Author Topic: D/PRO  (Read 14499 times)

Offline Jardine

• New folks
Re: D/PRO
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2012, 09:33:26 PM »
I did the roll eyes thing. It's just a joke. I'm pretty humble and understand what I'm up against.

Are you the Jardine in the Wyo group on the HAMB?
Yes.
Not to many cubes NA running in thin air, with a box stock body. Like 55 says that is pretty stout record.

I would think you would need a killer small block to blow that record out of the water, Good Luck Jardine

Don
That's what I like about it.
plans are changed. thanks for the heads up.

No sweat. I'm glad I saved you the trouble :cheers: :cheers:
Probably gonna strip it next week. And start the cage and whatnot. I'm concerned about the chrome fender flares. Probably take those off to. Thinkin I'll pedal them on ebay.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 09:37:46 PM by Jardine »
some of the fastest and quickest headers in the country and maybe Trans-Ams in the tri-state area

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2012, 09:47:41 PM »
. I'm concerned about the chrome fender flares. Probably take those off to. Thinkin I'll pedal them on ebay.

Got ten bucks here says a guy in a muscle shirt and a blow-wave picks them up, give him five minutes and he'll tell ya music was never the same after DLR left Van Halen.

It's a start. My plan is to blow the D/Pro record out of the water :roll:. Goal is to have this car done for 2013 speed week and maybe some dry lakes stuff too. So if your thinking of building a D/PRO car you had better change your plans

That's a "balls on yer sleeve" opener...you won't hear much from us special construction peeps and the roadster crew will taper off,eventually, but there's some people with /Pro cars here that'll keep you honest, trust me.

Net connection must be down at the Langlo's :roll:
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline jl222

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2012, 10:10:03 PM »

Just out mowin all the weeds and tall grass on the ranch before it gets to dry and Calif Fire gets on my case.

D/pro is a ways off from our class, but if you want to here about grimlins got a couple of hrs :-P

Last year, in line, engine would not start. Cause, oil leaking from guage onto relay switch.

Year before, core plug pops out of back of head, of couse have to take off head to fix.

AND after 20+ years still trying to get a time slip over 300 mph :-D

JL222 :cheers:

Offline Geo

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2012, 11:19:19 PM »
AND after 20+ years still trying to get a time slip over 300 mph
jl222 I've been following you for the past 4 years and enjoying every minute.  You are getting close and I'm rooting for you!

Well Jardine, looking forward to the build. Show us what you've got!

Geo

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2012, 11:41:25 PM »
AND after 20+ years still trying to get a time slip over 300 mph
jl222 I've been following you for the past 4 years and enjoying every minute.  You are getting close and I'm rooting for you!

Well Jardine, looking forward to the build. Show us what you've got!

Geo

+ dat. Show and ask. nuthun better than a free education.
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline Tman

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2012, 01:04:52 AM »

Maybe you should try skinny tires?! :-D :evil:

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2012, 01:41:02 AM »

Maybe you should try skinny tires?! :-D :evil:

Whoa, let's keep on topic.  ^ topic will get this thread way off, plus we're trying to go faster. :-D

Offline Tman

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2012, 10:00:28 AM »
OK, I will vouch for Jardine. Him and a bunch of 307 crazies love hot rods and racecars. Keep us posted on the progress of the car! :cheers:

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2012, 08:05:03 PM »
Wow.  Thanks for the warning.  Your new record will be safe from us...this year.  We will concentrate our efforts on the bike. 

Offline Jardine

• New folks
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2012, 08:35:47 PM »
Didn't anything done today. This header building and making a living is really gettin in the way.
some of the fastest and quickest headers in the country and maybe Trans-Ams in the tri-state area

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2012, 08:44:40 PM »
J - I hate it when the damn job gets in the way.

Joe

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2012, 09:06:08 PM »
Work is the curse of the hot rodding class!

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline lvsalt

• http://www.dcwaterjet.com
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2012, 09:17:38 PM »
Bragging rights come with results, it ain't easy folks.
    :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Gary Cole     DCWATERJET Z

Offline Jardine

• New folks
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2012, 10:20:50 AM »
So.... I started really thinking about this project this weekend and talked with my engine guy who has built some pretty nasty 300" chevys in the past. came up with a few questions. I am a drag racer but realize I'm not building a drag car. I have been to the salt and dry lakes many times and my dad has set records their.
1. Transmission. I realize resistance is pretty important. I was looking at Jerico, I have used them in the past with good results.
2. Rear end. 9" ford? Same deal coming from the drag race scene this is the goto rear end. I would think I could get away with somthing a little lighter duty as the lack of traction will put alot less stress on it.
3. I'm planning on back halfing the car with a 4 link and wats link. Probably building some kind of K member for the front. Again not sure if all this work is necessary but looking to the future of moving up to some faster classes.
4. Cage. I'm waiting on my new rule book, 2010 is my most recent one. I understand the full containment deal. Will a funny car cage work for this or dose it have to be a seat?
I'm sure I'll have more!
Thanks,
Jerod