Author Topic: Thanks to all  (Read 5034 times)

Offline sean

• New folks
Thanks to all
« on: April 30, 2012, 01:14:30 PM »
Wanted to thank everyone with the ECTA, the racers and the especially the volunteers. I thought the event went off very well for a new venue, rainy weather and the large turnout. Wilmington seems very pleased to have the ECTA in town.

Had teething problems with my new combo, but happy with how the event went. See ya in June, hope to have it fixed by then.

Sean

Offline saltwheels262

• LTA 7/2013
Re: Thanks to all
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 01:51:28 PM »
+1 .
you took my words right off of the keypad.
other than the rain, it was a great event.

bill franey
bub '07 - 140.293 a/pg   120" crate street mill  
bub '10 - 158.100  sweetooth gear
lta  7/11 -163.389  7/17/11; 3 run avg.-162.450
ohio -    - 185.076 w/#684      
lta 8/14  - 169.xxx. w/sw2           
'16 -- 0 runs ; 0 events

" it's not as easy as it looks. "
                            - franey  8/2007

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 03:04:05 PM »
+2, a big thanks to all responsible for making it happen.

Life stuff has me committed to other directions for June but I am looking forward to getting back as soon as I can.

Ed

Offline bearingburner

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 03:43:51 PM »
Thanks to all who found this place and got permission to use. Let's hope we can keep it for a LONG time.
Only 13 1/2 hours travel time.

Offline N_Woods

• New folks
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 09:58:11 PM »
From one of the many spectators, I too want to say thank you to all those who worked hard to make this event a reality.

Nathan

Offline geezer1

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 09:59:35 PM »
All of the Geezers would like to thank the ECTA group for a great opportunity. What a great facility!! We enjoyed most everything except the Wilmington Windburn - what's up with that?

Looking forward to June.

Geo Turner
Geezer Racing
Geezer Racing - (Turner/Herr/Mclellan/Acton/Pranger/Acton/Acton /McDonald/Hascall/Patul)
Trever is in at over 210!!!!!(17 yrs. old) Kyle is in at over 212!!!!! (16 yrs' old)
2 Wins in the Hot Rod Top Speed Challenge in Super Street 2014-2015
5 Different Geezer Drivers set records at Maxton, Loring, and Ohio
We also had the honor to have the fastest Innkeeper in Wilmington Ohio in the Geezer Express
Thank you ECTA and our great LSR Friends! Press On Regardless!!

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 10:54:18 PM »
Joe/Keith/Donna/Tonya - The work that it took to get this event on was monumental.  Selling the concept to an Airport Authority. Moving equipment from North Carolina to Ohio.  Designing a functioning course.  First time set up. Handling 175 entries. Then the always unpredictable weather.  You put together a first class event.  Looking forward to the next event.

Joe

Offline Dan Stokes

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 08:05:22 PM »
Me too!  Great venue - although I do miss my 2 -hour tow.  Still, worth the effort X100!

See y'all next meet - but hopefully minus the runny nose and frozen feet (should have taken my racing rubber boots).

Dan
Wilmington, NC - by the sea

ECTA idiot, Bonneville volunteer

Offline KeithTurk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 10:42:19 AM »
I can't believe we got it done.....great stuff...
Keith Turk
 D Gas Modified Sports
 246.555 mph

Offline relaxedphit

• Organ Donor...refrigerate after opening
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2012, 12:17:51 PM »
We really got a warm reception from the folks in Wilmington that I got to meet. The mayor is hoping to put together some sort of "welcome" bag of guides and discount coupons for area businesses for racers and event staff. I hope Sunday's call for volunteers from the pits and spectators was successful. While the track is incomparably better than Maxton, the layout is not as staff/organizing friendly. I'm sure ECTA at Maxton didn't start out with a trained volunteer staff, but built a good one. The difference here is that there is already a large contingent of racers and hopefully many new ones coming while the core of trained staff is dimenishing. I know the riders/drivers want to get as many passes as most were able to get this past meet (with no oil-downs),so try to impress on your family and friends that there is great satisfaction in participating in being a part of the event staff "family".

Offline CruZer

• New folks
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2012, 03:42:49 PM »
I'm president of a local car club and I am bringing pix and movies of my first ECTA event (Wilmington ) to the meeting tonight. If the pix / movies doesn't "hook" another newby,my enthusiasm will !!!

Offline TomC

• New folks
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2012, 06:43:31 PM »
Had a GREAT time at Wilmington even though we never got a run in on the cb160.  I do think we set a Wilmington record in being the first bike (maybe vehicle) to break down in the staging lanes before the runs began on Saturday!!!  Still had fun and we will be back (in July). Thanks to all that worked so hard on making this event happen   Tom
Krypton Racing

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2012, 07:29:26 PM »
Big thanks to the volunteers and ECTA staff and the warm and freindly town of Wilmington for a cool weekend. will be back for sure. :cheers: :cheers: :-D
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline ronnieroadster

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2012, 09:24:23 PM »
  WOW what a place to race add to that the perfect location just off the main drag in a wonderful town it doesn't get any better.
   To Joe, Keith, Donna and Tonya thank you all for working so hard to put this deal together. To all the volunteers another BIG Thanks.
   The CT Street Rod crew attended with two cars both cars ran there fastest times ever in the mile. Looking forward to June.
      Ronnieroadster
Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 ECTA  XF/BGRMR Record 179.8561
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 200.921 First  Ever Ford Flathead Roadster to hit 200 MPH burning gasoline July 2018
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 205.744  First gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to top 200 MPH at Bonneville August 7, 2021 top speed 219.717
 SCTA  XXF/BGRMR Record 216.131 plus a Red Hat
"Life Member of the Bonneville 200 MPH Club"

Offline TAKERRY

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2012, 07:21:29 PM »
I just wanted to say a BIG thankyou to everyone with the ECTA. I was very excited about racing in Ohio. It is a lot closer than Bonneville. I figured this would be good to test my car before I drive back to Bonneville in Sept. Got in Thurs. night. Went thru tech on Friday. Met a lot of wonderfull and friendly people. Hey Mass. us F body's got to stick together. Sat bright and early,suited up ,neck collar on Helmut on. Guy next to me with a bike started leaking oil. Felt bad for him. Got to the line looking to do 150 easy. First gear ok 2nd gear ok WHAT NO THIRD GEAR. Guess I might have been the first casualty. Do I get a record for that? Sat in my car freezing and wondering what to do. Tonya thanks for your efforts to get me a tow,also a big thank you to the city council man from Wilmington. I'm glad one of the volunteers suggested I call U-Haul. I rented a truck and a trailer loaded up Sunday morning and drove home. First experience towing anything? So I'm home with no 3rd/4th gear.  Getting a new trans next month and give it another shot. Maybe if I can afford it I'll see everyone in July. Still plan on driving to Bonneville to make the 150 club at the world of speed. By the way I have the white 1979 Trans Am with a black cowl hood. Hey I saw someone posted a picture of my car THANKYOU.
THANKS AGAIB TO ALL THE STAFF AND VOLLUNTEERS. A very nice venue
Kerry Friedman
No trailer ran 135mph at the World of Speed 2011 see you in 2012 in Ohio and back at Bonneville at the world of speed going for the 150club 1979 Firebird T/A White . Ck out YOU TUBE. KERRY AT BONNEVILLE. Didn't  make 2012,2013,2014. ECTA in Ohio 2012 trans went out and 2013 fuel problems . Still trans and fuel problems. Finally all looks good. Ready to drive (no trailer) 1500 miles to Bonneville and It's cancelled. NEXT YEAR. SEPT. ECTA RAN 144 MPH. GETTING BETTER. 2021 Ran 152 fulfilled a ten year dream to make the 150 club.