Author Topic: Kent Fuller's low low Streamliner  (Read 19383 times)

Offline Tman

Re: Kent Fuller's low low Streamliner
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2012, 12:26:45 PM »
Where can one find more build pics, or did I miss that?

A few on the thread I linked going back to Mike Bishops thread on the HAMB. Most were lost on his hosting site tho.........

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2012, 12:28:53 PM »
another periscope car?  nice looking work, anyone know when he plans to race it.

I agree a nice car! Another question would be what association will let it run? I think he can run it under FIA rules perhaps at cooks meet or buy private time @ Bonneville?
Rick, unfortunately FIA isn't particularly kind to Flatheads as far as classes go.  :roll: Wayno

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2012, 12:33:00 PM »
Where can one find more build pics, or did I miss that?

A few on the thread I linked going back to Mike Bishops thread on the HAMB. Most were lost on his hosting site tho.........
yea I went to the HAMB and that was all I found....Shame
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline turborick

• Go as fast as we can with as little as we can
    • http://www.bonnevillestreamliner.com
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2012, 12:40:04 PM »
another periscope car?  nice looking work, anyone know when he plans to race it.

I agree a nice car! Another question would be what association will let it run? I think he can run it under FIA rules perhaps at cooks meet or buy private time @ Bonneville?
Rick, unfortunately FIA isn't particularly kind to Flatheads as far as classes go.  :roll: Wayno

I know but no other association likes periscopes plus I don't think it meets the role cage rules.
at least running FIA he could run the car.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 12:42:25 PM by turborick »
Rick Yacoucci

The new Nebulous Theorem 3.5 #788
http://www.bonnevillestreamliner.com

Offline RichFox

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2012, 02:54:26 PM »
To my understanding, the periscope is for rear and side vision. The wind screen shown in post #8 is for forward vision. Don't know about roll cage. Don't see much.

Offline Tman

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2012, 10:56:32 PM »
Another update on the HAMB, check the link.

Offline Jenna Fuller

• New folks
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2013, 01:41:28 PM »
Hello!

It's so wonderful to see the interest in Kent Fuller's streamliner through this thread. I just wanted to offer you all an update, and ask for a little help as my grandfather moves into the final phases of his project. We plan to run at Bonneville this August, and your support will be HUGE in bringing this dream to fruition.

I will be launching a Kickstarter campaign in Kent's name mid-March to raise the funds to put the finishing touches on the liner, and if you don't mind passing along the link to friends who might be interested, please do. I will post the Kickstarter link to this thread as soon as the site goes live. Just wanted to get you all in the loop as early as possible.

Thank you so much, in advance, and if you have any questions regarding the project, please feel free to send them my way!

Best,

Jenna

Offline Freud

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2013, 10:22:08 PM »
Welcome Jenna.

You will be royally received on this site and so will Kent's project.

Many people have known him for a long time.

He has a perfect Hot Rodders attitude.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Brootal

• New folks
    • the-rumbler.com
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2013, 07:19:29 AM »
Hello!

It's so wonderful to see the interest in Kent Fuller's streamliner through this thread. I just wanted to offer you all an update, and ask for a little help as my grandfather moves into the final phases of his project. We plan to run at Bonneville this August, and your support will be HUGE in bringing this dream to fruition.

I will be launching a Kickstarter campaign in Kent's name mid-March to raise the funds to put the finishing touches on the liner, and if you don't mind passing along the link to friends who might be interested, please do. I will post the Kickstarter link to this thread as soon as the site goes live. Just wanted to get you all in the loop as early as possible.

Thank you so much, in advance, and if you have any questions regarding the project, please feel free to send them my way!

Best,

Jenna

How fortuitous that I just happen to be heading to Bonneville this August.

Look forward to seeing this in person and catching up with my old friend, Mike Bishop. Mike... hello... where are you? :)
Nostalgia ain't what it used to be!

Offline Tman

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2013, 09:41:06 AM »
Hello!

Best,

Jenna

Look forward to seeing this in person and catching up with my old friend, Mike Bishop. Mike... hello... where are you? :)

About time Boris! You can find me at Tims pit with the Unibody. We will also have a meat and greet

Offline Brootal

• New folks
    • the-rumbler.com
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2013, 06:53:27 PM »
Hello!

Best,

Jenna

About time Boris! You can find me at Tims pit with the Unibody. We will also have a meat and greet

Well... in my defence. I have been to Lake Bonneville before, but it was December and it was well... a LAKE! :)
Nostalgia ain't what it used to be!

Offline dw230

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2013, 09:33:12 PM »
As it happens, my back fence neighbor will be the driver. He has been drafted into making the car legal for SCTA-BNI in order to get the ride.

The car has been looked at by several tech people and suggestions made.  Andy, my neighbor, has started the required mods. In fact just last Wed. he was cutting some tubes, the angle grinder jumped and he cut two fingers and a tendon. Thats the way lsr people do.

Andy, Jan, Joanie and I will be at the Gas Up in case anyone has questions. The car is now in Canga Park, CA. Across the street from Ron Main who has generously offered all the flathead support he can.

Check the post by Jenna, Kent's grand daughter for team info.

Stay tuned,

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Tman

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2013, 01:03:29 AM »
Cool Dan thanks!