Author Topic: Ohio Mile in September Hot Rod Magazine  (Read 4937 times)

Offline geezer1

Ohio Mile in September Hot Rod Magazine
« on: July 07, 2012, 01:59:55 PM »
Great coverage - our own Garrell Patterson is the main man!! The Geezers would like to thank Dave Freiburger for including us. (Looking forward to next April, Reichen owes us one...!) Seriously, congratulations to Mike, Larry and Frank - they got it done!!

Our Best To You,

Geo Turner
Geezer Racing
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 02:02:05 PM by geezer1 »
Geezer Racing - (Turner/Herr/Mclellan/Acton/Pranger/Acton/Acton /McDonald/Hascall/Patul)
Trever is in at over 210!!!!!(17 yrs. old) Kyle is in at over 212!!!!! (16 yrs' old)
2 Wins in the Hot Rod Top Speed Challenge in Super Street 2014-2015
5 Different Geezer Drivers set records at Maxton, Loring, and Ohio
We also had the honor to have the fastest Innkeeper in Wilmington Ohio in the Geezer Express
Thank you ECTA and our great LSR Friends! Press On Regardless!!

Offline 1 fast evo 2

Re: Ohio Mile in September Hot Rod Magazine
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 06:03:02 PM »
"Owes you one" I already gave it to ya once.
Do ya want another?
I might have to come out of retirement for that,lol.

Mike Reichen
E.C.T.A. 200 MPH club
Winner HOTROD TOPSPEED CHALLENGE (superstreet) 2008
My EVO 2 - 8.96@158 mph in the 1/4
221.4 mph at Maxton sept. 08
223.6 mph at the Texas mile oct. 08
237.6 mph at Maxton april 2010

Offline geezer1

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 08:31:27 PM »
Do ya want another?

Mike Reichen

The Geezers hope that you do.....

Geo
Geezer Racing - (Turner/Herr/Mclellan/Acton/Pranger/Acton/Acton /McDonald/Hascall/Patul)
Trever is in at over 210!!!!!(17 yrs. old) Kyle is in at over 212!!!!! (16 yrs' old)
2 Wins in the Hot Rod Top Speed Challenge in Super Street 2014-2015
5 Different Geezer Drivers set records at Maxton, Loring, and Ohio
We also had the honor to have the fastest Innkeeper in Wilmington Ohio in the Geezer Express
Thank you ECTA and our great LSR Friends! Press On Regardless!!

Offline garrell patterson

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 09:36:16 PM »
I got my copy of HotRod today and I was flipping through it and saw the coverage of the April meet. My Grandson and Brother in law were standing near the starting line early on Sat. when we were in a delay starting and they saw photographers from HotRod, the local paper and others they didn't know taking pictures of my truck on the starting line. Even Al went to his car and got his camera and took my picture. I had secretly hoped they would use a picture of my truck in HotRod but it wasn't there then something caught my eye and I saw the mention of my being the first participant down the track and elsewhere in the article I think Keith is telling David about my having been in a wheelchair and was supposed to get any better, so that almost as good as my picture being in the magazine. I consider Hotrod to be the Bible of the hotrod industry and I have been reading it since I was ten years old.
There were some great pictures of a lot of you guys and it makes me miss the friends I made at Maxton and in April at Wilmington. So many of you offered advice on things I needed to do to my truck to increase it's speed. I was very saddened that one of us was killed in an accident at the track and I can only imagine the burden that was placed on Joe, Donna, Keith and Tonya and I prayed for the family of the deceased and all of you that were present that day and especially for those that are the heart and soul of the ECTA.
I knew I couldn't attend the July event because of the possibility of hot weather and because of my congestive heart desease and lung desease I have to avoid extremes in temperatures. I have had to stay in the house for three weeks now because it is 95 to 105 degrees each day and I have been very sick for weeks. I gained 16 lbs. in 7 days and I was eating very little, it was fluid retained by my heart and my lungs filled with fluid. I have been dodging going to the hospital and there is a posibility I have pneumonia.
I want to come back one more time and I already know what I will do to my truck to hopefully push it to 135 to 137 mph, the last run I made in April was 133.869 I think so I should be able to reach my goal if everything goes well.
I would hate to make my last trip and the weather cause a rainout but I need to come in mild weather temp wise. What do any of you think this September which might push me to get ready or next April again and we all know what the weather was like then.
I read all the post here in the forum everyday and any suggestions you have I will welcome and I will see all of you when I do come back.

Garrell Paterson
garrell patterson

Offline Underdog

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2012, 01:33:53 AM »
I'll bring the Apple Pie for that, :roll:if im still around!!!     :cheers:

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 11:41:27 PM »
Do ya want another?

Mike Reichen

Yeah, yeah yeah! Come out of retirement! We would love to see you back!
496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com

Offline garrell patterson

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2012, 06:39:20 AM »
Preparing my truck right now for next April but I talked to Tonya Turk and she said nothing was tied down for next year, it was being worked on and they would send emails when an agreement was reached with dates.

Garrell
garrell patterson