Author Topic: Wasted Willie Glass  (Read 6398 times)

Offline Joe Timney

• Delaware Chassis Works
Wasted Willie Glass
« on: May 14, 2012, 10:07:41 AM »
Willie Glass passed away yesterday, following a brain injury from a fall down the stairs at his home this passed week. Arrangements have not been confirmed at this time. I'm sure he is sitting with Zora Arkus-Duntov, telling him how he SHOULD have built the Ardun heads! And Doug King would be sitting along side agreeing with Willie.
Joe Timney
Retired President of ECTA
President of Delaware Chassis Works
President of FIREFOX Fire Suppression System
www.delawarechassisworks.com

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Re: Wasted Willie Glass
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 10:22:02 AM »
Willie, RIP. We will miss you :cry:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline flatheadnut

• New folks
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 04:43:16 PM »
OUR Friend, Wasted Willie Glass:   My husband, Kenny Kloth kept saying that he was going to call you on the phone because he haden't heard from you for some time and loved the hour converations which you both had from time to time. They always had the work "FLATHEAD" and 'ARDUN' in the subject manner. We will miss you dearly, but will see you again in the here-after.  Kenny and Barbara Kloth

Offline theresa

• New folks
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 07:59:45 PM »
i am going to miss willie a lot  :cry:

Offline fatfender

• New folks
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 08:42:43 PM »
God speed Willie, a friend, a competitor, and icon of what Bonneville is about. See you where the Cherry Juice is sweetest.
Ed

Offline Kiwi Paul

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2012, 12:35:18 AM »
I hung out witth Willie a few years ago when he was still piloting the Roadster. He was talking then about having EJ drive for him when the `big` engine was in the car....He was a great character, a wealth of information, opinion and loved life.....Farewell, Willie--you`ll be able to pilot that `big` engine now..

Offline landsendlynda

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 08:26:40 PM »
Every year Willie would call me to make sure he had a spot to leave his trailer at Land's End (so that he could be first in line when we opened the salt), and every year the answer was the same..."I've reserved a spot for your trailer, Willie, it's right in front of my motorhome!"  His answer was always the same too, "Thankya Suga' I'll be seein' ya in a few days!  Take care now, ya hear?"

This year, the space will be there for you Willie, just like I promised.  I'm really going to miss you!  God Speed.

Lynda
Volunteer roadblock at Land's End! Yes, you need your stinkin badge! I'm your Dream Keeper, I protect your dream on the asphalt so you can chase your dream on the salt!

Offline theresa

• New folks
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2012, 10:21:46 PM »
Willie's obituary should be in the Richmond Times tomorrow. I understand that family visitation will be 9-8 thursday, and the funeral will be held friday at 11 am at the Fairmount Christian Church, Mechanicsville VA.

Offline Dean Los Angeles

Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.