Author Topic: UK Motorcycle Records Meeting  (Read 5495 times)

Offline Malcolm UK

UK Motorcycle Records Meeting
« on: April 22, 2012, 07:54:04 AM »
Anyone in the UK may wish to visit the UK Motrorcycle Records Event on May 13th and 14th. It takes place at Elvington near York (about 200 miles from London). Gate fee will be made.

Official National records will be attempted, as will top speed records for the 1 mile and 1.4 mile. Two and three wheelers are entered.

Meeting is organised by Straightliners organisation.
Malcolm UK, Derby, England.

Offline Malcolm UK

Re: UK Motorcycle Records Meeting
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 05:25:38 AM »
The entry for the event includes the current UK outright wheeldriven record holder (two way average over the flying start 1/4 mile), a past outright record holder, as well as many International and National record holders. They are joined by new contenders in a range of classes including scooters (the step through frame machines - lambretta, Vespa), a turbine powered road bike and cyclecars. There will be electric bikes too.

The results may show others in the world how quickly UK bikers can go in the standing start mile distance for top speeds and the 1.4 mile. 

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 12:42:45 AM »
Sounds like it will be a good meet, Malcolm.  Any pictures you post will be welcome.  Especially those of any members of this forum.

Offline Malcolm UK

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 12:53:18 PM »
Have just returned from the meeting venue. Both days were affected by strong westerly winds. No problems for riders, but the marquee used by the Speed record Club was blown down  :-(.

I will start a separate thread for the results and whilst I was on track duty each day, I may have some photos to upload of the quicker bikes in the pits.

Malcolm