Author Topic: Ride Annie Ride II - Charity ride by motorcyclists/land speed racers  (Read 1708 times)

Offline Rocky R

• Author/Land Speed Racing Site
Ride Annie Ride originated a couple of years ago to help Annie Goeden, a 28 year old mom with a 3 1/2 year old son, Jake. She had Osteosarcoma, a form of bone cancer and was already in the late stages of the disease and had her left leg amputated at the hip. She'd never been on the back of a motorcycle and my wife and I told her we'd gather a couple friends and take her for a quick spin. Well, 99 motorcycles thundered down her street along with the Channel 10 news and 2 local newspapers. We took her around the Sutter Buttes and ended with a barbecue at Sam Brannan Park in Yuba City where people could mingle and get to know Annie and Jake better. The ride was a huge success, and all the proceeds went directly to helping Annie and her family.

Annie is no longer with us but the ride continues in her name. This year 11 year old Hayden Elliott, also a victim of this horrible disease, (who recently had his leg amputated bleow the knee) will be taking the ride and will be the recipient of the proceeds from this year's event. Hayden's mom, Megan, also has cancer, but is a real fighter and a bundle of energy and sweetness, and is helping Hayden make it through this difficult time. If any of you can make the ride, or would like to donate to Hayden and his family, please contact me at: rockjok6@sbcglobal.net 

Enjoy the ride...

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Ahh, Rocky -- you and Tricia certainly know how to help folks in a fun way.  Thanks for your efforts.  As I've said before - if there's something Nancy and I can do to help you -- let us know.  In the meantime - please keep this Forum apprised of the progress of the Ride Annie Ride ride.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline V8Pinto

Re: Ride Annie Ride II - Charity ride by motorcyclists/land speed racers
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 09:00:03 PM »
I went on the Ride Annie Ride II and it was a blast.  A friend of mine went on his metric cruiser and I rode a GSXR1000 LSR bike.  We had a big breakfast, met up with the crowd in the park.  Everybody was super nice and talked bikes until Rocky rode in with the Grass Valley troop.  After a brief organizational meeting describing the route and the reason for our being there, we all saddled up and rode out of town for a great trip around the Sutter Buttes.  The towns of Marysville and Yuba City that we rode through are your typical smaller suburban towns and I have to tell you - There is something cool about rolling through town with a hundred or more thundering Harleys three lanes wide with everybody letting you roll on through the lights.  It gave me the giggles inside my helmet.  I want to do it again. 
Shane
V8 Pinto on juice
Hayabusa on the brain
Twin-Turbo F150 4x4