Author Topic: 2012 Maine Event  (Read 9833 times)

Offline marksoto

• New folks
2012 Maine Event
« on: July 16, 2012, 03:43:38 PM »
Tim and I would like to thank all volunteers .….we could not do this without your help.  Thank you very much for making this July’s Maine Event another success!!!!   :cheers:

Mark Sotomayor
LTA, President

Offline half-fast

Re: 2012 Maine Event
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 09:59:05 PM »
I feel compelled to jump in here. A special shout out to the Fairway Motorsports gang, Paul at the start, and Marvin who kept the prestaging under control. With out Tom and Joe running staging, and Paul's expertise on the starting line, and all of the other contributions made by the same, the venue would not be what it was. Truth be told at the time, wished that Friday was more on the stick and beat the rain by more runs, but by 1p on Sunday all was good as there was no wait and free track. Paul next time we will continue the tradition, Joe and Tom, thanks once again, and the A7 was a hoot! Lastly, but not the least for the time slip vols thanks for keeping the classes right and all your time!:cheers:

Offline blackslax

• Loring Timing Association
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 09:02:22 AM »
Here to Start.

First and most importantly - The Daly Boys.  We could not run the event without them. (mainly because they bring the radio) :-D in addition to everything else.

Second - all of our volunteers:
              Start - Paul - who has started every car we have ever run at the Maine Event for 4 years and gets the number right after 9 hours in the sun.
                        Marvin - who organized pre-stage and did a great job.  So yo uall know, Marvin is actually one of our sponsors, but we worked the snot out if him anyway.

Timing - Frank John and George Hartford who picked up on timing so well that I actually left them to run thing for the first time ever.  i believe the entire weekend
                           had one bad time from a hornet tripping an eye and one missed time.
                           Chuck Lyons, Todd Richards, and Judy Hartford for assisting with the run logs.

Tech - Joe, Steve, and Frank as our tech directors have organized their teams so well that I don't even know who they are.  Thanks to all of you.  Tech ran the
                         smoothest ever. (if you don't believe me, go to Eva Hakkenson's webite  www.evahakansson.se)

Track - Scott, Todd, Doug and Teresa for taking the short course away from race control and doing a great job of it on their own.  they really sped things up.

Stewards - Jack Wagman at long shutdown all weekend in the sun and "the mid course couple" whos name escapes me because I kept calling them "the mid
                               course couple."
              Timing Slips - The crew that kept it all orderly with hundreds of slips and records to certify. (sorry about the names)

Rescue - the Limestone Fire Department for keeping us all safe and running short shutdown to free up a body.

This is the crew that has brought the Maine Event to what is likely an LSR all time low run to complaint ratio.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 09:20:31 AM by blackslax »
Tim Kelly
Race Director - LTA
www.loringtiming.com
People dont see the world the way things are, They see the world the way they are.

Offline Thomas_Cronan

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 10:26:20 AM »
the DAS team would like to thank all the lta staff for a great meet! we look forward to next month and going faster!
Thomas
ECTA 200MPH CLUB@215.4MPH ALL MOTOR
LTA 200MPH CLUB@236.9 TURBO
250MPH CLUB MEMBER

Offline blackslax

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 08:14:40 AM »
Here to Start.

First and most importantly - The Daly Boys.  We could not run the event without them. (mainly because they bring the radio) :-D in addition to everything else.

Second - all of our volunteers:
              Start - Paul - who has started every car we have ever run at the Maine Event for 4 years and gets the number right after 9 hours in the sun.
                        Marvin - who organized pre-stage and did a great job.  So yo uall know, Marvin is actually one of our sponsors, but we worked the snot out if him anyway.

Timing - Frank John and George Hartford who picked up on timing so well that I actually left them to run thing for the first time ever.  i believe the entire weekend
                           had one bad time from a hornet tripping an eye and one missed time.
                           Chuck Lyons, Todd Richards, and Judy Hartford for assisting with the run logs.

Tech - Joe, Steve, and Frank as our tech directors have organized their teams so well that I don't even know who they are.  Thanks to all of you.  Tech ran the
                         smoothest ever. (if you don't believe me, go to Eva Hakkenson's webite  www.evahakansson.se)

Track - Scott, Todd, Doug and Teresa for taking the short course away from race control and doing a great job of it on their own.  they really sped things up.

Stewards - Jack Wagman at long shutdown all weekend in the sun and "the mid course couple" whos name escapes me because I kept calling them "the mid
                               course couple."
              Timing Slips - The crew that kept it all orderly with hundreds of slips and records to certify. (sorry about the names)

Rescue - the Limestone Fire Department for keeping us all safe and running short shutdown to free up a body.

This is the crew that has brought the Maine Event to what is likely an LSR all time low run to complaint ratio.

The bike tech crew consisted of:

Frank John, Greg Neal, Brenda Sue Carver, Jennifer Robertson, Lloyd Frink, Fred Vance, Tom Bouchard, Phil Campbell.
Tim Kelly
Race Director - LTA
www.loringtiming.com
People dont see the world the way things are, They see the world the way they are.

Offline roadracer

• TLN Motorsports/KWS/Brock's/DCW/Vortex/WWB
    • TLN Motorsports
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 07:03:23 AM »
We at TLN Motorsports want to thank the LTA and all the volunteers that made the event possible.  It was something else.  You all outlasted the competitors and made our success possible.  15 LTA records, 208 in the 1.5 mile, 203 on the mile for the ZX-10R.  That's faster than it has ever been.  Again thank you all for making it happen.
2006 Kawasaki ZX-6rr (Worlds Fastest standing mile and 1.5 mile)
2008 Kawasaki ZX-10R (4 200 MPH Clubs)
2008 Kawasaki EX-250R (Multiple ECTA and LTA records)
131 Land Speed Records set since 2008
125 Land Speed Racing records (including 3 Worlds Fastest Speeds) set since 2008.

Offline blackslax

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2012, 11:22:17 AM »
No Greg,
Thank you guys and hope to see you in September.
Tim Kelly
Race Director - LTA
www.loringtiming.com

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2012, 06:50:41 PM »
Might be time for valve springs and rings ... think you about wore out 2 motors.

Joe

Offline roadracer

• TLN Motorsports/KWS/Brock's/DCW/Vortex/WWB
    • TLN Motorsports
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2012, 06:33:01 AM »
Joe, I definately wore one of them out when it went boom.  Fingers crossed on finishing the year with the other.  It came off the dyno Wednesday as we needed to tune on it with the Brock's exhaust we added at Maine.  207 hp.  The previous exhaust on the bike only made 203.2 on it's best pull.  I was amazed. 

Joe, thank you and the crew for everything.  The starting line procedure was sweet.  The ability to get out of the sun, to walk away from the vehicle because you knew your line wasn't going to move for a while is simply huge to us racers.  It allowed me to do gearing changes in line and not have to move every few minutes.  All I can say is Great Job!!!

Wish you all the best on the salt and looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Tim, no comittment yet.  One really hurt bike has put a big dent in the cash flow.  I'd love to be there in September though.  Nice job by all who worked so hard.
2006 Kawasaki ZX-6rr (Worlds Fastest standing mile and 1.5 mile)
2008 Kawasaki ZX-10R (4 200 MPH Clubs)
2008 Kawasaki EX-250R (Multiple ECTA and LTA records)
131 Land Speed Records set since 2008
125 Land Speed Racing records (including 3 Worlds Fastest Speeds) set since 2008.

Offline jperewitz

• New folks
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2012, 02:44:55 PM »
Thank you to everyone that worked at the race!!! Myself and my team always have a GREAT time (even though we had fuel issues!) and we look forward to the next... unfortunately it probably won't be till July 2013 because we are heading to the salt!! Thanks again guys from my whole Team J'Witz crew!!!
Fastest woman on American V-Twin - 203.111mph on Bonneville Salt Flats

Offline dw230

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2012, 02:52:35 PM »
That Fred guy who is a biker sure gets around.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Jessechop

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2012, 05:17:12 PM »
Thank you to everyone that worked at the race!!! Myself and my team always have a GREAT time (even though we had fuel issues!) and we look forward to the next... unfortunately it probably won't be till July 2013 because we are heading to the salt!! Thanks again guys from my whole Team J'Witz crew!!!

This makes me sad  :-( You guys will be missed for sure

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2012, 02:01:29 PM »
We have traveled a bit this year. The Loring trip, with wife and puppies, was only 6000 miles!! :-D WOS is next. :cheers:
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline Koncretekid

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2012, 07:12:45 PM »
Thanks to everyone for a great weekend of racing.  I thoroughly enjoyed helping out with tech and I will be back for next years Maine Event, unfortunately not for the September event as I will be trying to repeat my speed at BUB.  Hopefully without the broken parts.
Tom
We get too soon oldt, and too late schmart!
Life's uncertain - eat dessert first!

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2012, 09:30:52 PM »
Tom,
It was great to have you as part of the best Motorcycle tech inspection ever.  We had all experienced serious racers working the tech line with years of experience.   Every competitor appreciated the level of inspection and attention to safety detail.  Great job.

Joe