Author Topic: 600cc Project 200  (Read 102181 times)

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
600cc Project 200
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2006, 03:50:57 PM »
Alright, Joe,

than it will be not a problem.

When I saw the body kits the first time on the salt, also later, I checked with my hands - always it was possible to go with the hand inside the rear fender - so it was from the wheel side a open box - which it's agianst all aero rules - what ever this people thought, it was not right.

Jon did't gave a comment on my paint work idea :wink:
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline bbb

• Aerodynamically Challenged
  • JorNic Motorsports
    • JorNic Motorsports, Charlottesville, Va.
600cc Project 200
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2006, 04:36:07 PM »
Quote from: landracing
Quote from: bbb
is that MXL instrumentation I see on top there?
looks like it is coming along well.
what turbo system are you running?

bbb,

We made and developing the turbo system....

yes that is a AIM MXL Dash unit.. Very slick unit..
I like the alarm function outputs, and shift lights, and very bright display to glance at... End of runs or datalogging you have all kinds of interpolated data, caparisions, etc etc...

Jon

I am waiting for the plug and play version to come out later this summer for the Busa. I am electronically challenged and plug and play is something even I can master. I have a demo version of their software. logging will be very easy compared to a couple of other digi dash units.
cant really beat it price wise for all of the functions. much better price function-for-function than the Racepak unit.

landracing

600cc Project 200
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2006, 04:57:29 PM »
Pork Pie,

I will pass on the paint job you suggest... Thanks for the interesting insight however.

Yes my wheel is cover all the way around under the tail plus some...

Be interesting on what you will have to say when you see it in person...

I do have a new front fender coming and we will see how that looks on there in comparison, and give it a try,,, If I need less HP then I estimate I need from my estimated, CdA number, then I would suggest it worked  :):):)

Jon

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
600cc Project 200
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2006, 05:13:40 PM »
Be interesting on what you will have to say when you see it in person...

....More, I will see you at 200 at the track....and not in this very comfortable - relax - 100 mph - touring position, I got you once on the slide... :D

I will use some of my time to see your bike properly in the pits, big promise.
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline firemanjim

600cc Project 200
« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2006, 01:59:08 AM »
Ah,we have the bike to knock Jon's 600 off the block--
wishful thinking,but did get my son's Bonneville playbike back today.It's an FJ-600 Yamaha and just had new turbo hung and new plenum fabbed.Looks good and should be a blast. I call it the Franken-Yammie as it has donor parts from the FJ, a turbo Seca,front end from a Suzuki TL,etc.
Bonneville 2001,2002,2003,2004,and NO stinking 2005,DLRA 2006, next?
Well,sure can't complain about 2008--6 records over 200 and 5 hats from Bonneville,Bubs, and El Mirage for the team!

landracing

600cc Project 200
« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2006, 01:14:08 AM »
Well a few more items done and a few more to go.

Here is some stuff we just did today... New Fuel Tank, Nice bracket for airshifter, got wiring ready to go, just waiting on fuel injection stuff to finish... And then we can plumb the rest of the intercooler and fuel system stuff...

Trying hard to get er done... My goal is to be on dyno around August 1... We will see if that happens.

About 20 or more new pictures on the picture gallery http://www.landracing.com/gallery/index.php?cat=63
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 02:33:43 AM by landracing »

Offline hawkwind

600cc Project 200
« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2006, 07:09:57 AM »
well done Jon well done ,do me proud mate ,or you get a dirty sancheze :P
Gary
slower than most

landracing

600cc Project 200
« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2006, 04:24:46 PM »
Hawk,

Well things are going but NOT everything here yet to finish the project...

Im praying things will be here in middle of week,,,, but hey it's Bonneville and no matter if you plan a year ahead still a freakin circus to get it done in time for bonneville.

Hmm now what am I going to do tonight,,,, I need sleep.... Ok not yet...

Jon

Offline mtkawboy

600cc Project 200
« Reply #68 on: July 24, 2006, 07:26:26 PM »
Is Joes bike all ready to go?

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
600cc Project 200
« Reply #69 on: July 25, 2006, 12:49:12 AM »
Quote from: mtkawboy
Is Joes bike all ready to go?

Not at this time....

landracing

600cc Project 200
« Reply #70 on: July 31, 2006, 01:45:35 AM »
Well I got close to being done. I was about 98 complete. When I started plumbing the fuel system. I had bought a bosch pump from a guy who was in need of cash... I paid for it, and got it shipped and it sat on the counter until I was ready for it... I put it in and went to test the fuel system and it just clunked. Just once... So I put an amp meter on it and it went straight to 16-20 amps, heated the pump up so it was pretty hot to the touch and got the wiring hot... I called the guy back and he just had said it worked last time I used it... I asked if it was tested before shipping and the answer was no... No offer to return it for a refund... No sympathy... Just It worked when I used it... Well shit, now I have to pay preium price to get one here like 1 or 2 day air... Since im out the $125 for pump, which I had given an extra $25 because he needed the money.. He was asking $100...

I went and played pool, which I shot like crap... But I came back and decided since the pump was not going to work, and probably no chance to give it back I decided to take it apart to inspect and find out what the problem was... Below are the pictures of what I found...

Now I can throw it away and move on for now a pump which will cost close to $500, for a new pump, overnight shipping, cost of old pump and more stress.. And instead of being on the dyno like Tuesday night im probably looking now to reschedule for Friday, which not leaves me zero time for error.

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
600cc Project 200
« Reply #71 on: July 31, 2006, 09:48:51 AM »
Quote from: landracing
Well I got close to being done. I was about 98 complete. When I started plumbing the fuel system. I had bought a bosch pump from a guy who was in need of cash... I paid for it, and got it shipped and it sat on the counter until I was ready for it... I put it in and went to test the fuel system and it just clunked. Just once... So I put an amp meter on it and it went straight to 16-20 amps, heated the pump up so it was pretty hot to the touch and got the wiring hot... I called the guy back and he just had said it worked last time I used it... I asked if it was tested before shipping and the answer was no... No offer to return it for a refund... No sympathy... Just It worked when I used it... Well shit, now I have to pay preium price to get one here like 1 or 2 day air... Since im out the $125 for pump, which I had given an extra $25 because he needed the money.. He was asking $100...

I went and played pool, which I shot like crap... But I came back and decided since the pump was not going to work, and probably no chance to give it back I decided to take it apart to inspect and find out what the problem was... Below are the pictures of what I found...

Now I can throw it away and move on for now a pump which will cost close to $500, for a new pump, overnight shipping, cost of old pump and more stress.. And instead of being on the dyno like Tuesday night im probably looking now to reschedule for Friday, which not leaves me zero time for error.

John,

I have a pump if you still need it, you can use it if needed, you did not call back last night so I did not take it from the garage.

Did you do that "search" I recommended ?

Let me know.

John

landracing

600cc Project 200
« Reply #72 on: July 31, 2006, 10:44:44 AM »
Thanks John, I did do a search and alot of places come up with the pumps. There are many different versions of the pump. There is a bosch 044, Bosch 040 and the one that crapped out before I got to use is a bosch 984. The 984 I found fits on early style mercedes so I called a local mercedes place this morning and found they do have it in stock... Cool im on the way to pick it up now...

Still frustrated,

Jon

landracing

600cc Project 200
« Reply #73 on: July 31, 2006, 08:17:29 PM »
Got pump this morning and got rest of fuel system plummed. Got intercooler stuff done.. Getting closer...

Pics below are of the cam sensor that we made, and pics of sensor installed, and the bike getting closer..

Jon
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 02:34:24 AM by landracing »

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
600cc Project 200
« Reply #74 on: July 31, 2006, 08:42:27 PM »
Man Jon you have done a ton of work and engineering.  I'm really impressed :!:  and can't wait to see it.  I'll have some questions about the intercooler and lots more.

The only question I have for right now.  Is there still room on there for you somewhere :wink: ???

c ya soon,

Sum