Author Topic: Rudy Eleff  (Read 2968 times)

Offline desotoman

Rudy Eleff
« on: April 24, 2012, 02:21:42 PM »
I just read this on the SCTA website. Rudy was a good guy and will be missed. RIP and Godspeed Rudy.

Tom G.

Rudy Eleff passed away 3-29-2012, He crewed on Al Teague's streamliner in it's hey-day. He also
helped on the BMR coupe and roadster. Services will be Friday April 29 at Addleman Funeral Home
at 11338 Valley Blvd. El Monte Ca. across from City Hall. Formal Rudy attire { whit T-shirt with at least 1 hole.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline laurelnz

• New folks
Re: Rudy Eleff
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 04:45:48 AM »
Hi there,
I am the granddaughter of the deceased Mary Jane Eleff, and have just done a google search as I have heard of Rudy's passing and came up with your forum post We are trying to find out more about his death and the service, and would love if anyone has any further information to pass along to make contact with us as we are finding in hard being in New Zealand currently.

I know how much racing meant to him and my grandmother, as I have sat through many Bonneville photo viewing sessions watching the excitement in their eyes as they told story after story. I have no more knowledge of land racing than what I've seen on The World's Fastest Indian, but know that what goes on with you guys must be pretty darn special. Thank you on behalf of my grandmother and Rudy for being a special thing to be a part of!

p.s LOVED the tshirt comment. that's Rudy!

Offline laurelnz

• New folks
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 04:47:50 AM »
forgot to say: please contact on thinksideways@gmail.com

Offline fastman614

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 05:26:40 AM »
Laurel- Welcome to the site.... It is great you posted!.... I never knew Rudy except to know that it was him but your comments about how much this meant to him (and the rest of us) is profound!....

Off the topic, the movie "The World's Fastest Indian" has introduced a lot of people to the "Mecca of Going Fast".... I (in Bert's words), a "fellow loyal subject of the Queen" - from Canada, have been going to Bonneville for so many years that I had actually met, more than once, that legendary character (I mean Bert Munro)....

I do not have any other contact info but, if you and yours are ever able to travel to the USA during Speedweek, do your best to attend, say who you are and you will be helped to find and meet anyone who is there that may be on your "wish-list" of people to see - 'specially the ones who knew Rudy!
No s*** sticks to the man wearing a teflon suit.