Author Topic: Correct cotter-key installation?  (Read 11279 times)

Offline Buickguy3

Re: Correct cotter-key installation?
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2012, 10:00:05 PM »
  Where do you find wire hangers any more? Joan Crawford won't like you if you use them. "No wire hangers!".
   Doug  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I keep going faster and faster and I don't know why. All I have to do is live and die.
                   [America]

Offline Tman

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2012, 10:35:06 PM »
20 years? Trent, you rookie.

Joanie and I are spending this weekend in the Tri Valley area of Livermore, CA. Feels like we have drunk barrels of wine, which expains the $300 dinner tab last night.

Oh - 29 years BTW

DW

Yes but I am only 42!~ And I have had a few of those tabs! :-o

Offline Saltfever

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2012, 12:51:14 AM »
Well . . whats a little "thread-drift" among friends!  :evil:

Neil gets my vote. Its great for gas welding, but I haven't tried it in the MIG yet  :-D

Offline bearingburner

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2012, 12:17:52 PM »
No mention of nails. A lot of hay got bailed, corn cut and manure spread with the help of a nail in a castle nut.

Offline Turbofan

• New folks
  • Martin
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2012, 11:58:33 AM »
I once had the privilege of riding around the dunes in Pismo beach in a "Dune Buggy" (water pumper) pre-VW buggy days.  The roll cage was all welded with Oxy-Acetylene and coat hangers.  It seemed perfectly acceptable to me that the guys had to re-weld parts of the cage every night right in the camp ground.  (My standards were a little lower in the 60's).

That water pumper was a '56 Ford station wagon with the motor set back to allow a one foot drive shaft, "dual" wheels made by welding one wheel with no center onto a second wheel, both split and welded over a section of pipe to make them twice as wide, allowing the side walls to contribute to the sand traction.  Oddly the roll cage seemed to be the only part that failed on a regular basis.  Probably had run out of "clean" coat hangers and started using the painted ones!

It would seem my Fathers refusal to allow me access to a motorcycle did not significant reduce my exposure to risk.
"Live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this than some people do in a lifetime"... and on a bike as slow as mine, the mile does seem to take 5 minutes!