Author Topic: 600cc Project 200  (Read 102159 times)

Offline smcleod007

Re: 600cc Project 200
« Reply #150 on: August 31, 2007, 09:51:48 PM »
Cool looking project! Good Luck at BUB.

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #151 on: September 01, 2007, 02:46:31 AM »
Jon,

Good luck at Bubs, call me if you need anything shipped Fed Ex tomorrow or later.

Your bike is well a head of mine, if I had the bodywork here I would at least jet out with the side car.

Good luck and racers go fast.

J

Offline Stainless Two

• newest member of the 199.9 club :)
    • MySpace Page
« Reply #152 on: September 01, 2007, 03:29:48 AM »
If this is paying your dues, you are building up a charmed season soon.   Nothing good ever comes easy, and that is a good thing.  It makes the accomplishment that much sweeter, my friend  (plus you have good help and great company to share it with :)

Thanks for keeping those of us who are BUB challenged in the loop on the progress and good luck and top speed, baby!  Hope to see ya at worlds.

Look at my new RED HAT!!!!

#278 1000CC APS-G 208.959MPH record
209.093 mph best time

pit bitch to #1000 Bockscar

Proud to be a Texan!  in San Antonio

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #153 on: September 01, 2007, 10:23:54 AM »
Wow Jon, I'm impressed.  I would have given up a couple days ago, but then again you are a lot younger than I. 

I think you are going the right way to improve the handling.  I'll be interested to see if Stainless's fin helps or not.  Good idea to try it. The back wheel skirt will also help to move the CP back and will probably help with the speed also.  After last year it looks like you have the HP to get to your goals if the handling comes around.

Good luck and stay safe,

Sum

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #154 on: September 01, 2007, 12:16:58 PM »
i think moving the weight from the back to up front and replacing that shock is the best thing you could have done. all that weight up high out back is like having a fat chick go along for the ride..
kent

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #155 on: September 01, 2007, 02:45:28 PM »
I supervised an FIM World 24hr Endurance
record and one of the modifications they made was to fit a beautiful aluminum extra fuel tank on the rear hump in the low pressure area behind the rider.
It was not very large and only weighed slightly over 8 pounds when full.
They just put a T in the supply line and vented the tank forward to the area behind the fairing.
The result was the tank never drained until they were stopped and made the bike handle so bad on the 5 mile circle that they rode it 1 handed to limit the natural feedback from the rider that is always late.
Not until a crack developed in a seam did it empty onto the riders back did the handling improve and it got even faster when the took the empty tank off. :wink:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

landracing

« Reply #156 on: September 01, 2007, 06:00:49 PM »
Landracing.com will NOT be at the event. There will be no updates, pictures or commentary from this site for the event. A shipping error from Haltech for a needed ECU for our race bike was not tagged properly for delivery. It was to be shipped overnight Saturday delivery with AM service and it was shipped just overnight and with Holiday on Monday means we won't get it till Tuesday... So with that we will not be attending... Im going to go puke now because this just makes me sick...

jon

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #157 on: September 01, 2007, 07:05:55 PM »
Landracing.com will NOT be at the event. There will be no updates, pictures or commentary from this site for the event. A shipping error from Haltech for a needed ECU for our race bike was not tagged properly for delivery. It was to be shipped overnight Saturday delivery with AM service and it was shipped just overnight and with Holiday on Monday means we won't get it till Tuesday... So with that we will not be attending... Im going to go puke now because this just makes me sick...

jon

Jon,

I am sorry to hear this bad news! I have been watching with a close eyes in hope that you achieve your desired speeds and really thought with your new changes since Speedweek it was going to happen.

There is always WOS.......

Scott

landracing

« Reply #158 on: September 01, 2007, 07:15:58 PM »
Still looking and calling if ANYBODY runs a Haltech E11 Box, looking to get one to me in the next day or so, could pick up on way to the Salt in Utah I could be a player, I got calls in to a bunch of shops and people to see if there is one local...

Jon

landracing

« Reply #160 on: September 01, 2007, 08:13:22 PM »
Finding a Haltech is not a problem, RZ350, its getting it here with a holiday weekend... Are you going to personally deliver????

Jon

Offline hotrod

• Black Horse photo
« Reply #161 on: September 01, 2007, 08:33:15 PM »
Wow Jon, sorry to hear about that mix up!

Sounds like you need to hook up an emergency transport system to get it here.
Years ago when I worked in emergency services we would sometimes move critical items by relay.
Just get a bunch of people who could each move the item a couple hundred miles and physically hand it off to another. You can move things about 1500 miles a day that way if you can setup the connections.
Anyone know any private pilots that might be flying from one of those locations to the Denver Area?
Or a long haul truck driver that is going to make that sort of trip anyway?

Hope you can work something out!
When is the "must be here no later than time" for you to be able to participate?
Could you meet the part in Wendover if someone could get it there?

Larry
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 08:36:47 PM by hotrod »

landracing

« Reply #162 on: September 01, 2007, 08:46:58 PM »
If I could find something within a few hundred miles of wendover, Ack Attack has offered their Plane to go get the ECU IF I can find somebody with one... If I can find somebody with one, plane counter to counter shipping would be fastest to get it here. I could meet someone on the way to wendover from Denver if need be. I just need to locate one first a deal with an agreement or arrangement then getting it to me will figure it self out.. Hopefully something Sunday would be good.

Jon

Offline hotrod

• Black Horse photo
« Reply #163 on: September 01, 2007, 08:57:40 PM »
Good luck with that -- I will keep an eye on this thread,  I could do a short relay if you can get it with in 150 or so miles of Denver, I get off work at 06:00 Sunday morning and would be willing to go get it if I can.

Larry

Offline RZ350

« Reply #164 on: September 01, 2007, 09:35:40 PM »
Yeah, I know what you're saying Jon, I was just hoping that someone might be in the area of one of the ECU's, and be on the way to BUB, and be able to pick it up and bring it along...

Longshot, but wishful thinking.
238 MPH at Bonneville