Author Topic: STOP THE PRESS, ITS BIG DADDY'S BIRTHDAY !!!!!  (Read 4884 times)

Offline Freud

Re: STOP THE PRESS, ITS BIG DADDY'S BIRTHDAY !!!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2012, 02:01:33 PM »
Back date my wishes one day.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline fastman614

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2012, 02:32:32 PM »
I heard that Glen is still 21...cuz after hitting THAT magic number he was "old enough" and didn't need any more age.... a concept to which I subscribe....
No s*** sticks to the man wearing a teflon suit.

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2012, 04:05:21 PM »
  Dave, He probably still is 21 in that "metric" crap you guy's have foisted upon us.
  I am working on my "newer" 88 Chev 1 ton, and am learning about metric the hard way (don't ask).
                                                 Bob         :-P
Bob Drury

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2012, 04:27:55 PM »
Sad part is we hated to hear Metric in the aircraft industry. My 2003 Chevy truck is both as well as my wife's Cad STS. So I had to invest a few hundred bucks in them Limey tools.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2012, 04:50:57 PM »
  Glen, as my way of protesting Metric, I only buy Harbor Freight (chineese sh*t) tools to use on that crap.
  Ordinarily I wouldn't pay a nickel for that crap and none of it goes in my Tool Box.
  I bought a cheap plastic Chinese box for them so as not to contaminate my real tools............
                   Bob                :evil: :roll: :evil:
Bob Drury

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2012, 05:04:10 PM »
"invest a few hundred bucks in them Limey tools"

Whitworth?
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2012, 05:04:44 PM »
I had some HF impact sockets that split. So most of mine are a little better grade now.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline fastman614

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2012, 01:10:34 AM »
Well, as much as you all would like to castigate we Canadians for foisting the "metric crap" on to you, we are pretty much still at the same level in regards to metric/"imperial" measurement as you in the USA!.... The Free Trade Agreements have pretty much seen to it that the standards of your country and our country remain "harmonized".... I own a pretty good selection of tools in both "languages".... and my Chevy truck has the same metric/imperial distribution of fasteners as any of yours in the USA have....

The real "problem" is that the manufacturers want to sell their products in "metric only" countries and they have begun harmonizing their dimensioning with that in mind.... So.... if you want to use a line from a jingo from the show Southpark.... you can go ahead and "Blame Canada"....
No s*** sticks to the man wearing a teflon suit.

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2012, 02:09:25 AM »
  I still think the movie "Canadian Bacon" with John Candy is a all time classic. Then again, my all time favorite is Doctor Strangelove with Peter Sellers playing about ten roles including stuffy shirt Brit Officer Group Comander Lionel Mandrake.
  If you guys would just quit renaming our GM cars and go back to building Studebaker's, all would be forgiven (in my mind, or whats left of it).           
                                        :-D :cheers: :roll:
Bob Drury