Author Topic: Video Shoot June 14th at El Mirage - Bring Roadster and get Paid  (Read 3188 times)

Offline MyRideisMe

• Can't wait for my first Speedweek
    • Hot Rod and Custom Car Community
Hi Guys and Girls. I don't post much except for around Speed Week. I hope you don't mind this announcement. I was contacted by a guy named Adam Johnson from M2G Media (http://www.m2gmedia.com/) about shooting a video with my roadster at El Mirage. I can't make it, but I said I'd reach out to try and find someone who can. It doesn't sound like it has to be your race car, just a cool roadster.

If you're available June 14th and can bring your roadster and some friends out, you can get paid for your mileage and what not. Here's the note from Adam:

Looking for 3 or 4 roadsters at El Mirage early morning on Tuesday June 12th for a video shoot. THIS IS A PAID deal! We will pay you for your time/travel/food.
Please send car pics and info to: adam@m2gmedia.com

This is not from MyRideisMe.com, I'm just helping to spread the word. Thanks!
Like ·  · Share
Pictures of all my cars including my 1927 Lakes Roadster Modified called, "Bonnie"

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: Video Shoot June 14th at El Mirage - Bring Roadster and get Paid
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 07:42:53 AM »
For the record, Adam did get in touch with me to ask permission to post this line of inquiry on "our" Forum.  I crashed before getting back to him - but here's the story, anyway, and i heartily recommend doing it if you're interested at all.  It's been a blast each of the times Nancy and I have been video-ed, and the few times when there's been some sort of $$ as compensation -- makes it sweeter still.  Stan - here's your chance for fame, fortune, and fame.  Maybe some notoriety, too.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 04:54:58 PM »
You mean more?
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 05:51:38 PM »
I'm a wheel short of a roadster so I guess I'm out.
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2012, 07:27:15 PM »
We have all types of roadsters...wonder what it pays...I just don't wonder enough to send an email... :-D

J

Offline deucemac

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2012, 11:34:36 PM »
Thanks to myrideisme, I contacted the production company and arranged for 3 roadsters to do the shoot on the 12th.  We were treated very well and paid a base of $150 plus .55 a mile for the round trip.  I took my daughter with me and she ended up being used in the still shots with the cars.  It was a health food commercial so my boyish figure kept me out of camera range when not in the car.  One interesting thing was that no one from the production company had ever been out to the lakes before.  The Gaffer was setting up the trolly for the camera to roll on and put a long level on the tracks, ready to wedge it level for the shoot.  He put the level in several positions and stood  back, leaned over to the director and said, " No wonder they race out here, This place is FLAT!"  One of the roadsters is owned by my friend Dave McCain of Houtz and McCain fame.  He he wore his 2 club hat and dirty 2 shirt and gave all the crew a brief run down about SCTA racing at El Mirage and I think we picked up a few hot rodding/ lakes racing fans along the way.  It was fun and I would jump at the chance to do it again.  AND best of all, we got paid before we left the lake bed, yep no waiting endlessly for a check.  Great stuff! Once again thanks to Myrideisme