Author Topic: 2012 SHOOTOUT  (Read 5654 times)

Offline ack

2012 SHOOTOUT
« on: August 16, 2012, 04:30:53 PM »
Cook’s Shootout September 15th through the 19th 2012

The Shootout is on again for 2012 there is no charge to be a spectator just be nice to Linda at the end of the road she might even let you in to the pits. Mike Cook will be running the event and organizing the cars I will be organizing the bikes. Both FIA and FIM officials will be at the meet so it is the place to set world records.

Bikes:

Top1 oil will again be picking up the FIM, AMA and course certification costs for the event (about 15K) for any entrant that runs their graphics and allows them to use the entries photo.  If an entry has an oil sponsor or doesn't want to run Top 1 graphics they will need to pay their prorated FIM and AMA costs. Mike Cook charges 5K per entry for timing course prep, insurance, permits, fire and ambulance.

ACK Attack will be going back to the Shootout September 15 Rocky really wants to be the first to average 400. 

Sam Wheeler has fitted a Vance and Hines prepared Suzuki Hayabusa turbo motor to his liner and has full financial backing of Fred Fox and Parts Unlimited. He is planning on being there and will be a strong contender for the world’s fastest motorcycle.

The bike entries so far are:

Top 1 ACK Attack Streamliner

Parts Unlimited / Sam Wheeler Streamliner

Al Lamb Open Wheel

Jamie Williams Open Wheel

Greg Watters Open Wheel

We may be able to accommodate one or two additional bikes depending on the car entries. Anyone that is a serious contender interested in attending please contact me at 408 287-8021 or mikea@ackavionics.com.

Cars:

There are going to be some very fast cars at the event and I would expect to see some big car numbers and world records.

Currently there are two car entries but Mike expects more, they are:

Poteet and Main Speed Demon streamliner

Charles Nearburg Spirit of Rett  Streamliner

Interested car entries should contact Mike Cook at 951 675-3070 or driver598@sbcglobal.net

Mike Akatiff

Offline Moxnix

• Zufrieden mit Mir.
    • Speed Bumps on the Road to Perdition
Re: 2012 SHOOTOUT
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 05:12:56 PM »
Landracing will be there, which means I will be too. 

This is a great event.  I thank everyone involved who makes it happen.
Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
http://speedbumpsontheroadtoperdition.wordpress.com/

Offline Malcolm UK

Re: 2012 SHOOTOUT
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 04:39:20 PM »
As speed commitments in the UK will prevent me from being at the 2012 Shootout I look forward to the Landracing.com coverage, thanks Max & Jon.

I feel sure that the event will see the record books of the International bodies re-written in many places with new World Records.

With many new vehicles being built around the world I hope Mike Cook is able to maintain the event in the future.

Malcolm UK.

Malcolm UK, Derby, England.