Author Topic: 600cc Project 200  (Read 102156 times)

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
Re: 600cc Project 200
« Reply #135 on: August 05, 2007, 06:34:28 PM »
hey it looks like someone lost a perfectly good swing set so you can build that exhaust..lol... see ya in a week
kent

landracing

« Reply #136 on: August 05, 2007, 06:40:19 PM »
http://www.landracing.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=142

This is a link to the pictures for this year so far for my project.

Jon

landracing

« Reply #137 on: August 05, 2007, 06:42:10 PM »
hey it looks like someone lost a perfectly good swing set so you can build that exhaust..lol... see ya in a week
kent

Yeah HOA was pissed, portable sawsall works well... Next door kids were giving me evil eye as a reved the motor...

Jon

landracing

« Reply #138 on: August 05, 2007, 06:54:12 PM »
I hope this is my bread and butter for this year.

Jon

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #139 on: August 05, 2007, 07:00:27 PM »
Looks good Jon. It should make a difference.

Pete

Offline wolcottjl

« Reply #140 on: August 05, 2007, 07:49:06 PM »

Yeah HOA was pissed, portable sawsall works well... Next door kids were giving me evil eye as a reved the motor...

Jon

I know that feeling.  My HOA does not like me either.  :-D
Joel Wolcott
Moving to 2 wheels in 2010

Offline gazza414

« Reply #141 on: August 07, 2007, 06:34:42 PM »
 Good luck Jon, be safe ..I'm sure you'll see 200mph this year :mrgreen:
1 FAST HAYABUSA 217.443mph so far
9 Official Timeslips over 200mph
Very much the apprentice

landracing

« Reply #142 on: August 18, 2007, 09:42:40 PM »
Well not actually super excited about speedweek.. I did set some records but not what the project is about. I made many passes all with same outcome, handling problems in in 185-190 stopped further speeds from me... All these passes were done with less then 40% throttle. Then I threw a rod on a return run on a 185 qualifier.
So I am back to the drawing board, before I tore the bike down I wanted to get some CG info... I had tied to the rafters in garage and didn't look to promising, so I had the wife help and had her sit on the bike. Just in case I had her wear a helmet... She looks less then pleased with the setup, but she participated anyways.... After I got the info I wanted I tore the whole bike down and I am rethinking what I need to do here.  New motor is a for sure thing, then im going to go thru the rest of the chassis bearings and start putting back together... Only 2 weeks before I leave for BUB's... I see new body work, some suspension stuff, and who knows what else...
The front fender was worth approx 10 mph for me, I took off early in week and I still had same problems on handling, so I will use it again in future.

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #143 on: August 18, 2007, 11:15:06 PM »
Good luck at BUB and keep us posted on your progress.

Scott

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #144 on: August 20, 2007, 03:48:38 PM »
40% throttle and you threw a rod, what happened?

Offline Harold Bettes

• Firebase High Country
« Reply #145 on: August 20, 2007, 06:48:17 PM »
I noticed in the closeup engine pic that it looked like both rod bolts were broken. Were they broken in tensile? How do you tighten the fasteners on the rods with a stretch gage? :?

There is a guy at GRP there in Denver named Brian Scolon. He is a savvy guy and could help you with the analysis on the fasteners and rod(s). :-D

Also thanks for keeping us "stay at home" folks informed during speedweek. That was great work for all. :wink:

Regards,
HB2 :-)

And that rolls past 1500.  :roll:
If it was easy, everybody would be doing it.

As iron sharpens iron, one man sharpens another.

landracing

« Reply #146 on: August 20, 2007, 09:14:02 PM »
Analysis is an afterthought right now. The rod installation procedure was a weird one, it was just as the Carrillo sheet instructions were followed. There were a few steps in the process. I suspect an oiling problem on the #3 rod, spun a bearing and it broke. The other rods are perfect. Bearings look great... The number three rod that broke, is severe bluing around the end of the rod, tells me heat... Which is why I suspect an oiling problem there.

I will look at it more at later date, right now is a full throttle grind for BUB's, we will leave Friday night the 31st to get there for inspection on Saturday.

Another motor is under way, this time will be stock rods with JE Pistons. A new suspension, or upgraded Suspension is in works. New shock in place and waiting on front end stuff which is already shipped to me. The shock I put in was almost a direct bolt on, it is from a 02 ZZR1200... Will go in more later on why it was changed...

Waiting on new body work that will be installed for BUB's.  Now is just inspection of everything else... And start going back together in a day or so.

Why does is take 2 hours to get back to bare frame, and 2 weeks to put back together... Arhhh

« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 09:18:21 PM by landracing »

Super Kaz

« Reply #147 on: August 21, 2007, 11:34:56 AM »
Analysis is an afterthought right now. The rod installation procedure was a weird one, it was just as the Carrillo sheet instructions were followed. There were a few steps in the process. I suspect an oiling problem on the #3 rod, spun a bearing and it broke. The other rods are perfect. Bearings look great... The number three rod that broke, is severe bluing around the end of the rod, tells me heat... Which is why I suspect an oiling problem there.

I will look at it more at later date, right now is a full throttle grind for BUB's, we will leave Friday night the 31st to get there for inspection on Saturday.

Another motor is under way, this time will be stock rods with JE Pistons. A new suspension, or upgraded Suspension is in works. New shock in place and waiting on front end stuff which is already shipped to me. The shock I put in was almost a direct bolt on, it is from a 02 ZZR1200... Will go in more later on why it was changed...

Waiting on new body work that will be installed for BUB's.  Now is just inspection of everything else... And start going back together in a day or so.

Why does is take 2 hours to get back to bare frame, and 2 weeks to put back together... Arhhh

Try 2 years :x!Now I have Salt Gremlin's in my electrical from my Lake ride in 04 :-( Gotta do some serious rewiring :?!Will we even  have course at BUB in a couple weeks? :?

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #148 on: August 27, 2007, 09:37:59 PM »
Jon, I think you need a stabilizer... like this  :roll:  :-D
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

landracing

« Reply #149 on: August 31, 2007, 08:39:55 PM »
Well let me tell you it was some grind to get to this point from speedweek... Let me recap speedweek, I threw number #3 rod, and had bad handling problems... Well it gets worse.
First thing back, strip whole bike down to frame. Check all bearings, good. Installed new aftermarket zzr1200 shock... It mounts the whole bike to low, have to machine some spacers for it to bring it back up to height.. Without that exhaust, body, nothing fits... Ok now string alignment, found it off, machine some spacers finally get it right... Put a whole new motor together. I got motor in the bike and a drop the bike off the lift, Broken shifter, broken coil, broken stator cover, busted fuel pump nipple. Joe one day airs me his fuel pump and coils.  Now onto the handling problem, CG and CP too close together.. Stainless get a vertical stabilizer finished and we just finally mounted it. I got a air diverter mounted in front of the rear tire. We moved some more weight forward and remove a little from the rear of the bike. Then I mounted a new steering dampener and mount in different location.   WAIT gets worse. We get all the electronics back on the bike, we goto start bike, I hooked up two four pin weatherpack connectors to the wrong mates (other words I had two connectors wired the same way).... HERE IS THE FUN, blown Computer, I run the Haltech E11 box, also when I shorted that I also shorted the MSD Ignition box... I had a spare MSD, but NO Haltech.. Called haltech and $1400 later and overnight shipping, Saturday delivery, AM service I should have it in morning. SO we are running very late, and wont be arriving on the salt until Sunday morning now... Still have to run motor, dont even know if it runs. Anyways we are close, just waiting on the Haltech Box Saturday morning... Install and if no clunk clunk bang bang we are on the road by 12:00..

This was one grind I dont want to do again in two weeks time for another meet...

« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 03:07:37 AM by landracing »