Author Topic: Quaker Steak & Lube wants your LSR  (Read 2591 times)

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
Quaker Steak & Lube wants your LSR
« on: July 11, 2012, 05:17:48 PM »
For those of you not familiar with Quaker Steak & Lube they hang all kinds of racing Subaru, cars & bikes on the walls and from the ceiling in their restaurants. They have lots of hot rod & motorcycle drive-ins and parking lot shows!  :cheers:

Take a tour here: http://thelube.com/franchise_development/building_designs.php  :-o

I visited a local QS&L a couple of years ago and made the comment to the staff that they didn't have any LSR hanging from the rafters! Next thing I know the CFO is asking me about LSR. He agreed that needed to be corrected in the future! Well the future is now!  :lol:

They are building a new restaurant in Florence, KY and are looking for some LSR history to display. I have a lunch meeting with the CFO on Friday the 13th (:evil:) to get the ball rolling! I don't know all the particulars so start telling me what you might have and asking 20 questions!

This is your chance to get LSR some national attention! PM me or Design_Dreams.cinci.rr.com  :cheers:
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline redhotracing

Re: Quaker Steak & Lube wants your LSR
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 06:39:06 PM »
I've got a bent and splayed forged H-beam rod from a blow-up at Loring,
also a custom coolant overflow tank we're not using anymore; may look
good on a wall next to a picture...
Luke- Winston Salem, NC
Loring 2 Club- 201.252 (2010)
Ohio 2 Club- 203.712 (2013)

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 08:27:25 AM »
As mentioned earlier I have had a meeting with Don Lee, CFO of Quaker Steak & Lube about putting some LSR items and/or cars in the new facility in Florence, KY. [Another one planned very soon in Cincinnati!] Now I know everyone is busy getting ready for the salt next month or two so we'll make it short. Let us know if you are even interested! A quick picture, yes, no or maybe for now and I will try to follow up in person at Speed Week and maybe at World of Speed, too! We will need some items ASAP [end of September] to get in this next facility.

See some pixs of the layout here: https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=woodyddllc&target=ALBUM&id=5765820120782390881&authkey=Gv1sRgCMbowMuoi_reyQE&invite=COnS7NUL&feat=email

Of course donations will be accepted but Don is even willing to talk about purchasing your vehicle or setting up a loaner/lease. With the loaner/lease you can get it back in 3~5 years and it is insured. With the vehicle no fluids and a dummy engine will suffice so you can recycle the hi-$$$ hot rod bits. There are two spots in the lobby where a long skinny liner could be parked on the wall near the ceiling. Or maybe an old lakester, roadster or whatever else pops up! And of course some photos and history to be placed nearby to explain who/what is being displayed.

Also talking about a area of photos and smaller tidbits to give some history of LSR to the patrons.

You know you all have stuff that would be better seen than collecting rust & dust so ante up!  :cheers:
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline ski123

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 03:58:10 PM »
This is the kind of promotion NAE needs.  Like the resturant donates a dollar for every steak sold.  Then NAE will finaly have enough money to get that old red sled out of the hanger and on some dirt/playa/salt anything!  Corporate tie-ins are the way to go.  Marketing, marketing, marketing you need to spend money to make money!

Offline Tman

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 04:03:21 PM »
We are getting a QSL out here in Rapid City SD. Might be the fiorst and only chain I will be excited for.