Author Topic: Friday Aug 10 HAMB BBQ for Save the Salt at the bend  (Read 28190 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: Friday Aug 10 HAMB BBQ for Save the Salt at the bend
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2012, 11:23:53 PM »
And I hope that your delayed event, done online, works out for you, Tman.  As you know -- we didn't have a Salt Talks at SpeedWeek this year.  Partly it was because the weather turned funky Sunday late in the day, but mostly it was Nancy wasn't able to be there to help make the thing run right.  Volunteers do most of the "work" at Salt Talks, but without Nancy in active attendance -- I didn't have the heart to try to run it alone.

So we'll have a Salt Talks at World of Speed for sure. We were probably going to run one then anyway, but now we have to do that -- we've got donations to raffle off, and we've got a hundred or so Salt Talks '12 t-shirts to sell.  Remember - Salt Talks is the major fundraiser for landracing.com. 

But this thread is about the fund raiser for Save the Salt.  If you can make it work to hold the raffle and auction and so on by using the internet -- it'll work pretty well (and save your voice from all the shouting and talking you'd otherwise have to do :-D).  Keep in mind, folks, that when you bid for something that'll then be shipped to you - that someone will have to pay the postage or shipping charges, so be ready to make sure you bid enough to cover the costs.  To best help Save the Salt - we need to get as much of the $$ to the StS fund, not the UPS or USPS folks.  Best wishes for bringing it off, Trent, and good luck.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Tman

« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2012, 01:00:59 AM »
Thanks Slim, I have a plan on how to pull it off RAFFLE STYLE like we intended to do it Friday night. Gotta suss out the details. Since commo is so hard when we are out on the salt and not able to find even folks WE KNOW, we decided to be fair to folks that had seen this off BOTH message boards and donated as well that we would do it at a better time.

Dallas, I missed you the other two times I came back to the trailer, we can catch up on the chat or phone when you are off the salt and see this.

Offline Kiwi Paul

« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2012, 12:02:33 PM »
Great to talk to you, Trent, however briefly. Hope you can use the Package as we discussed.....

Offline Tman

« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2012, 12:38:10 PM »
Great to talk to you, Trent, however briefly. Hope you can use the Package as we discussed.....

Shoot me a PM, I had so many items that I am having a hard time remembering it all! I dont even have most of the truck unpacked! :-o