Author Topic: Friday Aug 10 HAMB BBQ for Save the Salt at the bend  (Read 28191 times)

Offline Tman

Friday Aug 10 HAMB BBQ for Save the Salt at the bend
« on: July 07, 2012, 09:54:20 AM »
Nathan got me thinking last winter and I suggested we walk the pits and collect spare change to donate to the Save the Salt folks. Well, someone that knows I like to BBQ suggested that we do that. Then someone suggested a raffle..................sooo I am busy rounding artwork and automobilia for a raffle. Friday night about 5ish. We will prob setup in the NE are of the Bend by the access road where the campers thin out. We will keep it simple this year. Dogs and BYOB. There will be a donation jar OR we will be selling tickets for the raffle items.

I called it HAMBbq because we had a banner and thats where the idea came from BUT Freud and all my pals here are invited as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This community has treated me very well.

AND DO NOT FORGET SLIMS SALT TALKS ON SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! More food and socializing! :cheers:

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: Friday Aug 10 HAMB BBQ for Save the Salt at the bend
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 07:08:10 PM »
Thanks for the reminder.  It'll get me to start a thread for Salt Talks.  Nancy and I were talking about that very subject just today, talking about the need to start asking for donations for our raffle/giveaway, and to just get our collective butts in gear to do the planning.  One thing we're contemplating is proposing Salt Talks at both SpeedWeek AND World of Speed.  We did both last year mostly because of the rainout during the SpeedWeek event, but maybe we'll plan both of 'em this time around.  Any comments from youse guys out there in internetland?

I'll get the thread going after supper tonight.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Tman

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 07:15:03 PM »
Cool Slim! Can you get me a poster or something on a sign letting folks know about the Salt Talks? I will put it up at our deal and see if we can get some traffic going.

Also, we are wondering when the Bean Bandits and Hop Up have their deals going? Anyone know?

Offline maguromic

• http://www.barringtontea.com
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 07:38:40 PM »
Don't forget about the inliners BBQ at the KOA. There are usually a few hundred at that event also. Tony
“If you haven’t seen the future, you are not going fast enough”

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 08:45:52 PM »
Banner:  Joe Shaul is the guy in Wendover that does engraving, banners, printing, signs, etc.  We usually get a banner or two from him for Salt Talks - and I'll be sure to get one for you to display at your get-together.  He's donated them to us (part of the good relations these days between Wendover merchants and racers, I do believe), and we try to keep our "needs" reasonalbe - by keeping the banners each year and giving them back to him so he can re-do the date.  That saves him the cost of new vinyl and such and makes the job easier.  I dug out one of the old ones just yesterday, in fact.  Whatever - I'll get one for you and one for us.  Thanks for the offer of help.  By the way, if you'd rather have a poster or something other than a banner (usually about 2' high by 6 - 8' wide) - let me know and we'll see what we can do to take advantage of your offer.

I think the Bean Bandits party is usually Wednesday at the KoA.  I say I think it is 'cause we go to the 200 MPH Club dinner and that's on Weds. evening.  I don't know about the Inliners.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Buickguy3

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 09:55:09 AM »
   Sadly, every year the Inliners put their BBQ on at the KOA at the exact time as The Salt Talks. I haven't found out who to talk to to get that changed, as I have to make a choice every year and The Salt Talks and STS usually win out. Would love to attend the Inliner's event, too.
   Doug  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I keep going faster and faster and I don't know why. All I have to do is live and die.
                   [America]

Offline Tman

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2012, 11:51:32 AM »
Doug, I knew there would be conflicts all through the week. I also would love to do the Inliner deal but frankly I didn't even go to town until the day I left last year. Once I am beat up all day on the salt the farthest I can make is to the bend and change clothes and clean up to eat!

Offline Kiwi Paul

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2012, 12:15:01 AM »
Trent, try to make it to the Inliners/Bean Bandits Picnic this year. Usually Tom Branch is making the Margaritas......worth it, right there. I will have my Raffle item with me, but you had better come down to Inspection before you start the Grill and grab it. I will probably arrive late.....

Offline Tman

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2012, 11:33:50 AM »
Trent, try to make it to the Inliners/Bean Bandits Picnic this year. Usually Tom Branch is making the Margaritas......worth it, right there. I will have my Raffle item with me, but you had better come down to Inspection before you start the Grill and grab it. I will probably arrive late.....

I will try and catch up.

Offline Tman

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2012, 06:31:03 PM »
Been working on raffle items. Lots of hot rod artwork, some T's, etc. Should be fun!

Offline Tman

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2012, 10:34:26 PM »
Lets hope the goodies make it in time! If ANYONE has team t's or anything else to donate we are open. Beggars can't be choosers!

Offline Bobby Green

• New folks
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2012, 12:13:17 AM »
Tman,

Stop by our pits before, I'll gladly donate a couple Old Crow T-shirts for the Raffle.   Bobby

Offline Tman

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2012, 02:04:27 AM »
Tman,

Stop by our pits before, I'll gladly donate a couple Old Crow T-shirts for the Raffle.   Bobby
Thanks Bobby! You guys are tops.

Offline mrdodge

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2012, 04:34:00 AM »
Hey, T Man. As per my comments on the HAMB, a couple of us will be at the BBQ on Friday and hope to have something for the raffle. Will also be at the Salt Talks on Sunday and will bring something for that as well. Loved the last Salt Talks we were at 4 years ago and also made the HAMB drags that year as well. Looking forward to seein y'all than. Less than 20 sleeps till we get on the big bird...... :-D

JR
If you can keep your head when all around you are losing theirs....it's quite possible you haven't grasped the situation

Offline Tman

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2012, 06:44:33 PM »
Hey, T Man. As per my comments on the HAMB, a couple of us will be at the BBQ on Friday and hope to have something for the raffle. Will also be at the Salt Talks on Sunday and will bring something for that as well. Loved the last Salt Talks we were at 4 years ago and also made the HAMB drags that year as well. Looking forward to seein y'all than. Less than 20 sleeps till we get on the big bird...... :-D

JR

Thanks! The BBQ will get rolling around 4:30-5. I will be easy to spot as you come down the access road towards the Bend. If anyone wants my cell# just PM me.

I am trying to get an idea of what we have for the raffle. Sould like close to 3 dozen items?