Author Topic: 34 coupe body  (Read 9893 times)

Offline fastman614

Re: 34 coupe body
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2012, 02:05:01 AM »
Having a friend who, along with his now late father, were into the vintage and NOT the hotrod end of early iron, I know that anything that is in really good condition often gets snapped up by purists (vintage restorers) who, in this part of Canada, seem to have either huge bank balances or huge real estate backed lines of credit - or both!....

.....and we hotrodders would happily go and purchase brand new repro stuff at (,sometimes, much) lower prices......
No s*** sticks to the man wearing a teflon suit.

Offline Tman

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2012, 11:45:03 AM »
Yeah, the stuff many of us have been working with was usually thought of as unsaveable by the restorer crowd. But, the fact is the restorers are dying off.

Offline NS_Rider

• New folks
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2012, 07:36:43 PM »
Only 111 miles from my house...too bad I'm not talented enough to tackle a project like that.

McRat

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2012, 08:04:55 PM »
Wow.  That's what we call Theft Recovery + Jewish Lightning + "Needs TLC".

Offline Rob

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2012, 10:56:17 PM »
Jewish Lightning?? That's a new one on me..

Offline fastman614

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2012, 11:48:23 PM »
Only 111 miles from my house...too bad I'm not talented enough to tackle a project like that.

NS_Rider.... if you have an entrepreneurial streak, you could use some "Jewish Lightning" during the deal-making process and try and turn over a profit....
No s*** sticks to the man wearing a teflon suit.

McRat

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2012, 10:37:44 AM »
Jewish Lightning?? That's a new one on me..

Yeah, that was not politically correct, sorry.  It's arson to collect the insurance money, especially with businesses, but can apply to houses, cars, and boats as well.  Horses "get sick", arson looks too suspicious.

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2012, 12:42:28 PM »
That was a term used in New York for frequent suspicious fires in loft buildings when the owners were in financial difficulties.
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline Rob

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2012, 10:04:22 PM »
Ok, now I'm with the program.

Down here it's more commonly termed a "Jewish stocktake" when referring to a business. Neither as you say are PC nowdays.

Cheers,
Rob

Offline Koncretekid

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2012, 03:54:47 PM »
Coincidentally, I was within about 20 miles of that car just last Saturday night.  Had I known about it then, I would have tried to convince "she who makes the decisions" to make the side trip to have a look.  Although, after just having driven 44 hours from Colorado, we were quite anxious to get home.  We are in Yarmouth, about 250 miles from Sherbrooke. Normally we would have taken the ferry from St. John, N.B. to Digby, N.S, but we missed it by 9 minutes, so decided to drive around, visiting friends in that area Saturday night before finishing the drive on Sunday.  Of course, I would have to put about 8 bikes out in the weather to bring that in to work on it.  And I really don't like bodywork as well as wrenching.
Tom
We get too soon oldt, and too late schmart!
Life's uncertain - eat dessert first!