Author Topic: 1989 Cadillac Brougham  (Read 1514 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
1989 Cadillac Brougham
« on: July 09, 2012, 12:00:05 PM »
That's pronounced "Brogue-ham", right?  Here it is, ladies and gentlemen.  I'll get a photo of it later and post it.  But whatever -- it's for sale.  If you've got some way to use it you might want to read further.

First thing to know is that we got it as an abandoned car in our mini storage business.  We now have clear "abandoned car" title from the Michigan State Police and Secretary of State.  No legal hassles for you if you want it.

Second -- we've got to get some money for it to replace the lost income - storing it for the dude for over a year with him not paying.  We started the process to get it declared abandoned about six months ago, and as you can well expect - the state moves in slow ways, so we didn't get the title 'til last Friday.

Also you need to know that while it runs fine and drives okay (I've moved it only inside the storage building but it didn't make any complaints when I drove it) - the right (passenger) side is pretty well bashed in.  Neither door will work, and the damage extends from in front of the front door to behind the rear door.  The damage includes a shorted "on" courtesy light switch - so the battery will go dead within a handful of hours or days when it's charged.  But charge it or jump it - and it starts and runs fine.

It's got the 5.0L motor.

Anyone interested?  I'll say it again -- I don't have an asking price, so don't ask "How much?".  You folks give me some hints so I know what you'd pay.  I don't know if you want to buy it to fix - or to use for the chassis/building block for a race car - or whatever. 

I'm going over to the storage buildings later today, will take photos, and will post 'em here.  It's dark maroon with dark red plush upholstery, and it's got a nice even coating of dust with a few splats of bird droppings as accent points.

Get in touch -- and don't be hesitant to post comments about it here on the Forum.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
Re: 1989 Cadillac Brougham
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 05:48:00 PM »
Just make sure if it sells here please remember to donate to the website owner, he can be a cantankerous old bastid...  :evil:  He is quite the wordsmith however..he iz a reel gud spelar azzwell  :cheers: