Author Topic: WANTED - Ford 9" Gears with a 2.69 Ratio  (Read 20216 times)

Offline fastman614

Re: WANTED - Ford 9" Gears with a 2.69 Ratio
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2012, 03:06:53 AM »
Sorry, Fastman.  Major fail on my part.  I bought the 2.69 third member as part of a lot of other stuff a while back and never actually counted the teeth to make sure.  It’s definitely NOT a 2.69.  Guess I shouldn’t have believed the 2.69 written on the carrying case without checking for sure. It’s a 31 spline, anyway.

So much for the Canadian beer…. :-(
Gary

Don't let not being able to help us out stop you from saying hello.... We have a policy of NOT allowing drunkenness to take place in our pit area.... but we DO share beers.... and I know that even though the beer up here has higher alcohol content, 3 point whatever up to 5 point whatever pct, one or two Canadian beers WON'T be allowing drunkenness to take place....

And BTW, Tony (maguromic) provided a link to a guy in Ohio who has (just) a gearset .... I can get them from him landed on the west coast for about $70 total price including shipping. Finding a 3rd member in good shape would be easier though....

Also, I was not correct about the tooth counts. The guy in Ohio, who claims some knowledge of Ford gear ratios, said that the tooth count is 35 to 13 on the set that he has - he said that Ford MAY have made that ratio with other tooth counts but he has never seen any other tooth counts. (I originally thought and replied that the counts would be 43 to 16)
No s*** sticks to the man wearing a teflon suit.

Offline fastman614

Re: WANTED - Ford 9" Gears with a 2.69 Ratio
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2012, 01:09:20 AM »
I just thought I would update this and say that we now have the 2.69 gearset in our hands.... they are in really good condition.... But with the Canada/US Border thrown in between, the $24 cost of International priority mailing of a $70 M/O.... the cost of the gears went to around $94.00.....still A LOT cheaper than having them made custom! :-)
No s*** sticks to the man wearing a teflon suit.