Author Topic: LSR in South Africa?  (Read 6375 times)

Offline RichFox

Re: LSR in South Africa?
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2012, 12:27:20 PM »
South African Studes would be right hand drive.

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2012, 12:36:22 PM »
At the Current exchange rate (SA Rand to US Dollar)  that full weekend of racing would be about $600

Great value,,,

Down side is getting you and your car shipped, push/recovery truck. crew and OH yeah the Somalia Pirates !!!

Who is going ?

Sorta like El Mirage...with lions?
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline landsendlynda

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2012, 01:58:23 PM »
Snakes!!!  Don't forget the SNAKES!!! and Scorpions!!! and poisonous spiders!!!! and......   :-o   :-o

Lynda
Volunteer roadblock at Land's End! Yes, you need your stinkin badge! I'm your Dream Keeper, I protect your dream on the asphalt so you can chase your dream on the salt!

Offline Jon

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2012, 02:32:09 PM »
If it's were Bloohound is going to run it's dirt, they (bloodhound project) have moved about 6,000 tone of small rocks by hand to clear their intended track.

http://www.bloodhoundssc.com/news/richard_nobles_diary/june_2012.cfm

Guessing that's what can be seen in the map.

With not much rain to worry them they would be scheduling it for the most comfortable temperatures I guess.

Cheers
jon

Underhouse Engineering
Luck = Opportunity + Preparation^3

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2012, 04:46:03 PM »
  Jon, you have to remember that the average Brit has nothing better to do than pick up "pebbles" while their beer warms up to room temperature.
  Most of them spend their time throwing darts or eating Kidney Pie, and other than Ironing their flags for the Queen's next celebration (Royal Crocheteing Championships I believe is next), their biggest worry is that the average Canadian might be watching a rerun of the Classic Movie: Canadian Bacon" and banning Candy Stripers from active duty in Hospitals across the path of the Canadian Railway.
  Other than that, it's all about sealing out water from their cars leaking seals, drying out the typical Lucas electrics, and plotting a future war against Germany for "stealing the Rolls Royce and Bentley from the "Tea and Crumpet" crowd.
  That being said, I still salute Richard Noble and Andy Green for what they accomplished.
  No matter how many millions private British industryry kicked in, by God they did it, and for that I salute them.............. better than the Chineese getting to the SOS first.
                                   As clairvoient as ever, One Run.................out.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 04:48:25 PM by Bob Drury »
Bob Drury

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2012, 07:41:57 PM »
Jeez ya gotta give it to young Bob here, don't cha. Once he gets the choke pushed back in, he's a real runner!!  :cheers:
  Sid.

Offline rgn

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2012, 07:57:40 PM »
Snakes!!!  Don't forget the SNAKES!!! and Scorpions!!! and poisonous spiders!!!! and......   :-o   :-o

Lynda

Sounds just like home!

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2012, 08:14:28 PM »
"...better than the Chineese getting to the SOS first."

Our Army mess hall used to serve that, Bob.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2012, 05:40:36 PM »
  Doc, I may be soft, but I would rather sleep near your Aboriginie's, and risk being stepped on by a Emu than be taken hostage by a bunch of loony Somalians and their pet Lions.
                                              Bob  :-o :-o
Good one. Somalis are from way north of here and they have a healthy fear of South Africans and Lions. I haven't read all of the posts but someone has a website claiming to be the official salt racing association but we can't get hold of them. I'd take their claims with a pinch of "salt". I'm the only one in the country building a car and there is nothing here but a track. Richard Noble was here and appeared on TV promoting his new car but all they showed were computer generated stuff. The last guy that attempted  a run in a jet car over here was unfortunately killed at Verneukpan.