Author Topic: July Ohio mile who is going?  (Read 29712 times)

Offline TAKERRY

Re: July Ohio mile who is going?
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2012, 05:23:44 PM »
Hey I've got a second gen Firebird small block. Twin turbos sounds interesting. Anyway got the new 700 trans in and all goes well I'll see everyone in July. April was a disaster burned up the trans on the first run. Thinking of staying at the Hampton Inn in Washington Court 16.5 miles away. Any thoughts?
Kerry
No trailer ran 135mph at the World of Speed 2011 see you in 2012 in Ohio and back at Bonneville at the world of speed going for the 150club 1979 Firebird T/A White . Ck out YOU TUBE. KERRY AT BONNEVILLE. Didn't  make 2012,2013,2014. ECTA in Ohio 2012 trans went out and 2013 fuel problems . Still trans and fuel problems. Finally all looks good. Ready to drive (no trailer) 1500 miles to Bonneville and It's cancelled. NEXT YEAR. SEPT. ECTA RAN 144 MPH. GETTING BETTER. 2021 Ran 152 fulfilled a ten year dream to make the 150 club.

Offline Dan Stokes

« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2012, 05:36:11 PM »
I stayed at the Baymont in Jeffersonville for the last meet.  It was fine but a bit further out of the way than would be optimal.  If you call the Wilmington Inn and tell them you're a ECTA racer they'll take care of you.  My room for the next meet is $55/night and just a couple of miles from the track.  I'll wager the place you're considering is fine but a bit too far away if you can have as nice a room for the same $$ in Wilmington.

Just for grins - anyone know the airport code for the Wilmington, OH airport?  Ours is ILM in Wilmington, NC.  I think Delaware has WIL.

Dan
Wilmington, NC - by the sea

ECTA idiot, Bonneville volunteer

Offline Dan Stokes

« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2012, 05:43:03 PM »
Found it!  ILN is Wilmington, OH.  WIL is Nirobi, Kenya - go figure

Offline LSR Mike

• First Pass-June 25, 2000; Muroc Dry Lake
    • Mike & Paula's Site
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2012, 08:42:16 AM »
Its going to be close but it looks like the Time Bomb will make the show. Double down ohio maine weekends for us!!!!

I wish you guys the best(bout time for a break). Stay safe and go fast.

As far as I'm concerned I will not be making the July ohio or the Maine event as a matter of fact as of now I am in retirement. I may come back sometime in the future but not until I can find the hidden intermittant problem that has been plauging me for like 2 years now. Everyone thinks it's because I am trying to run the car too hard but it's not I have been turning the car down(in power) everytime out and I recently over hauled most of the car trying to remove the problem. Didn't work, at the june Ohio mile the car was turned down about 500 awhp from where it has been sucsessfully run in the past and it should make 600++ more than it was at but still it failed.
So as of now I'm parkin it and probably won't touch it for quite a long time as I am digusted with the thing.
Rant over.

I hope everyone has a great time(I know I won't) be safe and beat your personal bests.

Mike Reichen  driver of a slow Acura junk evo2

Bummer Dude,
Your going to leave me  by myself to uphold the Mitsubishi Honor?, Now if I could get your drivetrain under my truck...Hmmm
Mike M.
BNI/ECTA
ECTA Record Holder/Former Bonneville Record Holder

Offline Plmkrze

• Oh Yea
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2012, 10:25:23 AM »
Takerry

Me and the misses have stayed at the Baymont in Jeffersonville both events. It is next door to Werner's Smokehouse. Try the "Hog Wings" and a cold adult beverage. Yum Yum!!! Richard and Barbara run the place. Great folks!!!!
"Trim it, whittle it, make it work."

East Coast Cherry Pickers Association (ECCPA) and proud of it!

Offline greenjunk

« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2012, 05:33:18 PM »
If anyone is intersted in a turbo setup to go in a 2nd gen let me know.  its good from 500-1200hp.  twin 70mm's bolt right on...
David
213mph Time Bomb Camaro

Offline Charlie Chops 1940

• New folks
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2012, 05:05:34 PM »
I'll know in a day or so if I can get a kitchen pass to be there...

Charlie

Offline TurboCat

« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2012, 02:40:55 PM »
Would like to bring the turbo'd Sportster up, but not sure if I will have enough time to convert it or even if there are any spots left open.

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2012, 03:02:18 PM »

Dan, Wilmington, NC is ILN. Wilmington, Oh is KILN. who wants to go to Kenya?? :-D
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2012, 03:28:59 PM »
Would like to bring the turbo'd Sportster up, but not sure if I will have enough time to convert it or even if there are any spots left open.

Last I heard there were spots available ...

Offline Dan Stokes

« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2012, 11:18:06 AM »

Dan, Wilmington, NC is ILN. Wilmington, Oh is KILN. who wants to go to Kenya?? :-D

NOPE!  Wilmington, NC is ILM - we often use it as an abbreviation for the name of the town.  You'll find it's used all over town in ads, etc.  The list I found showed ILN as Wilmington, OH and I never did find Wilmington, DE (but who cares besides Joe & Donna?)!

Dan

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2012, 12:00:19 PM »

Dan is correct. ILN=typo N next to M, KILN = ICAO list not FAA. I'll shut up now. See you there. :cheers:

NOPE!  Wilmington, NC is ILM - we often use it as an abbreviation for the name of the town.  You'll find it's used all over town in ads, etc.  The list I found showed ILN as Wilmington, OH and I never did find Wilmington, DE (but who cares besides Joe & Donna?)!

Dan
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2012, 12:54:31 PM »
International Air Transport Association (IATA) established 3 letter code designations for airports to standardize abbreviations. Most have an origin derived from the airports name.

Wilmington Ohio - Airborne Air Park - Clinton County Airport - ILN
Wilmington North Carolina - Wilmington International Airport - ILM

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2012, 03:20:07 PM »
And some of them are not intuitive:  O'Hare field, Chicago = ORD

Before the airport was turned into a big-time place it was Orchard field,  ergo ORD.

Back to who's going to the Ohio July event.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline tigerbird

« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2012, 03:40:46 PM »
Dave M. please send me info if your twin turbo fits 3rd gen sbc.
Jeff Jacobs
jcubs48@msn.com
Jeff