Author Topic: 1926 Model T XO/VFCC  (Read 61082 times)

Offline swackerle

Re: 1926 Model T XO/VFCC
« Reply #90 on: December 01, 2012, 10:18:32 PM »
Alright everyone, I have some updates finally!  Though I am sorry to say that they are with my cell phone again...  I know, I know...  I'll get my boss's camera again soon or just get a new one for myself for Xmas.  For now though, you're going to have to bear with me!

So here it is!  Or most of it, still needs some small things like a hump over the valve cover and a hole for the intake, but its "dry" now with its roof on it.

As you've probably noticed, I have changed the front end design alittle bit, should be alittle more slippery now!  Especially with the belly pan which isn't visible, but it is there.

And this is the final ride height of the Model T, the front...

The rear...

Also, you'll notice that there is no giant hole on the side of the vehicle for the exhaust.  That's because I am changing the design so the exhaust exits out the back of the vehicle.  It just makes too much sense.  I got a bunch of mandrel bends from the junkyard for cheap, European cars have some wonderful bends and thick and wide exhaust.

That's all for now everybody.  I'll keep pushing and updating!

-Sam W

Offline swackerle

« Reply #91 on: February 24, 2013, 11:06:21 AM »
Alright, its been a little while, but its back to work now!  There's still lots to do if I am going to make it to Speedweek this year.  This is just a quick update, mostly to show that I haven't given up yet!

So I redid the trunk.  The 3/16th steel plate ended up being a little impractical with all the bracing that it required.  So I took it off, cut all the braces and put in a piece of sheet metal.

Then I was able to connect the parachute mount in a much more direct method to the chassis.

It's much simpler and to the point.  Also opens up the trunk area for adding weights if I need some more grip.

That's all for now.  I'll keep working and updating as time allows.

-Sam W

Offline tauruck

« Reply #92 on: February 24, 2013, 11:59:07 AM »
Good to see you're making progress. Can't wait to see it done and running. Nice one.

Offline swackerle

« Reply #93 on: April 02, 2013, 12:18:56 AM »
Hey guys, it's been awhile by do not fret, I am still making progress!  New fenders and some boxed goodies, including alternator, wiring harness and distributor.  I also got a new camera so I figured this latest update will be in video form.  So enjoy!

Also came up with a name for the beast "Get The Mail"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3ky8diIu0k&feature=youtu.be

-Sam

Offline tauruck

« Reply #94 on: April 02, 2013, 03:50:59 PM »
Sam, good to read that you're still on it. Checked the video too. Roll cage and motor look sweet but man you have a job with that body. Rather you than me. I think it's going to good when it's done. :cheers: :cheers: Mike.

Offline swackerle

« Reply #95 on: April 02, 2013, 06:20:47 PM »
That is the part that I am dreading, but I'll smooth it out and do my best to make something out of the old beast.

-Sam

Offline swackerle

« Reply #96 on: April 04, 2013, 12:54:16 AM »

Offline swackerle

« Reply #97 on: August 21, 2013, 04:10:59 PM »
I hope all went well at speed week for everyone!  I have been working hard myself and I finally fired up the beast!

Here she is with a jerry rigged muffler to try to keep the noise down, she was still very loud!  That's me on the left and my dad on the right, he's been a huge help through all this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWKi7gl_iq8

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #98 on: August 21, 2013, 04:20:15 PM »
Sam

Its getting there. Looks good with the front gooodyears versus the plywood.

BR

Better quality video, enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBIQX6GTeUI&feature=youtu.be
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline Frankie7799

« Reply #99 on: August 21, 2013, 05:21:23 PM »
Very cool to see more progress Sam

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #100 on: August 21, 2013, 05:53:00 PM »
onya Sam :cheers: :cheers:
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline swackerle

« Reply #101 on: June 18, 2014, 06:21:43 PM »
Now begins the hard push for Speedweek!  I have been keeping busy everyone and have only 2 pictures to show for it.  First is of the dash, which needs the gauges put in but it looks great regardless;

Next is of the body.  Other than a shot of clear coat, this will be the final paint scheme of the Flying W (new official name of the car).  I know it's not as shiny and smooth as other paint jobs and the fauxtina look is overplayed, but it saves me a lot of time;

I'll be at the salt this year with the model t in all it's grungy glory.  Now I've got to get back at it if I hope to keep on schedule.

Thanks,
Sam Wackerle

Offline swackerle

« Reply #102 on: June 22, 2014, 06:31:52 PM »
Keeping at it.  Gauges in the dash;

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #103 on: June 22, 2014, 07:20:34 PM »
 :-D :-D :-D   Make that old Jimmy Howl  looking so forward to seeing and hearing it!!!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline tauruck

« Reply #104 on: June 23, 2014, 12:37:37 AM »
Way to go Sam.

It's looking great. :cheers: