Author Topic: No more hump at Loring  (Read 2315 times)

Offline blackslax

• Loring Timing Association
No more hump at Loring
« on: June 19, 2012, 09:08:02 AM »
Just want to let you all know that the hump in the transition is now hothing more than thaa thunk when you go over it. 
Lane Construction was out last week and shaved it off so there are no more worries at the transition.
Tim Kelly
Race Director - LTA
www.loringtiming.com
People dont see the world the way things are, They see the world the way they are.

Offline blackslax

• Loring Timing Association
Re: No more hump at Loring
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 09:09:43 AM »
I also checked the track last weekend and the slight dip that some people feel at the windsock is much less apparent than in the past.
Tim Kelly
Race Director - LTA
www.loringtiming.com
People dont see the world the way things are, They see the world the way they are.

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 03:40:08 PM »
A lotta years ago I raced at Riverside International Raceway. There were several track configurations, and the one I ran put us on the back straight at about 1/3 of the way down the straight.

The Can-Am cars used the full back straight. I was watching the Can-Am cars with two buddies that ran the same race I did the week before. We noticed the Can-Am cars were almost bottoming out on a dip. None of us remembered a dip in that location.
The difference was that we rolled through that dip at about 75 mph and they were hitting that same location at about 175.

Your perception of dips and bumps is certainly modified by the speed you go over it!
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline roadracer

• TLN Motorsports/KWS/Brock's/DCW/Vortex/WWB
    • TLN Motorsports
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 06:27:45 AM »
There is a dip at the windsock... :?  I never found it before... :-o  Don't tell me about anything else I don't know about. :-D  That bump at the 1/4 mile board was all I ever felt there.  See everyone soon.
2006 Kawasaki ZX-6rr (Worlds Fastest standing mile and 1.5 mile)
2008 Kawasaki ZX-10R (4 200 MPH Clubs)
2008 Kawasaki EX-250R (Multiple ECTA and LTA records)
131 Land Speed Records set since 2008
125 Land Speed Racing records (including 3 Worlds Fastest Speeds) set since 2008.