Author Topic: Can I get away with this?????  (Read 18565 times)

Offline Bob Drury

Re: Can I get away with this?????
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2012, 03:07:27 PM »
    I think that John's idea (whether accidental or a brain storm) needs to be looked at by the rules commitee and is a example of a new rule that doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand or implement in their current race cars.
  John, thank's a bunch, I will have one installed for Speedweek.
  See, not all of the racers idea's are negative or railing against authority........................
                                              :-D :cheers: :cheers:      Bob
Bob Drury

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2012, 12:32:53 PM »
     Good thread at the right time for me, I am helping on a lakester build and we are currently working on the wiring. 

The main disconnect is inline with the positive lead close to both the battery and main electrical supply relays, fuses, etc.  It has a T handle, one end is attached to a cable which runs forward to the cockpit for a "pull off" reachable from the drivers position.  Currently the other end of the handle has a rod running to the rear for an external "pull off" mocked up.  Reading the thread has made me aware of how vulnerable the rod portion might be in an incident, take time to back up a step, and consider a cable "pull off" to the rear.  Longer cable to the rear would also be easier to adapt with should we add longer rear sub structure and body panels in the future for improved aero.

Thanks to everyone for all the input.

Ed

Offline fastman614

« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2012, 12:49:19 PM »
   I think that John's idea (whether accidental or a brain storm) needs to be looked at by the rules commitee and is a example of a new rule that doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand or implement in their current race cars.
  John, thank's a bunch, I will have one installed for Speedweek.
  See, not all of the racers idea's are negative or railing against authority........................
                                              :-D :cheers: :cheers:      Bob

We had done it like this - with 2 inline (in series) switches already back in 1986 on the Vega......
No s*** sticks to the man wearing a teflon suit.