Author Topic: 600cc Project 200  (Read 102169 times)

landracing

Re: 600cc Project 200
« Reply #165 on: September 04, 2007, 01:53:47 PM »
So if things dont get worse, called this morning to Haltech and Matt had written correctly 1 day air, Saturday delivery, AM service, BUT the shipping department shipping it wrong... they offered an apology... But to bad for me lose all the money for FIM sanction, entry fee's, and mostly missing the meet.

To add to the whole thing, I called this morning to find out what happened, they said DHL delivery services delivered the package at 9:18 AM... Well Ive been sitting here "Patiently" waiting in my garage for a truck to show up, and NO truck has came by yet.. But they said it was delivered to my address... HMMM they are calling now to find out where or what... So NO package yet...

The story continues...

Jon

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #166 on: September 04, 2007, 02:44:50 PM »
But they said it was delivered to my address... HMMM they are calling now to find out where or what... So NO package yet...

The story continues...

Jon

Jon, is your address not Motel 6, Wendover Utah...............
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline narider

• Self Moderating
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #167 on: September 04, 2007, 04:04:57 PM »
Why any company that's been in business more then their first year would ever consider using DHL is beyond my imagination(at least here in many places on the east coast), I would rather hand it to a kid I don't know passing by on a bicycle. I quit ordering from one of our suppliers strictly because they use DHL.
This sucks Jon, sorry to hear.
Todd

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #168 on: September 04, 2007, 09:37:22 PM »
Why any company that's been in business more then their first year would ever consider using DHL is beyond my imagination(at least here in many places on the east coast), I would rather hand it to a kid I don't know passing by on a bicycle. I quit ordering from one of our suppliers strictly because they use DHL.
This sucks Jon, sorry to hear.
Todd

Ditto......i had something come in via them a couple months ago.  it was suppose to be for a tuesday delivery...found out they only deliver to our little town on M-W-F, so thought I would get it wed.....driver got sick and they didn't have a substitute to deliver to us on wed., so it arrived on friday  :roll: ............

Sum

landracing

« Reply #169 on: September 04, 2007, 11:19:32 PM »
Well I finally got the ECU today..

I called DHL and they said they delivered it, a call to Haltech to find out situation and they had already called DHL services and they told them same thing... But wasn't delivered to here... Around 1:30 I finally got it, it was delivered to wrong address... It just had East Arkansas, no East Arkansas Dr.. So a call back to haltech, the guy who does the shipping, Not Matt the Haltech Guru, I asked him how he was supposed to deliver the package on the note from Matt, and it said One Day Air, Saturday Delivery AM service... Ok his first mistake.. Then I asked him what did the note say on the address, he quoted the note and it was perfect, then I asked him, "And what did you put in the shipping address as",,, Ohhh my mistake...  They were also supposed to put in some ECU connector pins which did not happen either..

So I stated I am NOT paying for the service, for one it did not get to my address by 10:30, it was HIS mistake on the labeling address... I asked them what they could do for me, after loosing about a grand in entry fee's, FIM sanction and I missed the meet, he just stated I can't do anything for you.. But sorry... He said what do you want me to take it out of my personal account, well hell yes, SOMEONE has to be responsible for it, because money came out of mine.... The aggravation of this all is sickening.... And Haltech should do something for me,,, Just show a notion that they give a shit, and it was their mistake..

He was to talk to Matt and call me back,, but the phone never rang again from them...

So the new ECU installed and bike runs.. Now just waiting on word for USFRA meet. I had Stainless go on back to Wichita, Kansas... And he will come back around by Sunday for WOS.

Jon

aswracing

« Reply #170 on: September 05, 2007, 07:29:54 AM »
Let's get it on the dyno this weekend. That's the silver lining here, you'll have time to tune it right.

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #171 on: September 05, 2007, 01:19:05 PM »
Jon, see you at the WoS, have a save trip.
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

landracing

« Reply #172 on: August 01, 2008, 10:27:10 PM »
Wow, I looked at the countdown today and there is like 17 days to go before bonneville. So I guess its time to knock the dust and the salt from last year off the bike and start working on it.
Whew time just isn't here for me this year... basically right now im just at bare frame and motor, I did have a to do list for over the winter and early spring but just out of time and I didnt start thinking about the bike till now. I still havent gotten my garage unpacked yet from our move in March.... My race trailer got broken into while I had it outside at the shop so I had to move it to my house, and needless to say Keilani still doesn't have parking spot in the new 3 bay garage.  Lets see in bay number 1 we have boxes, bay number 2 we have a enclosed motorcycle trailer, and bay 3 we have the race bike. hmmm, as per Keilani, "Get your crap out of my garage"... Well I dont have anywhere for my trailer yet.... Wait it gets good, so K and I goto the shop to get some stuff out of the race trailer and when we get there we find all the locks cut off the trailer,,,ooo crap this isnt going to be good. I go inside and all the cabinets are opened, and I look around but I dont find anything gone.... Two sets of leathers, tools, power tools, nitrous kit, water injection kit, boxes of AN fittings etc etc... A closer inspection found only two things missing, one broken motorcycle battery charger and the hitch part of my equalizer hitch assembly.... But they left all the sway bars for the hitch to work.... So anyways we move the trailer to my house, and a 6x12 trailer will fit into a 7' garage going up a incline. You just have to take the wheels off the trailer, and manuver the trailer so the hubs are in the cracks of the cement, a few wheel dollies are your in, the hubs are only a 1/8" off the cement but it went... Well ok not that easy but it did go with less then a 1/4" to spare going inside. A couple pictures of current state of the bike, and a new harness done by Dave Dalhgren, he does exceptional work.
So anyways I guess 15 all nighters i should be ready to go, when is speedweek again.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 10:28:41 PM by landracing »

Offline saltwheels262

• LTA 7/2013
« Reply #173 on: August 04, 2008, 06:48:24 PM »
bike lift looks like one i got from harbor freight.
mine is fine , 1 1/2 yrs. any problems w/ yours?
bub '07 - 140.293 a/pg   120" crate street mill  
bub '10 - 158.100  sweetooth gear
lta  7/11 -163.389  7/17/11; 3 run avg.-162.450
ohio -    - 185.076 w/#684      
lta 8/14  - 169.xxx. w/sw2           
'16 -- 0 runs ; 0 events

" it's not as easy as it looks. "
                            - franey  8/2007

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #174 on: August 04, 2008, 06:55:10 PM »
bike lift looks like one i got from harbor freight.
mine is fine , 1 1/2 yrs. any problems w/ yours?

Yes the bike on it ain't finished.... only 2 weeks left.... get to work Jon....
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #175 on: August 04, 2008, 10:10:31 PM »
Yes the bike on it ain't finished.... only 2 weeks left.... get to work Jon....

Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline saltwheels262

• LTA 7/2013
« Reply #176 on: August 11, 2008, 07:28:33 PM »
it is not done . sorry to distract. will try back
after world finals.
to all going to the salt in 08 - have fun,
go fast, stop safe.

franey
bub '07 - 140.293 a/pg   120" crate street mill  
bub '10 - 158.100  sweetooth gear
lta  7/11 -163.389  7/17/11; 3 run avg.-162.450
ohio -    - 185.076 w/#684      
lta 8/14  - 169.xxx. w/sw2           
'16 -- 0 runs ; 0 events

" it's not as easy as it looks. "
                            - franey  8/2007

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #177 on: August 12, 2008, 08:09:22 PM »
Bill Franey, a Maxton racer, right?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #178 on: August 12, 2008, 08:24:33 PM »
Bill Franey, a Maxton racer, right?

If I have the right guy he's been to Maxton once & I believe with a hard tail which as you can guess didn't work so well! He's more of a Bonneville racer I believe just not as frequent to the meets as most. And his wife makes KILLER cookies!!!! We miss her!  :-D

Deb
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

landracing

« Reply #179 on: August 13, 2008, 03:02:11 AM »
Ok so not so ready yet... Getting close, Stainless is picking up a last few items for me on Wednesday.... Wednesday is going to be a down day, I have to work and im getting a little present in the afternoon (like a kid in a candy store) so that will take up all my time on Wednesday... But im off on Thursday... havent even gotten to the trailer yet. Did someone say Speedweek is coming soon?

Jon