Author Topic: Lobster fest after 2012 Loring event...  (Read 12694 times)

Offline JimCompCNC

Lobster fest after 2012 Loring event...
« on: June 02, 2012, 05:16:16 PM »
I'd like to Invite the Loring racers to the 4th annual 2012 Popham Beach lobster fest on Monday after the event.

My wife and I will be making Bloody Marys (or whatever else you want) at our cottage from 10 am on.  At 1 pm we all walk over to Spinneys on the beach for lunch.

The lunch will a classic Maine shore dinner:  A cup of New England clam chowder, a basket of steamers, corn on the cob and two 1-1/4 lb lobsters.   I have to check on the price for this year but last year it was $35 including tip.   They are a full restaurant so they have a regular menu for any that don't like seafood.  If you want beer or drinks it will be a cash bar.

Here's a few pics from previous years.  Maybe some of you folks have some better pics to share, but its a beautyfull place on the ocean.

Last year we had about 35 people and its growing every year.

The best thing is to drive down from Loring and stay over Sunday night in Bath at the Hoiliday Inn.  Its about a 15 min drive from there to Popham Beach.  Its on your way home from Loring for everyone.  Bath is about 15 min off Rt 95 south.  Its well worth adding in 1 extra day.

Offline 55chevr

Re: Lobster fest after 2012 Loring event...
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 09:16:17 PM »
I think that the 5 plates with 10 lobsters was Karl's dinner last year.

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 09:43:19 PM »
My wife and I will be there. I think the only reason she is coming with me is for the lobster fest. :wink:
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline MiltonP

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 08:46:16 PM »
Alrighty then!  I'm in.  Any chances a bunk bed is still up for dibs?  I was kind of looking forward to sleeping with Brenda again!  :-o

Ok, so it was in  seperate bunks but it made for an excellent day not having to think about driving out of there.  Sitting in a kayak with a glass of wine watching the sunset was fantastic as well.  It was a serious bummer missing out last year. Folks, this is the perfect match up with Loring.  Sort of like going up to Park City for a day of fun before hitting the Salt Flats!  just don't try to drag a car trailer down there!

:cheers:

Offline entropy

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 12:02:57 AM »
I think that the 5 plates with 10 lobsters was Karl's dinner last year.

Joe,
I was trading lobster parts (which i like), for steamers (which i love).

My lil wife & I will be there again for sure!
I booked all 4 rooms at Spinney's guest house last october  :cheers:
Karl

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 08:30:51 AM »
Karl,
I use the Texas State Flag as a wind sock ... Please make sure that someone brings it and the 20' pole you always fly it from.

Joe

Offline entropy

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 11:06:41 AM »
Karl,
I use the Texas State Flag as a wind sock ... Please make sure that someone brings it and the 20' pole you always fly it from.
Joe
Joe,
The Texas and TFA flags will be flying at Ohio and Loring; i'll put em up myself to make sure they are flying at yr 20' minimum!
Karl

Offline JimCompCNC

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2012, 08:29:27 AM »
Alrighty then!  I'm in.  Any chances a bunk bed is still up for dibs?  I was kind of looking forward to sleeping with Brenda again!  :-o

Ok, so it was in  seperate bunks but it made for an excellent day not having to think about driving out of there.  Sitting in a kayak with a glass of wine watching the sunset was fantastic as well.  It was a serious bummer missing out last year. Folks, this is the perfect match up with Loring.  Sort of like going up to Park City for a day of fun before hitting the Salt Flats!  just don't try to drag a car trailer down there!

Milton, the bunks are actually taken allready.  The holiday Inn in Bath would be the best bet. some others are staying there as well.

Offline MiltonP

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2012, 11:55:54 PM »
Oh well, guess I will just have to try and behave down there!

Offline entropy

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2012, 08:22:25 PM »
I am putting together a "as close as possible" lists of Lobster Fest & Pig Roast attendees on SH.org so please LMK your plans.

Long Island Joe, you ole coot, are you coming?

karl

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2012, 08:38:31 PM »
Unlike the idle rich from Texas, I have to work for a living.  I am considering all options. When do you need to know?

Joe

Offline entropy

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2012, 08:56:55 PM »
Unlike the idle rich from Texas, I have to work for a living.  I am considering all options. When do you need to know?
Joe

we will hold a spot open for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2012, 09:01:03 PM »
I knew I could count on you ... Joe