Author Topic: July Ohio mile who is going?  (Read 29702 times)

Offline Hooley

Re: July Ohio mile who is going?
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2012, 08:29:02 AM »
I wish I remembered all that Arithmetic [ Math to you kids] and It would go faster then

Hooley
"Just Glad To Be Here"

Offline Plmkrze

• Oh Yea
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2012, 10:25:11 AM »
Woody and Hooley,
   Please accept my humble apologies for the mistake in figuring Hooley’s theoretical speed in the upcoming July Ohio Mile.  Woody is absolutely, 100%, theoretically, rhetorically correct in his predicted speed of 228.64 mph.

It is blatantly obvious even to the most casual of observers that the misspelling of “Hooley” resulted in the 1.22 mph difference using my equation. Again, I theoretically, all else being equal, proper lucky draws being worn etc, etc, etc, apologize.

See you in July!!

Plm Krze 
"Trim it, whittle it, make it work."

East Coast Cherry Pickers Association (ECCPA) and proud of it!

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2012, 11:30:36 AM »
Woody and Hooley,
   Please accept my humble apologies for the mistake in figuring Hooley’s theoretical speed in the upcoming July Ohio Mile.  Woody is absolutely, 100%, theoretically, rhetorically correct in his predicted speed of 228.64 mph.

It is blatantly obvious even to the most casual of observers that the misspelling of “Hooley” resulted in the 1.22 mph difference using my equation. Again, I theoretically, all else being equal, proper lucky draws being worn etc, etc, etc, apologize.

See you in July!!

Plm Krze 

I am relieved! I thought you might have been calculating his new exit speed!  :-o

Hooley seems to believe that if you lift you lose!  :cheers:
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline Plmkrze

• Oh Yea
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2012, 12:38:13 PM »
Hey guys, if Hooleys exit speed in the standing mile (or for that matter Plm Krze’s, or a motorcycle, or a motorcycle with three wheels, or a motorcycle with five wheels, or a hamburger powered hamster, an alcohol powered anteater) is theoretically 228.64, if we reduced the hamsters frontal area by 1/3 (by shaving said hamster’s ears off) will Hooley’s entrance speed into the standing mile still be zero?

Now, Woody. You have to admit that this aero forum material!!!   

No hamburger powered hamsters were hurt during these theoretical entrance speed calculations, but one alcohol powered anteater was lost. Little shit got drunk and fell down and hit his head. 

I'm still going to see you in July!!

Plm Krze

Offline Plmkrze

• Oh Yea
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2012, 12:41:04 PM »
I'm going to have to skip the July event.  Going to force myself to get the car driveable this summer, and could use all the extra time I can get. Should be back in September though.

On a more serious note, how close are you?

We would like to see you in July!

PlmKrze

Offline stobl

• Photo album of build
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2012, 01:58:04 PM »
On a more serious note, how close are you?

The only real "major" thing left is the front upper control arms (onto version 3 at this point- completely new design) and front coilover mounts.  Everything else is an easy hack (patch the trunk sheetmetal, etc.).  This weekend I'm going to pull the motor for better access and to finish all the welding in the engine bay.  If I don't create more problems with the control arms, by the end of the month it should be on it's wheels ready to start up again.  
-Blake S

Offline roadracer

• TLN Motorsports/KWS/Brock's/DCW/Vortex/WWB
    • TLN Motorsports
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2012, 06:23:34 AM »
We are registered and booked for the hotel.  Now for the bikes, thats another story.  Working a 21 day straight stretch here at the job.  No time to prepare, much less fis the clutch issues on the ZX-6.  It's all in the hands of KWS Motorsports.  Of course, they have never let me down.  Some locals I spoke with said be ready for hot, humid and little wind, except in the passing storms.  :roll:  Karl, looking forward to seeing you.  We are planning the double, Ohio/Maine.  Looking forward to talking.  Have started some plans for next season.
2006 Kawasaki ZX-6rr (Worlds Fastest standing mile and 1.5 mile)
2008 Kawasaki ZX-10R (4 200 MPH Clubs)
2008 Kawasaki EX-250R (Multiple ECTA and LTA records)
131 Land Speed Records set since 2008
125 Land Speed Racing records (including 3 Worlds Fastest Speeds) set since 2008.

Offline Fheckro

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2012, 10:28:16 AM »
Count me in.
Not alot new ... just suspension adjustments, a mild massaging of the cylinder head ports and the addition of a Stroud parachute (in case the mild cylinder head port massaging has unexpectedly good results).

Looking forward to the Stroud seminar as this is my first ever parachute.

Fred
9479 Monza C/CGC
Current record Holder @ 180.000

Offline entropy

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2012, 11:00:06 AM »
We are registered and booked for the hotel.  Now for the bikes, thats another story.  Working a 21 day straight stretch here at the job.  No time to prepare, much less fis the clutch issues on the ZX-6.  It's all in the hands of KWS Motorsports.  Of course, they have never let me down.  Some locals I spoke with said be ready for hot, humid and little wind, except in the passing storms.  :roll:  Karl, looking forward to seeing you.  We are planning the double, Ohio/Maine.  Looking forward to talking.  Have started some plans for next season.

Me too, planning Ohio then Maine.  My endurance is so-so these days, but WTH, wifey prob needs to add "towing a trailer" to her already formidable list of skills (ironing, mopping, controlling my meds, etc) :cheers:

Offline sabat

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2012, 11:22:50 AM »
I'll be there. Still not sure on Loring, but Ohio fer sure.

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2012, 09:56:49 PM »
The Ohio/Maine back to back events may prove to difficult and expensive for me..

I am ordering a new Chute so I will have a spare (as my last one tore last meet).. trying to make a few adjustments to the Stude,,

I hate to miss seeing all you there (and my Stude dude Hooley),, I may just Drive the Camaro (Bumble Bee) up to
be there and for Saturday and Sunday thru lunch.

Charles
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline iamflagman

• Wild Hare Racing
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2012, 05:19:03 AM »
I will be there with the WABBIT and then on to Maine the following weekend. There will be some more of the 'Birds there too, over in the camping area.
JOHN FINN
HOPKINS, SC
1984 VW RABBIT GTI
16V SCIROCCO CONVERSION
G/GSS LAND SPEED RACER
SM SCCA TT / AUTOCROSS
Check out my "WILD HARE RACING" Land Speed Racing Rabbit album at;
http://www.pbase.com/iamflagman/wild_hare_racing_land_speed_racing_rabbit
EAST COAST TIMING ASSOCIATION
I MAY BE GETTING OLDER.............BUT I REFUSE TO GROW UP!!
Shhhh........be vewy, vewy quiet........we are wacing a wabbit!!!!

Offline 1 fast evo 2

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2012, 08:15:55 AM »
Its going to be close but it looks like the Time Bomb will make the show. Double down ohio maine weekends for us!!!!

I wish you guys the best(bout time for a break). Stay safe and go fast.

As far as I'm concerned I will not be making the July ohio or the Maine event as a matter of fact as of now I am in retirement. I may come back sometime in the future but not until I can find the hidden intermittant problem that has been plauging me for like 2 years now. Everyone thinks it's because I am trying to run the car too hard but it's not I have been turning the car down(in power) everytime out and I recently over hauled most of the car trying to remove the problem. Didn't work, at the june Ohio mile the car was turned down about 500 awhp from where it has been sucsessfully run in the past and it should make 600++ more than it was at but still it failed.
So as of now I'm parkin it and probably won't touch it for quite a long time as I am digusted with the thing.
Rant over.

I hope everyone has a great time(I know I won't) be safe and beat your personal bests.

Mike Reichen  driver of a slow ass junk evo2
E.C.T.A. 200 MPH club
Winner HOTROD TOPSPEED CHALLENGE (superstreet) 2008
My EVO 2 - 8.96@158 mph in the 1/4
221.4 mph at Maxton sept. 08
223.6 mph at the Texas mile oct. 08
237.6 mph at Maxton april 2010

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2012, 08:27:00 AM »
Mike my friend,

Retirement is not the right word or mindset you should be using or having right now,,,

How about let's call it "Time off for Reflection"  I am sure you will be back to Land Speed Racing sooner than you think,
It may be with a new car, new power plant and possibly new goals... but you will be back...

Get a 2nd Gen Camaro and a SBC for fun,,, then one you have all that done and working well,,, TWIN TURBO  that SBC in true  Mike/Mike boosted style,,,

Oh yeah,,, you are going to need some wires !!!

Stay cool, see ya down the road somewhere..

Charles
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline Dan Stokes

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2012, 02:58:23 PM »
Mike - Sorry the little Evo is being a little brat!  Hopefully you'll find the key to disciplining it and get it back in the line.  Taking some time off can be a really good idea, though.  I call it "letting the wind blow thru (my brain).  Part of the reason I'm running the truck instead of the Camaro.  Hope to build a fresh 6-banger over the Winter, paint the ol' boy, and burn some gasoline next year.  But I keep getting older...

Dan
Wilmington, NC - by the sea

ECTA idiot, Bonneville volunteer