Author Topic: PHOTO PROBLEM  (Read 4606 times)

Offline bigdaddyusmc

PHOTO PROBLEM
« on: May 08, 2012, 03:25:03 PM »
Hello
I have a thread in Build Diaries ,I was using photobucket.com to host the photos. Don't know what happened  :? but some of the photo I had posted on my thread were deleted from photobucket & they are no longer on my threat. I want to repost these photos. but I can't figure out how to edit old posts so I can repost the photos.
My Build thread is BAGNELL & CHENOWTH 2011 Bonneville Speedweek CX500TC TURBO
BAGNELL BAGGO CHENOWTH RACING

Offline Tman

Re: PHOTO PROBLEM
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 05:51:20 PM »
You may be bumping up against your data limit at Photobucket. Might have to go to PB Pro or you will keep losing posted shots.

They way this board is set-up, Slim has a time limit on modifying posts. Makes it hard to go back and corrrect mistakes or make additions IMHO :?

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 06:29:11 PM »
First of all, indeed - the PB limit might have snuck up on you, Big Daddy.  The pro PB subscription is $25/yr -- and it's what I use.

I've go the edit-allowed timer set for 4 hours because we've had quite a few occasions when someone will make a nasty or cranky post, start an argument, and then go back and remove his original post so he could try to claim innocence.  For those that have a legitimate issue with modifying an old post -- I've helped out 'cause with the control board here I can help.  Let me know when you find the problem.  Sounds like either PB was full -- or they decided something in the photos was inappropriate for their site. :? :?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline bigdaddyusmc

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 07:19:59 PM »
Slim
I have the PRO PB Subscription & I can still upload photos to PB, So I don't think  a up load limit being reached was the problem.
All of the photos on my PB are of race cars & motorcycles. So I don't think the problem was the photos were removed because of the content of the photos.

I sent a email to PB to see if they are having  problems with their site. I'm waiting for them to reply.

I talked with a  geek friend of mine that is a computer tech for a major company. He is my go to guy when I have internet or computer problems. He said that photo buckets system may have sneezed & dumped some photos. He said that is does happen sometimes

What can be done to allow me to re-post those photos again & when can we do it.
There are only about a dozen photo that need to be re-posted again to landspeed, It wouldn't take me more than a houror 2 to get it done once the pages are unlocked & All I want to do is re-post the photos.

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 07:51:45 PM »
PM sent.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline bigdaddyusmc

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 10:22:58 PM »
PM reply sent  :cheers:

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2012, 09:34:27 AM »
Correct me if I am wrong all you CG's but if there is an image in the link specified the forum will go get it....

With that said, that is why I hate photobucket for forums, images disappear.... get bumped off the end of the line unless you pay them for the bandwidth.  Look around at the old threads on this site.... lots of Xs where pictures used to be.
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2012, 09:51:54 AM »
Thanks Stainless. My sentiments exactly. I've been biting my tongue for far too long.  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Pete

Offline bobc

• Administrator
    • South Mt. Web Design
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2012, 08:59:22 PM »
Well, I got my Intertubes back, our service has been down since Monday.  Argh. 

bigdaddyusmc, get with me directly, bob@southmtpages.com, we'll get your stuff back up.

The Web Elf
Web Elf

Offline bigdaddyusmc

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2012, 09:57:57 PM »
BOBC
Everything is good now
Slim got the problem fixed. Thanks for all your help