Author Topic: Ohio Mile Results  (Read 16379 times)

Offline Hooley

Re: Ohio Mile Results
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2012, 10:32:31 PM »
Well, I gotta tell you most of the crew can't run fast enough for any speed .  One of the guys in the picture commented after we were back home
 " That the hardiest I ever worked for a free T shirt"
Thank you to all the volunteers who helped over the years.  We have had over 50 different crew members over the years, they come from all over the country

I didn't have any trouble finding the crew at the salt. They were easy to see.

T-SHIRTS FOR SALE.

hehehe

It helped to have ADPRO of Claremore for a sponser.  They do the shirts.

Hooley
"Just Glad To Be Here"

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2012, 03:30:36 PM »
Hooley --- looks like when you pick your crew or more likely, when they pick you, the consideration is to look for the right bodies to fit into the one size fits all XXL Tee shirts.  There is a lot of truth that your crew probably made 11 cents an hour based on the compensation of a tee shirt.  We are all jealous of your ability to recruit a crew in those numbers.

Joe

Offline Hooley

« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2012, 10:24:46 PM »
Joe,
          It has been a lot of fun involving friends and friends of friends and sometimes people just going our way in the land speed experiences.  When there would be someone new that hadn't been to the salt [or where ever we were at] see it for the first time always brought the memories I had when it was all new to me.  It has been one hell of a ride and it just keeps going.

Hooley
"Just Glad To Be Here"

Offline ChrisLenahan

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2012, 12:45:48 AM »
Hooley, Congatulations on your Ohio results I'm betting it was a little smoother then Beeville.  As for his crew, I had the pleasure of pitting next to them in Beeville last May and thought they were a great bunch and really new what they were doing.  Wish I had paid a little more attention to how they did things but was wound up in my own problems.

Offline Hooley

« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2012, 11:50:50 AM »
Hay Chris,
                 Your're right about being a little smoother than Beeville but Beeville was good except for that little rise at the end of the track.  I think they fixed that . 
   I am sure glad it looked like we new what we were doing. We have threatened to change the name to "Over Our Heads Racing" cause that is where we are at most of the time.  We always try to have fun no matter what.
 Thank you for the kind words,
     Hooley
"Just Glad To Be Here"

Offline Dan Stokes

« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2012, 12:19:40 PM »
Speaking of race team names.......  A good friend of mine is a horse trainer and he and a bunch of his friends (not including me) went in together on a race horse.  The horse's name?
"Lost Britches".

Might be a great name for a LSR team.

Dan
Wilmington, NC - by the sea

ECTA idiot, Bonneville volunteer

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2012, 01:10:19 PM »
How about Jack Scratch Racing - I ain't got jack for scratch($) to go racing.

Frank & Amy Hartman
Jack Scratch Racing
Swansboro, NC
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline garrell patterson

« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2012, 06:54:49 AM »
I raised a good running horse once named him On The Nose, had lot's of potential sold off three 1/4 shares and sent him to a trainer in Ok. He got hurt in the trainers barn the first night there, was never able to run after that.
Stable boy threw hay down into his stall at 3:00 am in his first night in a new barn and he burst threw two gates and one fence.
Moral don't change brands of fuel the night before race day,

Garrell
garrell patterson