PM »
I don't know many of you expect for here on the board, but hope to meet you if and when I ever get my LSR program started.  I have a vision of a dragster style Lakester with anywhere from "H" to "AA" for power.  And as you will soon read, I will soon have a place in which to build such a project.  As some of you know, I retired at the end of this past April. I've spent the time going through all my crap deciding what to keep and what to throw away. I've also been contemplating a move to somewhere other than SoCal. I was thinking about the Pacific Northwest and the Southwest, as I have friends and family in both areas. Well, 3 weeks ago I hauled the race car trailer loaded with things that can handle the heat over to New Mexico. Then I started looking for a house and found a really nice place about 1/2 a mile from my mothers place in Los Lunas (~20 miles south of Albuquerque). We are scheduled to close by the end of August. Some of the basics are: 1 acre (about half in grass, I think there's a riding mower in my future), 2000 sq ft, 4 bdrm, 2 bath, and those of you that are racing folks can start drooling now, there's a 40x30 shop in the back.

I'm presently back in California to finish packing and to take care of a few things, but will be leaving for good by August 22, 2012.

Here are pictures of the new place:

Gifford Hawn

Vintage Sports Car Racer looking to convert.......

Offline Geo

Re: I'm Moving....
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 04:56:19 PM »
Beautiful shop!  Looks like a nice covered engine test area with safety fencing.  :cheers:

If I move it's to a place with a big building out back!

Geo

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 05:09:22 PM »
You're gonna love it. 6 years ago I moved from around Pasadena to Utah and bought a 2400 square foot schoolhouse on 1/2 acre and put up a 40X40 shop. It has worked out perfectly. 240 miles from Bonneville and 500 from El Mirage. I love Northern New Mexico and considered it too. Bring me some chili when you come to Bonneville.  :-D Wayno

Offline dw230

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 06:11:13 PM »
I guess you will be a green chile guy now. Wayno being in close quarters to New Mexico rather than in New Mexico cannot be allowed to have any chiles.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline GH

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 09:34:18 AM »
Jeff Brock lives up north of Santa Fe in some little place I can't pronounce or spell.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 09:56:18 AM »
Congratulations  what a great find---already has a shop!!!   :cheers:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 10:04:03 AM »
GH

Congrats, looks like a great place. I am jealous. I live in a gated community where the people bit@$ if I start a dirt bike up in my garage.

Bill
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2012, 12:30:47 AM »
Bill that is your choice---so far in the USA we can still vote with our FEET---maybe not for long though  :cheers:  :cheers: :cheers:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Tman

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2012, 11:27:46 AM »
Congrats on the escape! Here is a place I order chilis from

http://www.chimayotogo.com/

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2012, 11:01:10 AM »
Sparky:

If not for my wife I would have vacated a long time ago. But staying here and renting a shop is cheaper than the big D. But when your shop is a drive away you don't get nearly as much done as when it is right behind the house.

Bill
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline geh458

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2012, 05:06:32 PM »
Hi Everybody,

I got to the Albuquerque area late last Friday (Aug 24th) after a 2.5 day trip that should have only taken about 16 hours. I left Oxnard at about 2PM last Wednesday and stopped in Needle for the night. Thursday started out ok but got worse. As I pulled into the rest area about 20 miles west of Winslow, AZ, a fellow came up to me as I walked to the restroom, and asked me if I knew that the right rear wheel on the uHaul trailer I had was wobbling as I went past him, and I said no, and went to check it and sure enough it was loose, and it wasn't the lug nuts. Turned out to be the wheel bearings had failed. Well, I waited just over 5 hours for a tow truck to come to carry the trailer to the closest uHaul place, which was another hour east in Holbrook. When we got there they transfered my stuff into another trailer. But by then it was almost 6PM so I got a room and stayed the night. Then about mid morning, I headed toward Albuquerque and only drove about 60mph just in case this trailer decided to fail as well.

The moral of this story, is that if I ever move again and I start to do it myself, I want all of you to knock upside my head and tell me to hire a moving company to move my stuff.
Gifford Hawn

Vintage Sports Car Racer looking to convert.......

Online jimmy six

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2012, 12:19:31 AM »
When you get settled in look up "Little John" Harvey old LSR guy and fantastic car painter...Moved to Los Lunas about 10 years ago. Good friend of  Mike Cook too.....Love your new digs......................JD
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro