Author Topic: EGT or O2  (Read 12443 times)

Offline fastman614

Re: EGT or O2
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2012, 12:00:41 PM »
Looking at the pricing of data logger systems, I rhetorically ask why I am into mine for over $6000?.... Is that how much all of the sensors and cable add up to after the fact?

As for at transmission with a closer 3-4 split, it was money well spent for us as well.... on both of our cars.

BTW, if you are running a Tex Racing or G Force T101(with or without an "A") trans, the gear pairs, from the input gear set through to the lowest - and even reverse gear, I think - can be changed to yield "nearly infinite" ratio combinations including overdrives. The T101A trans is stronger and thus, IMO, a more desirable choice.

If your choice is limited to, say, a Super T10 though, there were some rare ones that had 1.19 to 1 third gear ratios.... the most common 3rd gear ratio seems to be 1.23 to 1 and comes with several different first and second gear ratios, with a fairly common 2.43 to 1 first gear and a 1.6(something)-1 second gear being what I have seen for sale (and have a relatively complete but semi-scattered one in my parts here). These trannies were supposed to have been used in many four speed equipped "performancy" Camaros/Firebirds in the later 1970s (although often the much less desirable Saginaw trans was installed without any rhyme or reason on GM's part).

Good luck
No s*** sticks to the man wearing a teflon suit.