Author Topic: Advertisers  (Read 5937 times)

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Advertisers
« on: June 26, 2012, 04:51:26 PM »
Speedway Motors is one company that supports LSR and many street builders. They  have a great FREE catalog just for asking. It has many items that can be used on LSR cars at fair prices. They ran a streamliner for many years on the salt. It is now in the SpeedWay museum and I highly recommend a visit if passing through the area. Support them who support Us.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
Re: Advertisers
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 05:16:18 PM »
I agree, Glen- Speedway Motors is a great source for parts at very reasonable prices. Most of the stuff in their catalogs is in stock, too. Speedway publishes 3 catalogs-- Circle Track, Street Rod, and I forget the other one. They are all free.

Another good source for metal parts-- brackets, bushings, gussetts, etc. is A & A Manufacturing. If you are building a chassis, you should ask them for their catalog.

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline Tman

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 05:42:04 PM »
I have heard of this new company that is talking to Slim about supporting this site. Has access to all those fun tabs that A&A has as well as most major performance/safety companies ;)

www.compulsionrodandcustom.com

Bear with them on the website, sometime free help is slow :-D
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 05:44:20 PM by Tman »

Offline thundersalt

• www.americanrvservicecenter.com
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 06:30:52 PM »
I buy from them often (speedway). Just got my king pins from them. They also have the fancy lead bricks that say chevrolet on them
916 REMR
2017 AA/FRMR Bonneville Record holder 234.663
2018 AA/GRMR El Mirage Record holder 223.108
2020 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 252.438
2021 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 262.685
El Mirage 200 MPH Club
Drivers/Owners: Brian & Celia Dean

Offline Jack Gifford

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 01:12:43 AM »
Reading through a copy of Hot Rod Magazine from 1954, I spotted "Speedy Bill" Smith leaning over a hotrod engine. He's been "on the scene" for awhile...
M/T Pontiac hemi guru
F/BFL 1-mile Loring record 2020

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 10:07:17 AM »
Speedway has been around for over 60 yrs. They have 5 cataiogs plus a master. Oval track,Sprint/midget, Street Rods, Muscle Car, and Classic Truck. You would be amazed at the stuff they have that can be incorporated into a LSR vehicle so that you don't have to reinvent the wheel so to speak on a "special" part. No, I don't work for them just buy a lot of stuff for our LSR car and my '27 roadster, that I started from Speedway parts. That said I will always hurt around for price and service. My $0.02

Frank
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline Tman

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 12:32:27 PM »
Plus, those 12 year old Chinese girls are darn good welders! :wink: :roll:

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2012, 12:38:46 PM »
I'd love to support Bill, but I'm running an MG, not a GM.  :|

Bought my fuel pump and a few other items from them.  Ships fast to us midwesterners.
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2012, 10:06:55 AM »
I support lots of parts suppliers/vendors when buying for my HotRods, StreetRods, RatRods and Race Cars.

Quality comes before price in my book and "Made in the USA" is always my first choice,,, with that said some times the "best USA stuff is not available"
and yes you will find  some (very few) but some "Import Parts" on my stuff.

Yes I use Speedway, Jegs, Summit Racing, for misc items.
and thus far have had good luck and excellent service from all 3... Speedway has more variety for the HotRods and older stuff. 

Keep the Car Hobby alive,,,,  Buy, Build, Drive and Race.....  Support your local shops and vendors too !!!

Charles
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2012, 03:43:25 PM »
  I have and do use parts from Speedway but I feel a duty to advise the users of this site to use some caution.
A year ago or so, a local Hot Rod Legend built a VW hotrod with a Speedway early Ford front end.
  The car was featured in one of the major car magazines.
  Before the issue was printed, He was driving with a friend when either the spindle or kingpin boss (I can't recall) snapped and crashed.  The car was totaled and the passenger suffered a broken leg (once again my memory is a tad shaky).
  The good news is that no one was killed.
  The cause: Chineese sh*t from Speedway.
   That being said I will still buy some things from them, but not any "house brand" parts.
   Mater of fact, I won't buy any "house brand" from Jeg's or Summit for those very same reasons. 
  One more thing, these are the same people who pirated Roy Fjastads (one of us) design for his Full Bore valve adjusting tools and now make a tidy profit at his expense.
  If you have any of those tools in your own box, you ought to be ashamed.........  Bob
                      Bob
Bob Drury

Offline Tman

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2012, 01:04:22 AM »
Bob, THANKS for your input! After 25+ years in customer service/retail it is nice to hear folks starting too get "IT" :cheers:

Offline randre

• New folks
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2012, 02:24:13 AM »
Though something that would not be fancied by a lot of other people, I think that it would be really nice to have a good view from advertisers to populate and be able to work around the track.  The challenge for some though would be how you could handle the politics that goes about sponsorship and being able to award seats to those who really are due what they are getting.  That would be the biggest challenge, if you ask me about it.

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2012, 11:40:43 AM »
  Randre, Some of the past and current Safety Vendors are usually allways at Speedweek, as are many parts vendor/racers like Wayne Jessel and Roy Fjastad, and usually several big name engine builders, chassis builders (at least two of who currently race on the salt).
  As far as having a "seating area" most of them are not there to "SIT" but to help other racers while creating a chance to demonstrate what new stuff they might have.
  They also can have a "manned" promo tent out next to Impound, so I think it is allready mostly a handled deal.
                             Bob
Bob Drury