Author Topic: Motorcycle Boots  (Read 4334 times)

Offline edinlr

Motorcycle Boots
« on: May 26, 2012, 09:46:25 PM »
I need to get new motorcycle boots this year.  Does anyone have suggestions for boots that are legal and sorta comfortable.  It is hard to get a straight answer in the stores about materials and I really hate to spend a few hundred only to find out the material isn't legal.  I understand that I am looking for the words "unperforated" and "leather", but most companies like to use exotic terms that make it hard to figure what they have.  Thanks for any help.
Honda CX650 turbo, Kawasaki H2 Ninja, Kawasaki ZX750 turbo

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
Re: Motorcycle Boots
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 11:14:01 PM »
Its pretty straight forward.  "Substantial" leather boots at least 8" high.  Lace up, zipper, buckle.  I bought lace up, 8" work boots from Sears that are legal and passed tech last weekend at El Mirage. Affordable to oat $65.
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

Offline sabat

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 11:34:27 PM »
Racing boots will include armor on the shins, heels, and ankles, and resist twisting in a get-off. I found some Sidi boots that have a little vent on the top of the foot and channel air into the boot when underway, which is nice in August.

Offline edinlr

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 01:02:01 AM »
I like the idea of racing boots for the extra protection but will a "little vent" pass tech?  With so many frills on the racing boots and a lot of plastic parts, I am just trying to make sure I get something that's legal.  I hate to be paranoid, but I don't want to be searching for size 14's at a truck stop when my new fancy Italian boots won't pass inspection.

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2012, 01:27:52 AM »
I don't blame you for being paranoid.  I would contact Matt Schuss and get a ruling from him. 
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2012, 11:42:31 AM »
I use Vega race boots, about 125$ or so. They survived a 200mph plus get off. No damage to my feet or lower legs or boots. I continued to use the until I melted one. :cry: But that is another story.
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline sabat

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2012, 09:27:13 PM »
I think any motorcycle racing boot will pass tech. But always email tech to be sure.

Offline edinlr

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 05:09:45 PM »
I found some Joe Rocket Sonic R's on Dennis Kirk for $116.  Heck, I can't even buy Nike's for my kid for that price!  They do not have the vented perforations and are full leather and offer a little more protection than most of the work boots I have looked at.  This might be an idea for anyone else having the same problem I am in their search for gear. 

Offline saltwheels262

• LTA 7/2013
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2012, 07:16:57 PM »
I found some Joe Rocket Sonic R's on Dennis Kirk for $116.  Heck, I can't even buy Nike's for my kid for that price!  They do not have the vented perforations and are full leather and offer a little more protection than most of the work boots I have looked at.  This might be an idea for anyone else having the same problem I am in their search for gear. 

motorcycle-superstore.com has the same boots for 116.99 and free shipping.
joe rocket has really good gear.

cyclegear.com has some really good equipment also. with some smokin deals.
don't know where they got the address, but I've gotten a few catalogs over the last couple months.

franey

bub '07 - 140.293 a/pg   120" crate street mill  
bub '10 - 158.100  sweetooth gear
lta  7/11 -163.389  7/17/11; 3 run avg.-162.450
ohio -    - 185.076 w/#684      
lta 8/14  - 169.xxx. w/sw2           
'16 -- 0 runs ; 0 events

" it's not as easy as it looks. "
                            - franey  8/2007