Author Topic: scta legal roadster body ?  (Read 13163 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: scta legal roadster body ?
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2012, 12:01:04 PM »
Being one of the bike racers -- what's a "revel"?  What folks do when they are celebrating?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2012, 12:07:54 PM »
Merriam W. describes a reveal as "the side of an opening (as for a window) between a frame and the outer surface of a wall".  Its usage has been expanded over the years to include the raised areas that first surrounded doors in brass-era vehicles, and later became body embellishments (pre-chrome strips).  I think.

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2012, 12:21:31 PM »
Yeah, that's all fine and dandy, Stan, but now I'd like you to answer my question.  Here's to what I refer.  Go back to JD's post #10, and the next couple of 'em, too, ending with Dan's:

"That reminds me JD. Miller and I have been talking about adding a rule that all OEM body revels must be in place. What do you think?

DW"
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 12:26:07 PM by Seldom Seen Slim »
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline dw230

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2012, 12:40:08 PM »
All roadsters. The rules do not allow for the remove of the revel.

Please note words in red:

5.B   VINTAGE CATEGORY
This category is specifically intended for the lovers of antique iron. Although fiberglass and aluminum bodies are allowed, the body shall be an exact replica of an American production car except for the Vintage Oval Track class. No modification is allowed to the body proper from the stock firewall location back and the window down, and only limited modifications are allowed to the hood and top....

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline thundersalt

• www.americanrvservicecenter.com
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2012, 12:41:32 PM »
"As a caution with any fiber glass body try to get the measurments of a steel body siting on an original frame for measurments."

I would assume that the +/- 1" rule would still apply. Finding a 85 year old steel body to the exact measurements that Henry Ford designed may be impossible.

With all of this roadster measument disscussions through the years on several forums has anyone ever found  original build dimensions by Ford?
916 REMR
2017 AA/FRMR Bonneville Record holder 234.663
2018 AA/GRMR El Mirage Record holder 223.108
2020 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 252.438
2021 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 262.685
El Mirage 200 MPH Club
Drivers/Owners: Brian & Celia Dean

Offline Tman

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2012, 12:48:25 PM »

Yes, they are out there. Someone posted measurements on the HAMB the ohter day for somebody looking for details.

"As a caution with any fiber glass body try to get the measurments of a steel body siting on an original frame for measurments."

I would assume that the +/- 1" rule would still apply. Finding a 85 year old steel body to the exact measurements that Henry Ford designed may be impossible.

With all of this roadster measument disscussions through the years on several forums has anyone ever found  original build dimensions by Ford?

Offline DSR88

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2012, 01:09:09 PM »
Thanks DW , I took a lot of Roaster pic's at SW last year so I will study this close.

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2012, 01:39:26 PM »
Being one of the bike racers -- what's a "revel"?  What folks do when they are celebrating?

Slim,  Its what the roadster folk do when they find a legal body.
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2012, 01:39:41 PM »
Slim et al . . .

Roaster is misspelled Roadster.

Revel is misspelled Reveal.

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

McRat

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2012, 01:49:37 PM »
What about when it's really, really hot, and you are waiting for the track to be declared clear? :?

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2012, 01:57:54 PM »
White firesuits and open cockpits make it quite bearable.

Offline mitchell968

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2012, 03:11:14 PM »
mr eyres said the 29 polyfoli form is good 2 go

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2012, 03:32:23 PM »
I do not doubt the the polyform body is "good to go" however if you pinch together the front of it 2", like a certain modified roadster did, your car will be found to be illegal by the guy you beat. And "gee it's just how I took it out of the box...how was I to know?"

All cars are legal and can run unnoticed until they set a record...Your cometition is your best buddy until then :evil:

And Slim and revel, reveal, whatever is what is left on your head after the bar fights when you were younger.........and old roadster bodies have a lot of them
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline jl222

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2012, 04:19:08 PM »
Yeah, that's all fine and dandy, Stan, but now I'd like you to answer my question.  Here's to what I refer.  Go back to JD's post #10, and the next couple of 'em, too, ending with Dan's:

"That reminds me JD. Miller and I have been talking about adding a rule that all OEM body revels must be in place. What do you think?

DW"

I don't think it will be party time :evil: :-D

JL222

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2012, 04:20:34 PM »
Well, JD, I've never been in a bar fight -- for that matter, any kind of fight.  My youth, however, did include some things and substances that have farkled with my memory.  As for revel/reveal - - well, if I'm to be the comma (etc.) cop -- I can't let good ones go without a comment.  Q.E.D.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com