Author Topic: BAGNELL & CHENOWTH 2012 Bonneville Speedweek CX500tc TURBO  (Read 96229 times)

Offline bigdaddyusmc

Re: BAGNELL & CHENOWTH 2012 Bonneville Speedweek CX500tc TURBO
« Reply #150 on: July 19, 2012, 07:11:21 PM »
The Bike is DONE.  So this will be my last post on this build diary.

I want to thank everyone that has helped us get this bike finished. Without your hard work & quality products, this bike would have never happened. We are now going to concentrate on getting to the salt & doing the best we can with this new bike.

I want to thank most of you for follwing this thread. :cheers: I hope to see you at Bonnevile for the SCTA 2012 SPEEDWEEK.

For the hand full of bone heads that have posted usless garbage , stupid jokes or just wanted to post because they don't have a life.
All I can suggest is you need to get professional help...... :-D
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 08:52:23 PM by bigdaddyusmc »
BAGNELL BAGGO CHENOWTH RACING

Offline edinlr

« Reply #151 on: July 19, 2012, 10:13:28 PM »
Randy, Jake & Jacob

I have enjoyed all your posts.  Thanks for sharing everything with us.  Yes, some of us have poked fun at times, but I think everything was in good spirit.  No telling how many times I have been told I am dumber than an idiot.  Since there are only a few of us who race the CX's, sometimes the questions may sound dumb, but might be more about how someone is curious about the bike.  At least they are interested enough to read the posts, right?  We have a lot of people on here who race at all kinds of venues from Utah to Oz, so not everyone may be familiar with the rules.  Don, who posted a few posts above, holds a number of records on the CX and other bikes, I think the guy knows what he is talking about.  Besides, I own the old bike that set a bunch of the records.  :-D  In any event, if someone spotted one of my boo boos, I would much prefer they point it out while I am in my garage in Arkansas, rather than having to learn it in tech on the salt. So consider the source, time of day, number of beers consumed while reading or typing and then forgive and forget.  I hope you will  keep us posted about your time on the salt and let us cheer for you to set a record or two.
Honda CX650 turbo, Kawasaki H2 Ninja, Kawasaki ZX750 turbo

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #152 on: July 19, 2012, 10:44:45 PM »
Ah -- I'll bet that he comes around for another shot.  We want to know who all those people are standing in front of his bike.  And what the girls' names are that are blocking what his "build" has accomplished. 

"You wont have bigdaddy to kick around any more."
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline aussiespeedracer

• New folks
« Reply #153 on: July 20, 2012, 01:27:29 AM »
STAN BACK
 These guys may be new to salt bikes ,but I think they have built a ripper of a bike...
They wanted to document their build & you act like a bloody wanker....

Bigdaddy I hope you don't think that the rest of us salt freaks are total Drongo's like Stan Back
We wish you luck at  Bonneville
Doug
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 02:23:17 AM by aussiespeedracer »

Offline bigdaddyusmc

« Reply #154 on: July 21, 2012, 12:21:02 AM »
This is  BAGGO. My real name is Jacob Bagnell Sr. When I was 8 I lost my dad. A man named Al Jerauld let me hang around his speed shop. By the time I was in jr high I was working there. Al Jerauld & his partner George Barber ran a little Belly Tank they called THE BABY BOMB in the 1950‘s. They set a lot of land speed records in that belly tank at Bonneville , but I was never able to go. I’m dedicating the build of this bike  to the memory of Al Jerauld

George Barber at the wheel ,Al Jerauld standing

The BABY BOMB

After going to Bonneville last year and meeting so many great people and having so much fun I was hooked. That is where I met my Aussie mate Doug ( aussiespeedracer ) . He is the guy who writes in with a Roo drinking a beer as his profile photo. What a great guy. I just wish I knew what he was talking about sometimes. People down under sure talk funny.

Randy Chenowth’s dad, uncles and the rest of his family have been around racing for ever. This included everything from The Chenowth Dune Buggies ,one of the first MOON type gas pedal, The first V8 Chevy Indy Roadster , a lot early dragster  , circle track modifieds & midgets . They ran at Paradise Mesa , Balboa Stadium & Cajon Speedway just to mention a few. They also built  Lou Bingham’s land speed chassis in the early 1960’s

Chuck Chenowth & the San Diego Steel Products CHENOWTH Indy Roadster

Lou Bingham's LSR Roadster

The biggest thing for me is that my son is going to ride this bike we just finished and we are going to spend some time together. Jacob Jr. is working in Northern California ,We don’t get to see each other that often.  I miss him so much.

There are things that the this bike needs, like a chain drive, a little help with the computer and some  head / turbo work . But the money just wasn’t there this year. We hand built or modified what we could. For having a limited budget I think the bike came out pretty nice….

As far as people writing in, I think its great. I don’t care what anyone says. Some things that people have written have given me some good ideas. Every idea and comment was good to me. I was just surprised so many people were following the build of this goffy looking bike. Once we get to Bonneville, if the bike starts , we get some decent runs on the salt & Randy, Jacob Jr. and I can drink a few beers together . Then all the hard work & money we spent will be well worth it.

See you at the SALT
BAGGO
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 01:26:01 AM by bigdaddyusmc »

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #155 on: July 21, 2012, 03:03:50 AM »
Uh-oh Chungo ......................International incident!!!!!!!!!!!!

and man ,it's got EVERYTHING!!

Lawless bikers, a beer drinking kangaroo with muscles,anodizing and some guy who can spell from San Bernadino!!!

Hey Baggo, I was looking at a shot yesterday on old fartbook and in the background was a weird lookin tank that looked to be polished Al, now it seems coincidental but I reckon it was that Baby Bomb thing there, is it still around???

Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline bigdaddyusmc

« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 01:04:34 AM by bigdaddyusmc »

Offline Tman

« Reply #157 on: July 26, 2012, 02:00:42 AM »
Stan Back is a smart guy and my intuition is spot on again.  :roll:

Offline edinlr

« Reply #158 on: August 06, 2012, 10:59:41 PM »
Big Daddy, your link isn't working, hope you can get it fixed so you can keep us posted from Speedweek.

Offline edinlr

« Reply #159 on: August 15, 2012, 12:12:56 AM »
Congrats on the 126.953 pass, I smell a record run.

Offline Tman

« Reply #160 on: August 15, 2012, 01:26:07 AM »
Randy, fun chat over beers although I will have to call so we can recap it....damn those beers! :cheers:

Offline interested bystander

« Reply #161 on: August 15, 2012, 01:34:10 AM »
Belive Chenowth also created the "U Fab Manifold" .

Think Cook and Bedwell 166.97 and the fuel ban.

The late Jim "Topo" Ward used to tell hillarious stories of those San Diego guys.
5 mph in pit area (clothed)

Offline bigdaddyusmc

« Reply #162 on: August 15, 2012, 06:50:17 PM »
We just got home from Bonneville speed week 2012
We olny had a few days to run so we hit it hard & squeezed all we could out of this bike

You have to remember we were running a STOCK 30 year old factory motor that has never been rebuilt
Also we were running a shaft drive with STOCK rear gear ratio.
We didn't get a record but we were right there , our best run was 0.354 mph off the record........
We are very proud of our ROOKIE rider Jacob Bagnell III & we are thrilled with the way the bike ran...
Below are our results

2012 Bonneville Speed Week ,#338 M/PBG  ,Bagnell Baggo & Chenowth Racing
----------------------------------------------------
Saturday August 11 , 2012
                                                      Off record              + /-
Rookie Run         91.225                    36.082
Run #1              112.120                   15.187             + 20.895
Run #2              114.756                   12.551              + 2.636

Sunday August  12 , 2012

Run #3              119.198                    7.551                 + 4.442
Run #4              126.953                    0.354                 + 7.755
Run #5              123.928                    3.379                  - 3.025

Monday August 13 , 2012
Run #6              126.044                     1.263                + 2.116
Run #7              126.255                     1.082                + 0.211
Run #8              126.475                     0.837                + 0.250
Run #9              126.702                     0.605                + 0.227
Run #10            105.428   low speed run for video

Offline Tman

« Reply #163 on: August 15, 2012, 07:09:34 PM »
Thats close.

Offline maj

« Reply #164 on: August 16, 2012, 04:55:03 AM »
 Congratulations, got lots of passes in right on the record and brought it home alive  :cheers: