Author Topic: WHAT ABOUT BOB??  (Read 6291 times)

Offline nemesis

• New folks
WHAT ABOUT BOB??
« on: July 06, 2012, 10:37:01 AM »
What ever happened to the self proclaimed "LSR GUY" Bob Winer?  Never hear a thing since the LTA put us out of his misery.

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
Re: WHAT ABOUT BOB??
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 11:35:38 AM »
If you are talking about Bob Wanner, he was at the July meet last year. He was helping Tim and his crew make the transition.
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline Speedfreak67

• New folks
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 11:50:41 PM »
Wow, sounds like some little boy didnt get his way and still holds some kind of grudge. Before you go dropping names on bulletin boards, maybe you should not hide yours coward... Give Bob a call and ask if he is going to be at a meet you would be at... love to see you talk crap face to face... This is not the place for your cryassing jr...

And Bob, if your out there.... How you doin?!!!  :)

Offline Bob Wanner

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2012, 10:41:36 AM »
In the spirit of Christmas, I wish Scott "Nemesis" Griswold and everybody in the LSR community a Happy Christmas and a Healthy, Prosperous, and especially SAFE 2013. 
2012 was a bittersweet year, considering the local tragedies here of Superstorm Sandy and the loss of life in Connecticut. Both situations touched us personally, we will never forget their losses.
The # 343 crew and yours truly will be attending LTA in 2013 with a rebuilt and well prepared car (as opposed to our last appearance) , and are looking forward to reacquainting ourselves with old friends in LSR.
Bob Wanner, formerly "The LTA Guy", doin' just fine....

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2012, 10:46:34 AM »
glad to hear it Bob. Merry Christmas rtio you and yours. Have a safe and fast New Year.
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline Gary Perkinson

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2012, 12:06:28 PM »
In the spirit of Christmas, I wish Scott "Nemesis" Griswold and everybody in the LSR community a Happy Christmas and a Healthy, Prosperous, and especially SAFE 2013. 
2012 was a bittersweet year, considering the local tragedies here of Superstorm Sandy and the loss of life in Connecticut. Both situations touched us personally, we will never forget their losses.
The # 343 crew and yours truly will be attending LTA in 2013 with a rebuilt and well prepared car (as opposed to our last appearance) , and are looking forward to reacquainting ourselves with old friends in LSR.
Bob Wanner, formerly "The LTA Guy", doin' just fine....

Bob...I'll be bringing my slightly sluggish HHR up to Loring from the Bronx in July to make my second-ever LSR appearance (I'm planning to go to Wilmington in April)...looking forward to meeting an NYC-area local who's been doing it for a while! Merry Christmas...  :-D

Gary
LTA   G/BGALT Record (1 mile)     143.313
LTA   G/BGALT Record (1.5 mile)  148.321
LTA   F/PRO Record (1 mile)         114.668

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2012, 12:33:36 PM »
Bob W.  Thanks for posting---good hearing from u  :cheers:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline saltwheels262

• LTA 7/2013
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2012, 12:39:57 PM »
everybody in the LSR community a Happy Christmas and a Healthy, Prosperous, and especially SAFE 2013. 

right back at you Bob , and to all.

franey
bub '07 - 140.293 a/pg   120" crate street mill  
bub '10 - 158.100  sweetooth gear
lta  7/11 -163.389  7/17/11; 3 run avg.-162.450
ohio -    - 185.076 w/#684      
lta 8/14  - 169.xxx. w/sw2           
'16 -- 0 runs ; 0 events

" it's not as easy as it looks. "
                            - franey  8/2007

Offline Frank06

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2012, 01:28:36 PM »
See ya in July Big Guy!
E-Racer

Offline tedgram

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2012, 03:29:31 PM »
  Merry Christmas  :cheers:
 Looking forward to July!! :wink:
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 03:31:20 PM by tedgram »

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2012, 09:40:49 PM »
July looking like best meet ever ....  all we need is a tail wind.

Offline Bob Wanner

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2013, 05:55:35 PM »
 "All we need is tail wind," yeah, and considering you ride an HD, a bucket of Zorb-All. LOLL
LTA was the best LSR track in the country since 2009, and now with last year's removal of that little ridge at the 1K mark, and the timing at both 1 and 1 1/2 miles, it has surpassed itself.  The best traction, 300 feet wide, plenty shut down, it is all that 90% of everybody needs in our sport. Only some Special construction 300mph vehicles need more room. Plenty good lodging and Food nearby to suit anyone's taste, and the nicest ride through New England to get there. And The Lobster Fest on Popham Beach!
I highly recommend taking a few days extra to do a scenic route, through the mountains and along the coast on the round trip. Owl's head Transportation Museum a real gear head destination, too.
Go East, Young (mostly Old) Men.....
Yeah, I do promote, but ask anybody's been up there.
Bob W 

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2013, 07:21:40 PM »
Ah, you havent been watching the build diaries.  I might not be riding the infamous HD this July.

Joe

Offline Bob Wanner

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2013, 07:50:02 PM »
Yeah, I have.  You have over three months for ECTA , and you have your new engine, a hardly recognizable Hardly D Buell . I'm not a bike guy, but the frame build looks awesome. What class is it in ?  Not too much info, this info belongs on the build threads. This thread is about to end.